Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 02:29 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,467,427 times

Advertisements

Jails are overcrowded in Los Angeles County - he'll do a Lohan - in and out - he'll probably serve 8 months but not more than 12.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2011, 04:44 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,350,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
They better put him on suicide watch.
Supposedly they put him on suicide watch! I heard it'll be 2 years with good behavior.... Kill someone and serve 2. Nice!

Old 11-29-2011, 07:52 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,623,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Supposedly they put him on suicide watch! I heard it'll be 2 years with good behavior.... Kill someone and serve 2. Nice!
He killed a pedophile. He should get probation. He was unquestionably guilty but did society a big favor by killing who he did.

Old 11-30-2011, 07:27 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,631,104 times
News, Rev. Al Sharpton On Conrad Murray’s Sentencing.

The sentencing of Dr. Conrad Murray to four years in prison by no means ends the injustice suffered by Michael Jackson nor does it in any way mitigate the fact that his children have lost a father and the Jacksons have lost a son for the rest of their life. While I approve that the Judge gave the highest sentence permitted by law and that he used harsh language in condemning Dr. Murray’s recklessness, the sentence is light compared to the damage Dr. Murray and those that may have participated (and went unpunished) have received in relation to the damages they have done.

Rev. Al Shapton On Conrad Murray (http://newsone.com/nation/nomul6/rev-al-shapton-on-conrad-murray%E2%80%99s-sentencing/ - broken link)

Old 12-01-2011, 01:04 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,038,726 times
Murray will only serve about 2 yrs in the horrid L.A. county jail & not state prison. He will be in protective custody (in his own cell away from the general population) & hes on suicide watch. He has 7 children & 3 different mothers & hasnt paid child support for awhile. The jackson family (all of them) are wackos but michael didnt deserve to die from someone who was a well paid professional caregiver (doctor).

Old 12-01-2011, 01:17 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,623,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
Murray will only serve about 2 yrs in the horrid L.A. county jail & not state prison. He will be in protective custody (in his own cell away from the general population) & hes on suicide watch. He has 7 children & 3 different mothers & hasnt paid child support for awhile. The jackson family (all of them) are wackos but michael didnt deserve to die from someone who was a well paid professional caregiver (doctor).
He'll get less than a month in County which is worse than most state prisons.

Conrad Murray released by Christmas? - Winnipeg Free Press (http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/arts-and-life/entertainment/celebrities/134787683.html - broken link)

Old 12-01-2011, 06:10 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,984,260 times
Can a doctor with a criminal conviction still practice in the U.S? I think I read that if a doctor's license is yanked in one state they can still practice in another if they pass that state's medical exam. Is that true? I think that there is one test for foriegn doctors to pass to enable them to practice in the U.S. Does that automatically give the doctor the right to practice in any state?

I seem to remember a couple of doctors who were prevented from practicing in their own states who moved to Florida. Are the tests/laws more lenient there? I think in two states a legal proceeding cannot claim certain personal property, like a house, if a person loses a civil suit.

Any comments/corrections are appreciated.

Old 07-17-2012, 06:46 AM

26,759 posts, read 26,863,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Can a doctor with a criminal conviction still practice in the U.S? I think I read that if a doctor's license is yanked in one state they can still practice in another if they pass that state's medical exam. Is that true?
Apparently medical licenses that are suspended can be renewed; those that have been revoked obviously cannot. Murray had medical licenses in Nevada, Hawaii and Texas, as well as California, some of which have expired. It's unbelievable that none of his licenses has been revoked (yet).
Conrad Murray faces new allegations in license inquiry - latimes.com

Old 07-22-2012, 04:20 AM

1,289 posts, read 3,037,374 times
wow, just wow. I sure hope no one else gets injured by him. the states are too lenient on negligent doctors.

Old 07-22-2012, 07:17 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,984,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck_steak View Post
wow, just wow. I sure hope no one else gets injured by him. the states are too lenient on negligent doctors.
I think the licensing of doctors is up to the state. A doctor has to pass a test given to him in each state. Some states seem to collect more doctors who have questionable practices and backgrounds than others. If you notice, there seem to be a lot of medical scandals in Florida.

Florida and Texas are the states which will not grab your house to pay for your crimes if you are caught, so a lot of people of dubious practices that have money sink a small fortune into their houses there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime