Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 10:58 AM

737 posts, read 1,148,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Well, what's important in this whole thing is the Penn State is still playing football.......<sarcasm> /puke.
So you want to penalize more kids? They worked hard for years to play college football and you want to take that away? If your boss commits a crime, should you be fired for being part of that company? Fire all the coaches, leave the players alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2011, 11:21 PM

5,574 posts, read 6,498,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
Don't you think it would be suspicious if your spouse spent a lot of time with children? Alone? We never was with little girls just little boys...I just would think this would raise a red flag-if my spouse was always with children ( always with one) going places, sharing hotel rooms..I don't know I would think it a little odd-

Haven't you seen Sandusky's house? It's not big by any means..a modest house...it still makes me sick
No, not really. This case is so unpleasant I am not sitting down to watch news about it. I just hear the speakers of the news and read this thread.

Old 12-10-2011, 05:56 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,618,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
No, not really. This case is so unpleasant I am not sitting down to watch news about it. I just hear the speakers of the news and read this thread.

Yes I can understand...I just hope the victims have received help and try to understand what happened to them doesn't define them-and they are doing the right thing...

Old 12-10-2011, 06:42 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
I found it interesting that Sandusky was in jail, he did not have time to make bail? Or did he have to put up his home for bond, and wifey would not sign the paperwork? Is he still in jail?

Old 12-10-2011, 11:02 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,091,022 times
I understood that he made bail shortly after his arrest?

Old 12-10-2011, 11:30 AM

He did not have a bond, he went to jail. Either he is the world's biggest idiot, or completely in denial about the fact that this is real, he is not a nice guy, and he is going down. I wonder if he enjoyed the cavity search? Sick pervert.

Old 12-10-2011, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
He did not have a bond, he went to jail. Either he is the world's biggest idiot, or completely in denial about the fact that this is real, he is not a nice guy, and he is going down. I wonder if he enjoyed the cavity search? Sick pervert.
He is split off from the other side of himself. most serial criminals are fast to say they would never harm another person. Many but not all are only minimally conscious of the "other".

Old 12-10-2011, 08:41 PM

I don't buy that. They just lie. They know what they did, and loved the sexual thrill, and the thrill of getting away with it. If those who say they had "shame', I call that BS, they only state that after being caught. I have yet to see a child molestor voluntarily turn themselves in because of shame.

These people are hard core sociopaths. They have no empathy, or feelings. They have to observe others to know what feelings they should display, because they don't have that capacity in their brain. They fake everything. It is all about them.

Old 12-11-2011, 12:46 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,962,389 times
Sandusky did make bail ... he put up $200,000 in real estate holdings and his wife gave them a certified check in the amount of $50,000. He is confined to his home and has the ankle monitor. Court date is set for December 13.

He has a new judge too ... not affiliated with his Second Mile charity like the first judge.

Old 12-11-2011, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I don't buy that. They just lie. They know what they did, and loved the sexual thrill, and the thrill of getting away with it. If those who say they had "shame', I call that BS, they only state that after being caught. I have yet to see a child molestor voluntarily turn themselves in because of shame.

These people are hard core sociopaths. They have no empathy, or feelings. They have to observe others to know what feelings they should display, because they don't have that capacity in their brain. They fake everything. It is all about them.
I really want to agree with you. Some of these monsters do know. Others don't. Once I worked with a doctor who interviewed several of the mass murderers and she told me that the hallmark was the disconnect between the one half of themselves and the other. Some fake it well I guess. Others can't. That is one reason why these crimes are so horrific. In interviews she would point out that harming another person was wrong (she would show them a video of one person hurting another) and the convicted murderer would agree that the act was wrong. But upon being confronted that they had done far worse, it was almost like a switch going off and they would not admit to it. Now it may be that is a practiced act. She did not think so and she was sitting across the table from them. I like to think that we could confront Sandusky so that he would finally break down and admit his crimes. In the courtroom as his accusers testify it was not stated how he reacted (at least I did not read that). In either case, I agree with you this man is going to jail for a very long time. I sincerely wish that I had been there and seen him doing this. There would not have been much left of him. Just enough to arrest. I am disgusted by the colleges response. We all have a responsibility to protect children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime