Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 11:15 AM

774 posts, read 744,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriedeee View Post
I would love to learn the truth of what went on, but Walken won't even discuss it and I don't think we'll ever hear the whole story from Wagner. Even to this day he gives off a shifty vibe. I don't like him.

I think there was a drunken physical argument on the ship, Natalie fell, or was pushed and ended up in the water and I think RW left her there thinking to teach her a lesson. I think RW was having an affair with his co-star at the time too so that may have added to the argument because it wasn't long after that that he married her. What was her name? Stephanie Powers?
Actually, he married Jill St. John in the 90s. They had been together many years though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2015, 11:56 AM

26,721 posts, read 26,793,862 times
Quote:
I think RW was having an affair with his co-star at the time too so that may have added to the argument because it wasn't long after that that he married her. What was her name? Stephanie Powers?
He married Jill St John a year after Wood drowned. (Stephanie Powers was his co-star in "Hart to Hart.")

Old 04-03-2015, 06:47 PM

1,723 posts, read 4,096,622 times
Thanks both of you. I knew he married someone.. I just couldn't remember who.

Old 04-04-2015, 06:56 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,646,868 times
I've never understood why they made so much noise about this in January this year about re-opening the case and then everything went quiet.

Unless this is just a rumor or media stunt (about re-opening the case), I can only assume Wagner, Walken and Dennis Davern (the boat captain at the time who brought this back up and has since passed a polygraph test) are being monitored by officials until and if they secure enough evidence to take this to trial.

Old 04-05-2015, 10:17 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,630,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I think without knowing anyone involved personally and not being there when the incident happened it is not a good idea to speculate details about anyone or anything that happened.
It is irresponsible at best, especially for Law Enforcement Authorities or anyone involved with any media outlets.

Your comments make no sense. To use your "logic" than unless someone was there you can't solve a crime, well the dead don't talk. And in most cases neither does the killer.

Clues, reviewing details, and speculation are what solve cases.

This one never added up. A woman who was known to be afraid of water since a child doesn't get into a dingy in the ocean at night, regardless of whether or not she was drinking.

It is irresponsible to not get justice for those who have been murdered, not saying for sure that is what happened here, but to not question anything is absurd.

Old 04-05-2015, 10:46 AM

890 posts, read 882,627 times
Refusing to search for Natalie Wood if Wagner knew she was in the water, would be murder 1. No longer second or third degree. Davern says Wagner refused to search for N. Wood. The question is, can the police gather enough evidence to win a conviction?

Old 04-05-2015, 12:23 PM

1,723 posts, read 4,096,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graywhiskers View Post
Refusing to search for Natalie Wood if Wagner knew she was in the water, would be murder 1. No longer second or third degree. Davern says Wagner refused to search for N. Wood. The question is, can the police gather enough evidence to win a conviction?
Murder 1 is premeditated. That would mean someone brought her out on the boat with the plan of throwing her in the water and letting her drown.

I don't know what happened of course, but I don't think her drowning was preplanned.

Old 04-05-2015, 02:28 PM

890 posts, read 882,627 times
Quote:
Murder 1 is premeditated. That would mean someone brought her out on the boat with the plan of throwing her in the water and letting her drown.

I don't know what happened of course, but I don't think her drowning was preplanned.
If he had a rage (she was beat up) and punched her out and she died on board, it was not preplanned. If he punched her overboard, and then prevented the captain from searching for her, he wanted her to die, and I would argue then it was premeditated, and no longer an emotional action. However, I am not a lawyer.

Old 04-05-2015, 06:13 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,646,868 times
Whatever the case, if this happened today, they'd drag everyone involved out in the media, tar and feather them, and DEFINITELY launch an investigation.

I always had a hunch Wagner got away with murder, but he's 85 now. They'd better work quickly if they're to put him to justice, and even if they do, he'll get a cache of slick attorneys. He's always come off as a very angry person just in general to me.

I also think he was not happy with her at the time and did not want to remain married; he may have been passive-aggressively trying to get her to have the affair with Walken or otherwise confess. I don't know why I think that; I just do.

Old 04-05-2015, 06:30 PM

22,832 posts, read 6,434,961 times
Quote:
I would love to learn the truth of what went on, but Walken won't even discuss it and I don't think we'll ever hear the whole story from Wagner. Even to this day he gives off a shifty vibe. I don't like him.

I think there was a drunken physical argument on the ship, Natalie fell, or was pushed and ended up in the water and I think RW left her there thinking to teach her a lesson. I think RW was having an affair with his co-star at the time too so that may have added to the argument because it wasn't long after that that he married her. What was her name? Stephanie Powers?
Not Stefanie Powers....he married Jill St John....but you're right, there's so much unknown and
will probably never come to light...wonder how the daughters feel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime