Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 08:28 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Why should society go through the expense of maintaining them? The world is overcrowded and there are much more deserving people people out there. If they are never leaving prison why should we pay? Perhaps this bleeding heart liberal isn't enlightened enough to care. Donate their eyes
Lol, believe me part of me does feel it is justice when a murderer gets his or her 'comeuppance', but I stick to it on principle, and one with principles can't be selective. Human rights should not reduced to a question of economics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2011, 01:12 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Lol, believe me part of me does feel it is justice when a murderer gets his or her 'comeuppance', but I stick to it on principle, and one with principles can't be selective. Human rights should not reduced to a question of economics.

The billions we spens keeping these parasites could be used to care for the elderly or education

Old 10-10-2011, 10:04 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Quote:
The billions we spens keeping these parasites could be used to care for the elderly or education
Personally I think the US should start cutting back on military spending for now. It's criminal in so many ways.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:39 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
When you find a way that will pass Constitutional muster to make it less expensive to kill an inmate than imprison them for life - get back to me.

Old 01-21-2012, 09:51 AM

2,601 posts, read 3,397,606 times
Completely ridiculous and barbaric is my answer to that.

Old 01-21-2012, 10:01 AM

2,601 posts, read 3,397,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
"Just regular rape" is considered by the FBI to be second only to murder in the devastation it creates in the lives of the victims. They may never feel safe again. 86% of rape victims develop addictions inm order to keep from feeling the feelings that come with being raped. Victims' marriages break up, their jobs are lost; a few go into the hospital and don't come out for years. Some see their relatives go to prison for going after the person who did it to them. A few die.
I'm sorry, but serious aggravated assault/attempted murder(ie attacking someone with a baseball bat/hammer and potentially doing permanent physical and psychological damage) is much worse than rape or child molestation.

I always find it strange how people get so worked up against sex crimes , but not against heinous acts of violence which many times scar their victims physically as well as emotionally.

I also find it strange how people think crimes against children is somehow worse than a completely innocent adult.(ie a store clerk being stabbed to death for 5 bucks or elderly person beat to death for purse) What exactly is the difference? There is none. It's just our culture.

Oh and considering the enormous amount of woman that lie about rape, countless innocent people would be executed....like the duke lacrosse team. Even children have even been know to lie.(classic example a child is molested, but feels scare of real molester so makes accusation against innocent person) Sex crimes rely heavily on he said she said in many cases and people are convicted just on that , where reasonable doubt clearly exists and the person never should have been convicted!

Old 01-21-2012, 10:04 AM

1,738 posts, read 2,078,118 times
I think when we use the DP it should be for murder and then I'm on the fence, because it is seldom that there is undeniable proof positive 100%
DNA, Videos, confessions are all really good, but still can be messed with manipulated etc.
Moving on to things such as rape or child molestation, my answer is a resounding NO!!!
Because in many cases, ALL it takes is an accusation.

Here's an interesting book

Amazon.com: A Motion For Innocence: ...And Justice for All? (9781456418113): Shaun Webb: Books

And the sad truth is, false accusations really do happen and all too frequently

Oh, and I'm the survivor of childhood sexual abuse. I am NOT and haven't been a victim in a long time. And the BS about "killing the person I could have been" is just that, BS. I am the product of many events of my life, decisions, choices, and what not. ANY thing could have come along and changed my path, outlook whatever.

I also have a loved one who was falsely accused and I can say that the false accusation was more traumatizing than the abuse I endured as a kid. Reason being : my faith in the justice system, the truth, and our security were all shattered...more so my family was threatened, and our lives changed. i can't imagine all that being compounded by a DP threat.

Last edited by faeryedark; 01-21-2012 at 10:12 AM..

Old 01-21-2012, 10:06 AM

1,707 posts, read 6,210,579 times
I am 100,000% FOR killing criminals. Kill em all as far as I care. Nobody is forced to commit crimes... and even if they are.. Kill em anyway!

KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL.

I want them dead.

Old 01-21-2012, 10:17 AM

1,738 posts, read 2,078,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
I'm sorry, but serious aggravated assault/attempted murder(ie attacking someone with a baseball bat/hammer and potentially doing permanent physical and psychological damage) is much worse than rape or child molestation.

I always find it strange how people get so worked up against sex crimes , but not against heinous acts of violence which many times scar their victims physically as well as emotionally.

I also find it strange how people think crimes against children is somehow worse than a completely innocent adult.(ie a store clerk being stabbed to death for 5 bucks or elderly person beat to death for purse) What exactly is the difference? There is none. It's just our culture.

Oh and considering the enormous amount of woman that lie about rape, countless innocent people would be executed....like the duke lacrosse team. Even children have even been know to lie.(classic example a child is molested, but feels scare of real molester so makes accusation against innocent person) Sex crimes rely heavily on he said she said in many cases and people are convicted just on that , where reasonable doubt clearly exists and the person never should have been convicted!
I totally agree.
An innocent life is an innocent life, whether that person is 2 or 32 should make no difference..but people consider children as some sort of sacred cow

Old 01-21-2012, 10:33 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
The purpose of life imprisonment is protecting society from these freaks.

People who foam at the mouth about punishment and gleefully scream with joy at the thought of execution are cut from the same cloth as the murderers out there. They are just not gifted with the balls to satisfy their blood lust so they mask it is and get their thrills by slavering over the fates of doomed criminals which also gives them food for their bottomless appetite for self-righteous murder.

At least that is the obvious subtext in every pro-execution screed I read on this forum and other pro-murder essays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime