Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 08:40 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,965,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Perhaps, this is why Americans have such a "crappy reputation" when it comes to understanding anything intellectual.
I agree with you on that statement ... the Pinellas 12 is a prime example of lacking the ability to understand anything intellectual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2011, 05:49 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,654,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I just can't imagine anyone as lazy and unmotivated as she is. First, she lied to her parents for years about her fake job, never graduated from HS, does not even get it together to get a GED!
Crazy! I can't believe how anyone can be so completely clueless, and just does nothing all the time. How any guy could find someone like that attractive is beyond me. Can she even carry on a conversation? About what?
She can say "honey" and "absolutely".

Old 10-08-2011, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Juliette, Annabelle, Zanny and her sister, Jeffrey, Eric, Zach she can surround herself with all her friends.
You forgot about Gloria.

Old 10-08-2011, 06:03 AM

[quote=WhipperSnapper 88;21196791]
Quote:

Why do all your posts sound the same on this subject phil? We know how you feel, there is no need to say the same things over and over. And yes, the majority of the public is certain of her guilt, and there is likely nothing that will change our minds, YOU need to GET OVER that! And Phil, "acquitted" does not mean innocent, I would think that is something you would know being an officer of the law and all.

That's the problem with the justice system right there. It isn't about finding the truth with prosecuters, and it isn't about defending someones rights with defense attornies, It's about who won and who lost, who can spin the story in the most appealing way, and who can come up with the best lie. I respect all lawyers and what they do, but it's no wonder they have such a crappy reputation anymore.

P.S.
I always find it ironic and quite humorous when somone posts on a subject telling people they need to quit posting about it and get over it.
Yes, I agree. Whose business is it concerning what we get over or don't get over. Nobody's business but ours.

Old 10-08-2011, 08:58 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,533,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
So I wonder who has been footing her cost of living bill for the last month.

{ I doubt shes given hardly any time to thinking about Caylee, you saw how she partied right after she died, why would she pay any mind to her now? }
Me too. Who is putting a roof over her head and paying her bills? Her attourneys? Maybe they're waiting for the pay out on the book deal.

Old 10-08-2011, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Yes, I agree. Whose business is it concerning what we get over or don't get over. Nobody's business but ours.
ITA! If you don't want to talk about this subject, then ignore all posts about this subject. It's that simple. Some people are very upset that a child died and her killer walked free. It may take them a long time to come to terms with this. Many of us hope karma bites Casey in the jugular. Part of the issue here is that we can't change this. Even if we change laws now, Casey walks scott free. It amazes me that we actually have to put a law on the books to make it illegal to NOT report your toddler missing for 31 days!!!! That is, at the very least, child endangerment.

Old 10-08-2011, 09:03 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
[quote=Ivorytickler;21202064]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post

ITA! If you don't want to talk about this subject, then ignore all posts about this subject. It's that simple. Some people are very upset that a child died and her killer walked free. It may take them a long time to come to terms with this. Many of us hope karma bites Casey in the jugular. Part of the issue here is that we can't change this. Even if we change laws now, Casey walks scott free. It amazes me that we actually have to put a law on the books to make it illegal to NOT report your toddler missing for 31 days!!!! That is, at the very least, child endangerment.
I never agreed with that feel good law anyway.

I do think people need to channel their anger into something productive. JMO

Old 10-08-2011, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I just can't imagine anyone as lazy and unmotivated as she is. First, she lied to her parents for years about her fake job, never graduated from HS, does not even get it together to get a GED!
Crazy! I can't believe how anyone can be so completely clueless, and just does nothing all the time. How any guy could find someone like that attractive is beyond me. Can she even carry on a conversation? About what?
Some men think with their little head... And men had better think about this. One way Casey can pay her bills is have a few kids by different fathers. She can do quite well collecting child support from multiple sources....

Old 10-08-2011, 06:08 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,552,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Some men think with their little head... And men had better think about this. One way Casey can pay her bills is have a few kids by different fathers. She can do quite well collecting child support from multiple sources....
The question would be...who's the real daddies? I hope they wouldn't have to read her next book to find out.

Old 10-08-2011, 06:56 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,893,585 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
The idea that any system can function with 100% accuracy is laughable. Ours doesn't and I make no apologies for that. You can't conceive of a better one and you know it.
I have said several times, on this board even, that our system isn't perfect, but it's the best in the world.

Quote:
I'm curious just what you think Casey Anthony's attorney should have done? Should he have sat silent in a chair and not attempted to put on any defense at all?
My statement wasn't directed only at Casey Anthony's atty, but I'll take a wack at your question since you asked. Yes, Casey Anthony was entitled to counsel, and said counsel had a duty to present the best defense possible. But, being a lawyer yourself, I'm sure you are well aware of the "good faith" practices an atty is required to operate within. So much of what he { Baez } presented were lies and disractions. Can this be proven? No, not given what we know. How do I know they were lies then? Because they defy reason and logic, and that's what a person would be required to suspend in order to believe them, reason and logic. It's not a matter of " I just don't want to believe it" It's a compilation of the facts, and the time frames at which they were presented going clear back to the beginning, and everything combined that lead me to the inevitable conclusion that Jose Baez knowingly and willingly lied to the court. He even said in the beginning that he WAS going to get her out, no matter who had to hurt in the process, and no matter what he had to do to accomplish it, so you tell me.

Quote:
Finally, your comment about lawyers is non-sequitur. You say that "you respect all lawyers and what they do", but than go on to say "its no wonder they have such a crappy reputation".
Sure it makes sense. I don't claim to be an expert when it comes to the system, but I would say I have quite a bit more knowledge of it than the average person. { AND that opinion has been strengthened in light of the Casey trial, where it became evident to me that most people haven't the slightest clue about the system of their nation } So, I respect lawyers given what I know about them and what they do, but it is no surprise that someone who doesn't have quite as much knowledge as I do would think badly of them going on what they see on court tv.

Quote:
Too many people who can't even describe three rights guaranteed to criminal defendants by the Constitution fancy themselves experts when it comes to the criminal justice system.
As stated above, I don't fancy myself an expert, but I know quite a bit more thaan the average guy. { and I can name three rights, do you really want me to though? }

Quote:
(BTW: Its "prosecutors" and "attorneys")

Normaly when someone comments on something as petty and childish as my grammar or spelling, it becomes clear they are not here for the same reason I am, which is to have a meaningful conversation, and so I never read their posts or reply to them again. But I like you, have read many of your posts, agree with the majority of them, and think you are a smart person. So I will politely ask you not to do it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Haha...how many times have you posted the same.
The difference is, I tell people they need to get over the fact that she was found not guilty and that she can never be tried again no matter how much they want her to be, but I would never tell someone they need to move on to something else and quit discussing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime