Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Sandusky, Full Trial?
Full Trial 23 69.70%
Plea Deal 10 30.30%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 03:06 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,821,243 times

Advertisements

Although I understand logic re: above responses re: his attorney doing his best to make sure his client is NOT pulverized in court, and therefore asking for a plea deal, I think both the public outrage would be so enormous AND the prosecutor would have so much pressure on him too NOT to have a plea deal AND many of the victims' families will be outraged that their kids cannot have their day in Court.. full trial.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2011, 04:33 PM

18,837 posts, read 37,281,021 times
If Sandusky has smart attorney's, not ones that want to bleed him for money, they will tell him to settle, and take a plea. This guy looks pretty nailed if you ask me. He would be not too smart to have this dirty laundry spread all out for everyone to see every detail, in minute detail...

Old 12-19-2011, 09:38 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,041,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmaple View Post
Although I understand logic re: above responses re: his attorney doing his best to make sure his client is NOT pulverized in court, and therefore asking for a plea deal, I think both the public outrage would be so enormous AND the prosecutor would have so much pressure on him too NOT to have a plea deal AND many of the victims' families will be outraged that their kids cannot have their day in Court.. full trial.
Yes however his attorneys "job" is to make sure that his dignity is preserved. He has so far gone out of his way to do so and I see that continuing. He will not take a chance that his client will meltdown in court. He would be looked upon badly for letting that happen in the legal circles. At least that is how the game which I have seen is played.

Old 12-19-2011, 10:36 PM

890 posts, read 1,846,041 times
Isn't it also the attorney's job to do as his client wishes. So if Sandusky says "we're going to trial" don't they have to? Or Sandusky can fire them.

Just asking.

I just think Sandusky is sick enough to drag this into the courtroom. However, the pre-trial hearing fiasco does give me a small glimmer of hope that there will be a deal made. But I'm not betting on it.

Old 12-19-2011, 10:48 PM

18,837 posts, read 37,281,021 times
I see this going to trial, based primarily on the hubris of the prosecution. No doubt seeing himself in the limelight for months as the great defender of inncent children, putting away perverts like Sandusky. It will no doubt be a long trial.

Old 12-19-2011, 11:13 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,497,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Yes however his attorneys "job" is to make sure that his dignity is preserved.

He has so far gone out of his way to do so and I see that continuing.

He will not take a chance that his client will meltdown in court.
Sardusky went to work everyday with his head held high as though he'd done nothing wrong.

He's got nerves of steel and the arrogance as well. Those type of people don't crack or have meltdowns.

Last edited by virgode; 12-19-2011 at 11:22 PM..

Old 12-20-2011, 12:26 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,942,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faeryedark View Post
"like people who profess their innocence generally do"
Sometimes people ARE innocent, would we want THEM taking a plea deal to something they didn't do?
Actually happens more often than we could know. However, it's kinda darned if you do, darned if you don't.

It's his right. We may not like him, and we all may think he's guilty as sin, but he has the same right we all should have.
Yes it's his right ... the great American way ... Justice for all.

Are you from Pinellas County?

Old 12-29-2011, 07:15 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,337,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Sardusky went to work everyday with his head held high as though he'd done nothing wrong.

He's got nerves of steel and the arrogance as well. Those type of people don't crack or have meltdowns.

I agree. He needs to take his buddy Paterno with him. Another screw up!

Old 02-06-2012, 10:09 PM

16,214 posts, read 11,290,935 times
It's a personal quandry for me because, due to a physical issue, I was only peripherally exposed to "jock culture" as a sports manager in high school. I did see enough to recognize that the undertones of "locker room cameraderie" were always present. And ironically, it was in college, at Penn State, that I came to terms, not with my limitations, but with my potential at a purely physical level; (I was still pretty much of a "wuss" even in Senior High).

For those reasons, and because I do believe that both the increase in single-paernt, usually-female-headed households, and the weakening of the taditional two-parent partnership, with hurt on both sides, is short-changing many of our young men, I feel especially betrayed by what is alleged to have happened under the banner of the Second Mile. But unlike some of the most fervent of the lynch mob, I believe it needs recogniton that:

(1) there is a well-organized cadre over there in far-Left field that has little respect for college athletics in any form.

(2) that Penn State, by reason of both its long-standing policy of promoting from within its program and the financial success thereof, makes a very inviting target for the "culture of blame and lawsuit" which shares a lot of goals in line with the group cited in point (1)

Until more of the light of official investigation is shone on those issues, I will continue to reserve final judgement.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 02-06-2012 at 10:45 PM..

Old 02-12-2012, 04:24 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,041,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post

Oh? A good prosecutor could get in this man's "area" and blow him up like a grenade imo.He had his head up high when he was NOT called to account. Now he is.

He is already indignant that he is being charged and prosecuted. He's pissed that he has to defend himself. He's a mad dog waiting to bark.

I say blow him up like a toy balloon on the stand and let him pop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime