Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 10:57 AM

1,069 posts, read 1,620,806 times

Advertisements

He should have been given more...........someone got paid!.......He is menace to society, and he will come out, with good behavior in less time, to kill a few more women.......Psycopaths/Sociopaths cannot be rehabilitated...........

Peru court sentences Van der Sloot to 28 years - Yahoo! News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2012, 11:09 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,827,137 times
Well, hopefully their prison system will be tough -
You are probably right too, he will also get credit for time served as well.

Hopefully it is not true that he has been awarded special privileges like a TV in his cell - jeez!

Old 01-13-2012, 11:51 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
Well, I don't know much about prisons there, apparently, if you have more cash, you get more perks. As long as he has support, he will be granted privledges.

Old 01-13-2012, 12:36 PM

8,827 posts, read 7,324,790 times
I think money does talk loudly over there in the prisons and you can easily buy TV and other privileges....so buying protection inside will probably also be on his list; it may be an OK life for someone with money...and then if he gets out early, watch out! wish I could say justice was served but it doesn't feel that way

Old 01-13-2012, 03:37 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,962,389 times
He can be out in ten years on the prison work system that Peru utilizes. Work two days and get 1 day off sentence. In addition Flore's father plans a press conference Monday to address problems the family is upset with in the prison system.

Van der Snot is in a private cell ... he has his own cell phone ... he has a flat screen TV ... the father said this is prison our daughter is dead and he is laid up with all the conveniences of home. With money from whoever (the nutty doctor lady (?) he is able to pay the guards for his electronics plus marijuana. They have a video of him purchasing marijuana.

The FBI is after him and want to extradite him to the USA for the extortion charges. They are trying to get Peru to let the USA have him before he starts his sentence, press charges and go to trial here. I think Peru better keep him you never can tell what will happen with the American Justice System.

After he serves his time he has to leave Peru the FBI needs to be waiting on him and bring him in then. That little 'sincere confession' didn't do him much good. But I think he should have received life.

Today the condition of the Flores body was discussed ... even the bottom of her feet was covered in bruises. He is totally useless.

Old 01-13-2012, 03:58 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
The only problem with waiting to put him on trial in the US, until after he serves his sentence in Peru, is that a lot of the witnesses against him in the extortion case could be dead by then.

Lack of witnesses could severely cripple the case against him here.....and I don't want to see that happen.

Just in case he gets out in 10 or 15 years, I want a nice long sentence waiting for him in the US.

Old 01-13-2012, 04:19 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,827,137 times
Crazy question, if the plan is for the FBI to get him after he serves his prison term, would the SOL prevent any charges/arrests? That would be outrageous for sure if that were the case, does anyone know?

Old 01-13-2012, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmaple View Post
Crazy question, if the plan is for the FBI to get him after he serves his prison term, would the SOL prevent any charges/arrests? That would be outrageous for sure if that were the case, does anyone know?
Watching "In Session" today when they were televising the court hearing, I understood the FBI wants him before he starts serving the 28 years. Apparently they have asked Peru to release him so they can take care of the extortion charges.

I doubt Peru will do that but who knows. You know Van der Snot's BFF Davey said the FBI set him up. And then they killed Flores.

Van der Snot will get money from the nutty doctor and pay other prisoners to do his 2 days work ... some how he will swing a deal. Before long we will hear he has installed a satellite dish and watching DirecTV and I bet he is sending text message on that cell phone.

Old 01-13-2012, 05:00 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmaple View Post
I don't know, so I googled it, and I still don't know. LOL

It said something about with Federal charges, the limit is 5 years......BUT.....there can be special circumstances that void that. The more I read, the more complicated it got and the more confused I got, so I gave up.

IMO, if they can put him on trial for it now, it will be better than waiting 10, 15, or 20 years.....no matter which way you look at it.

All of the witnesses are alive, everything is fresh in everyone's minds, all of the evidence is secure {not lost or accidently destroyed,etc}, and Joran's lawyers won't be able to find some wrinkle in the SOL law to get him off in the future.

Old 01-13-2012, 05:34 PM

The evening news just announced the FBI is not going to get him first. Peru is proceeding with their sentencing. When his time is up he has to leave their country.

Once he starts his sentence I guess it can't be stopped to travel to the US ... personally I don't think Peru cares about the US charges when they are having to deal with the murder of a young girl.

Natalee Holloway's dad and Flores dad have been in contact with each other throughout this entire disaster. Perhaps the Flores news conference Monday will address the situation. "In Session" said they would try to carry it.

Van der Snot was also ordered to pay $74,000 to the Flores family ... where in the world will he get that kind of money!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime