Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 06:40 PM

402 posts, read 589,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Fixed.
Exactly. People are just mad the jury didn't give them the verdict they WANTED.

And this prosecutor is being hailed as a "hero" when in actuality his arrogance is what really cost him this case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2011, 08:20 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepimpact2 View Post
And this prosecutor is being hailed as a "hero" when in actuality his arrogance is what really cost him this case.
What an ass. Some substantial evidence would have helped.

Old 11-01-2011, 06:54 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Fixed.
You know bosco, I wouldn't bet my life but I would be willing to wager that there is a rule somewhere in the TOS that prohibits manipulating what someone said in a quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
What an ass. Some substantial evidence would have helped.
As if there wasn't ANY????

{ not to metion that magic forensic evidence you CSI fans are all looking for is pretty hard to find when the body sits and rots in a hot, muddy swamp for months......just my thoughts }

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 11-01-2011 at 07:14 PM..

Old 11-01-2011, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post

{ not to metion that magic forensic evidence you CSI fans are all looking for is pretty hard to find when the body sits and rots in a hot, muddy swamp for months......just my thoughts }
CSI fans? Give me a break. THE PROSECUTOR JUST DIDN'T PROVE HIS CASE.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:28 PM

Quote:
CSI fans? Give me a break. THE PROSECUTOR JUST DIDN'T PROVE HIS CASE.

In your opinion.......

I would agree with saying that he didn't prove it on 1st degree but second degree? Yeah, I would have had no problem convicting.

{ and second degree WAS on the table since there seem to be some who are confused about that by saying he "over-charged" }

Old 11-01-2011, 07:31 PM

I'mjust curious, what more evidence would those who think it wasn't proven liked to have seen?

Old 11-01-2011, 07:38 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
The ironic thing was that Casey really got a jury of her peers...Baez won the case in opening argument when he accussed George of oral sodomy...An allegation he never should have been allowed to make if Casey was not going to take the stand! The drowning cover-up I guess he proved with pictures of Caylee on the pool ladder with Cindy holding her from behind (LOL)!!The jury were a bunch of sheep and were in a rush to get back to Pinellas County(although for the life of me I don't know why)!

Old 11-01-2011, 07:53 PM

Quote:
In your opinion.......

I would agree with saying that he didn't prove it on 1st degree but second degree? Yeah, I would have had no problem convicting.

{ and second degree WAS on the table since there seem to be some who are confused about that by saying he "over-charged" }
He proved negligence. He didn't prove first or second degree murder.

And you can't base everything on what the media was feeding people.

Old 11-01-2011, 08:00 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
You know bosco, I wouldn't bet my life but I would be willing to wager that there is a rule somewhere in the TOS that prohibits manipulating what someone said in a quote.
There isn't.

Quote:
I'mjust curious, what more evidence would those who think it wasn't proven liked to have seen?
I can think of a couple.

- Motive. They had none. Even a remotely credible argument would have held significant sway with me.

- Forensics. Several of the prosecution's forensic experts proved to be useful to the defense under cross examination. That was huge IMO, and I would bet the jurors felt the same way.

- Cause of death. Lots of speculation and no hard facts. Going back to my previous point, the prosecution seemed to try hammering hard on the chloroform scenario, but their own experts testified under cross examination that that chemical compounds could have come from many different things.

Looking back, I don't blame the prosecution too much. Sure, they didn't do a real good job, but at the same time a lot of evidence there either because of the body's decomposition and/or the ridiculously shoddy work of the Orange County Sheriff's Department. They tried to make the best of what they had, and I think they simply felt like the emotional factor would secure a conviction for them.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:49 PM

Quote:
And you can't base everything on what the media was feeding people.
Unlike many who have opinions on this I actualy sat through and watched the trial and saw what was being presented. Too many people base their opinions on the snippets they saw on their late local news. { just want to be clear, I'm speaking in general terms, not referring to you personaly } Did you watch the trial?

Yes...... I sat through nearly every grueling and boring hour of testimony and presentation of evidence and if you ask me, that's where the prosecution lost the trial. FAR too many hours of complicated forensic evidence presented that the lay person would have a hard time understanding let alone keeping track of, FAR too many bench sessions, and FAR too often did they switch back and forth between witnesses. If there is one thing I can't blame the jurors for, it would be being frustrated at the presentation of the case.
Quote:
There isn't.
There should be......

Quote:
I can think of a couple.

- Motive. They had none. Even a remotely credible argument would have held significant sway with me.
Your kidding right? The motive was as clear as night and day. Cindy George were growing more and more frustrated with Casey's antics and wanted her to take responsibility and stopped babysitting Caylee as often. Of course this inpeded on her late nights at the local bar out drinking and having the life of a women without child. It limited her freedom to be with her lovers and freinds. It limited her ability to have her beautiful life. Why then, didn't she just give her child away? Maybe to Cindy the loving grandmother? Because CASEY didn't want her but be damned if Cindy would get her either!!! There was always tension between the two from the time Caylee was born and the nurse handed her over to Cindy instead of Casey.

This "motive" was summed up very nicely in the states closing arguments when they played the jailhouse recording of Casey on the phone with a family member who was trying to get info about Caylee but the ONLY thing Casey was concerned about was getting her boyfreinds phone # and when she didn't get it, she told them off. THAT was a defining moment. { and watching their reactions as they left the court room, even the defense knew it was a defining moment }

Quote:
- Forensics. Several of the prosecution's forensic experts proved to be useful to the defense under cross examination. That was huge IMO, and I would bet the jurors felt the same way.
I am of the exact opposit opinion. I thought Jeff Ashton really tore many of the defenses forensic witnesses apart on the stand.

Quote:
- Cause of death. Lots of speculation and no hard facts. Going back to my previous point,
Out of all your points, on this one we can agree. But again, as I said in an earlier post, forensics are hard to get after rotting for months in a damp hot swamp.
.[/quote]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime