Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 03:18 PM

419 posts, read 758,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
I don't get it...if you hear someone crying "I'm drowning, help me" then why wouldn't you move your boat over to where the sound is coming from (most likely not too far away). By the time helicopters or any response team would have gotten there, it would have been too late, so why didn't they try to reach her themselves...couldn't they have shouted out...we hear you, help is on the way, or something! How could they have gone back to sleep.

Another thing I don't understand, if a person can't swim (which she couldn't) then I don't see how she could have been in the water, probaby treading water, for that long, especially under the influence of alcohol and with clothes on. She would have sunk pretty fast I would think. Was she hanging on to the side of the dingy?
I was a huge fan of Natalie Wood. I remember exactly where I was when I heard news of her death on the radio. Almost too unbearable to believe.

Shortly after her death, the investigators reported that she may have clinged to the side of the dingy for quite some time. They speculated that the down jacket kept pulling her down preventing her from any chance of climbing into the dingy. Hypothermia & fatigue may have caused her to lose grasp & ultimately drowning. I always hoped that was not the case. I would hate to think that she went through that terror.

The woman who reported hearing a woman's cries for help also told the same story during the original investigation 30 yrs. ago. That story is not new. Even back then, I thought why didn't the woman do more to try & aid the woman crying for help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2011, 03:38 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
I don't get it...if you hear someone crying "I'm drowning, help me" then why wouldn't you move your boat over to where the sound is coming from (most likely not too far away). By the time helicopters or any response team would have gotten there, it would have been too late, so why didn't they try to reach her themselves...couldn't they have shouted out...we hear you, help is on the way, or something! How could they have gone back to sleep.

Another thing I don't understand, if a person can't swim (which she couldn't) then I don't see how she could have been in the water, probaby treading water, for that long, especially under the influence of alcohol and with clothes on. She would have sunk pretty fast I would think. Was she hanging on to the side of the dingy?
Good points.

I don't know a lot about boats. But wouldn't the boat that woman was on also have had a dingy?

If it did, why didn't the man with her go out in that digny to try to find and help the woman who was screaming for help?

I would be ashamed to admit I heard something like that and then gone back to sleep.

Old 11-21-2011, 04:52 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post

I would be ashamed to admit I heard something like that and then gone back to sleep.
When it comes to money, some people don't care how bad the implications make them look.

Old 11-21-2011, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Good points.

I don't know a lot about boats. But wouldn't the boat that woman was on also have had a dingy?

If it did, why didn't the man with her go out in that digny to try to find and help the woman who was screaming for help?

OK.....I just saw on Entertainment Tonight that their boat did not have a dingy that night......so they couldn't have gone out to look for Natalie.

Old 11-21-2011, 09:29 PM

1,723 posts, read 4,097,668 times
The argument and Wagner smashing a wine bottle onto the coffee table is in RWs book but RW forgot to mention that to the cops when Natalie drowned.

and Chris Walken hired a lawyer.. Somethings fishy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
The Captain alleges they were having a very bad argument, And that Wagner was acting erratically when he mentioned Natalie's disappearance. It was also stated there was a lot of drinking going on. Did she simply fall, or jump? Or did the argument get physical and she fell due to that? After such a long time, memories are not fresh..Wonder how this is going to be pursued..

Old 11-22-2011, 11:11 AM

For anyone interested, Robert Wagoner is going to be on "NCIS" tonight, Tues., 11/22 on CBS, 8:00pm EST.

It has always amazed me how much he looks like he could really be Tony's father.

Old 11-22-2011, 11:33 PM

I saw RW on NCIS tonight.. am I crazy or is he a lousy actor? Michael Weatherly (Anthony DiNozzo) played Robert Wagner in a tv movie about Natalies death years ago.. I thought that was interesting.

Robert Wagner Cuffed on 'NCIS' as LA Cops Say He's Not a Suspect in Wife's Death

I was wondering why detectives are investigating this case. The statue of limitations has run out on manslaughter, and murder second degree both of which can be accidental deaths.

The only charge they can get someone on is murder in the first because there's no statue of limitations on murder 1...

murder one is defined as "calculated and committed willfully with the intention to kill or do serious harm"

Are detectives investigating this but not planning to charge someone? or could they be thinking that RW or CW is guilty of murder?

Old 11-23-2011, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriedeee View Post
The only charge they can get someone on is murder in the first because there's no statue of limitations on murder 1...

murder one is defined as "calculated and committed willfully with the intention to kill or do serious harm"

Are detectives investigating this but not planning to charge someone? or could they be thinking that RW or CW is guilty of murder?
Of couse they ran the episode...ratings, ratings, ratings.

Thats why they reopened the case to determine murder one and a possible arrest

I strongly doubt premediated murder by CW or RW, but what do I know. Investigators are entertaining the idea, although they're not saying whose suspect.

I do know this, typically women in love triangles where emotions, jealousy and alcohol involved are at high risk.

Now reports say there was no dingy...The stories will continue to change.

I still believe she simply had to much alcohol and acted impulsively, the intoxication level was so high, none of them were thinking clear enough to remember details of that nite.

Old 11-23-2011, 10:58 AM

Its a fact that Natalie had an affair with Warren Beatty when they were making Splendor in the Grass.. RW admits to it in his book too.. He also admits to sitting outside of Beattys house with a gun intending to kill him for his affair with Natalie..

so my question is why would RW name his and Natalies yacht 'Splendor"? Why would he want a constant reminder of his wifes infidelity?

I just don't get it.

Old 12-02-2011, 07:06 PM

. Splendour captain passes polygraph test. Dennis Davern, who said he believes Wagner had something to do with the actress' death and claimed to have heard Wood and her husband arguing on the boat after Walken went to bed (a story that conflicts with Wagner's account), takes a lie detector test and passes. Examiner Howard Temple performs the exam and says that the results of the polygraph "indicated he was telling the truth," reported ABC News. “Davern made the statement that he stayed at the Wagner home … [was] told not to talk …Wagner paid for his therapy, and Davern could not leave the estate without bodyguards,” Temple said.

Natalie Wood Investigation: What the People Involved Are Saying - The Hollywood Reporter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime