Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 10:08 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times

Advertisements

Interesting article about Adam Walsh abduction connected to Jeffrey Dahmer.

On October 21, Ottis Tolle confessed to the 1981 murder of 6-year-old Adam Walsh.[3] A few weeks after Toole made the confession, however, police investigating the case announced that they no longer considered him a suspect. John Walsh, Adam's father, continued to maintain that he believed Toole to be guilty.[4] On December 16, 2008, Hollywood, Florida police announced Toole as the murderer, and the Adam Walsh case was closed. The police did not reveal any new physical evidence and pointed out that they still had no DNA evidence.[5][6]

Adam Walsh murder revisited: The case against Jeffrey Dahmer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2011, 10:21 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,126,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post

On October 21, Ottis Tolle confessed to the 1981 murder of 6-year-old Adam Walsh.[3] A few weeks after Toole made the confession, however, police investigating the case announced that they no longer considered him a suspect. John Walsh, Adam's father, continued to maintain that he believed Toole to be guilty.[4] On December 16, 2008, Hollywood, Florida police announced Toole as the murderer, and the Adam Walsh case was closed. The police did not reveal any new physical evidence and pointed out that they still had no DNA evidence.[5][6]

The evidence was circumstantial..at least at first as Dahmer lived in the area. The later confession closed the case, But killers (Esp ones like Toole) may take credit for a crime without explanation.

At any rate, it was a horrifying crime, that changed John Walsh's life forever. And despite such pain, He became a crusader for bringing killers and other criminals to justice. He stayed strong. I began watching AMW form when it first started, And have always admired him and his cause. On another note, I read recently he did not think he had the persona for TV, But a producer convinced him otherwise. He certainly has the look and personality for television I think.

Old 11-04-2011, 03:15 AM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post

That was extremely interesting to read.

I don't think Toole did it but never heard about it possibly being Dahmer.

As for John Walsh, he took that horrible event and turned something positive out of it by fighting back against criminals. I don't know the stats but I have read that his show has actually made quite a difference in getting criminals behind bars by making it known to the public what they did, who they are, what they look like, etc.

Who knows how many people John Walsh has saved by having this show.

Old 11-06-2011, 06:48 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,126,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
That was extremely interesting to read.

I don't think Toole did it but never heard about it possibly being Dahmer.

As for John Walsh, he took that horrible event and turned something positive out of it by fighting back against criminals. I don't know the stats but I have read that his show has actually made quite a difference in getting criminals behind bars by making it known to the public what they did, who they are, what they look like, etc.

Who knows how many people John Walsh has saved by having this show.
Likely very many. And his passion and energy on the show is amazing.

Always wonder about some of his "Dirty dozen" who are still at large. Like the Sacramento sword slayer Jesus Chuy Canales, Who used a sword to kill his live in girlfriend with the kids present. I never forgot that one..So awful. But in a big world, It's not hard to slip away. Again, It will probably be a traffic stop of something minor to get him and other long term fugitives caught.

Old 11-06-2011, 09:38 AM

26,717 posts, read 26,782,723 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/true-...-27-years.html

Old 11-06-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
So where did all those pages of disappearing evidence against O'Tolle go?

Old 11-06-2011, 12:15 PM

1,738 posts, read 2,077,141 times
Some would see it differently. John Walsh has profitted from his son's death and Adam's mother should NEVER have left that child out of her sight.
There have murmurs that Adam's death could have been Mafia related.
*shrug* Walsh is not the hero tries to be. He has admitted he had a sex addiction Larry King ...and questions as to inappropriate relations witha teenaged babysitter.
I can think of far better "heroes" myself.
Oh, and it's never been proven that Adam was raped or molested, yet we have the "Adam Walsh Act" costing our nation millions to kep track of not only actual molesters, but also those who have no bussiness on the registry.
But ya know, J.W. didn't make any money off that either, in terms of increasing the hysteria and keeping his show on the air for so long.

Old 11-06-2011, 06:57 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,647,422 times
John Walsh has never held himself up to be a hero or a saint...but to discount the good his show did and the fact that he earned money from it is unfair.JW was very successful before Adam was murdered...I'm sure given the choice to have Adam back he would gladly return to his "old" life!

Old 11-06-2011, 07:47 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
I don't blame any parent for having a child kidnapped. That is cruel. Name a parent sho has not "lost" a child for even an instant in a mall, or let a child go out in the yard for a minute alone. I "lost" my son when he was 2.5 years old, he walked out the front door, and crossed the street. I went crazy looking for him. I found him 15 minutes later, did not know whether to spank him or hug him.

As for John Walsh, I commend him for his zeal. I would not have been able to be a leader for that crusade, living that nightmare with other parents would be an emotional pain I would not be able to deal with, daily, for years.

Who took Adam? I don't know. Hollywood FL is a pretty transient place, between Fort Lauderdale and Miami, seems like it was a random crime of opportunity. There are a lot of perverts in the world.

Old 11-07-2011, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faeryedark View Post
Some would see it differently. John Walsh has profitted from his son's death and Adam's mother should NEVER have left that child out of her sight.
There have murmurs that Adam's death could have been Mafia related.
*shrug* Walsh is not the hero tries to be. He has admitted he had a sex addiction Larry King ...and questions as to inappropriate relations witha teenaged babysitter.
I can think of far better "heroes" myself.
Oh, and it's never been proven that Adam was raped or molested, yet we have the "Adam Walsh Act" costing our nation millions to kep track of not only actual molesters, but also those who have no bussiness on the registry.
But ya know, J.W. didn't make any money off that either, in terms of increasing the hysteria and keeping his show on the air for so long.
I didn't know the mafia killed and decapitated children at malls

Wonder where you found this fine peice of journalism?

And the "Adam Walsh Act" is money worthlessly spent to track child molesters?

John Walsh's track record speaks for itself.

Another chronic complainer that never sees the good.

And you're the authority, life free of any sin, not one little skeleton in your closet.

Last edited by virgode; 11-07-2011 at 04:07 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime