Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 07:36 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,962,389 times

Advertisements

In the continuing saga Vandersnot has hired a new lawyer to get him out of Piedras Gordas and back to his life of wide screen TV, cell phone and conjugal visits at Castro Castro. The lawyer says it will cost approx $20,000.00 to get him back to Castro Castro. But unfortunately his money tree and guardian angel Mary Hamer is now broke ... she says she is too poor now to help financially. Vandersnot is still begging her for money.

Hamer told Anderson Cooper she has shifted her focus to helping Amir Hekmati, the Iranian-American who was handed a death sentence by the Iranian revolutionary court last month after he was coerced into confessing to charges of espionage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2012, 10:03 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
In the continuing saga Vandersnot has hired a new lawyer to get him out of Piedras Gordas and back to his life of wide screen TV, cell phone and conjugal visits at Castro Castro. The lawyer says it will cost approx $20,000.00 to get him back to Castro Castro. But unfortunately his money tree and guardian angel Mary Hamer is now broke ... she says she is too poor now to help financially. Vandersnot is still begging her for money.

Hamer told Anderson Cooper she has shifted her focus to helping Amir Hekmati, the Iranian-American who was handed a death sentence by the Iranian revolutionary court last month after he was coerced into confessing to charges of espionage.
On my...so her focus of interest has changed. lol...

Heres some comments after the Anderson Cooper show aired with Mary Hamer.

http://www.andersoncooper.com/2012/0...-conversation/

Last edited by virgode; 02-22-2012 at 11:12 PM..

Old 02-23-2012, 03:58 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,911,890 times
He should get the same treatment as his victims. Kind of karma for how daddy got him out of the first one. Now victim has rich daddy.

Old 02-23-2012, 04:08 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
I expect he'll meet the same fate as Jeffrey Dahmer.

Last edited by Bideshi; 02-23-2012 at 04:48 AM..

Old 02-23-2012, 08:46 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. I wish Joran to "enjoy" his time in South America to the fullest extent possible. Nothing like a paid vacation...and I bet he even has some pals in prison who would like to get closer. It is great that he has the opportunity to have relationships, and bond with other men in prison. I hope he has the opportunity to enjoy all of the accomodations, and meet others. Karma...in spades.

Old 02-23-2012, 03:46 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
is he dead yet?

Old 02-23-2012, 05:14 PM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. I wish Joran to "enjoy" his time in South America to the fullest extent possible. Nothing like a paid vacation...and I bet he even has some pals in prison who would like to get closer. It is great that he has the opportunity to have relationships, and bond with other men in prison. I hope he has the opportunity to enjoy all of the accomodations, and meet others. Karma...in spades.
Absolutely!

Old 02-25-2012, 12:13 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,964,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
On my...so her focus of interest has changed. lol...

Heres some comments after the Anderson Cooper show aired with Mary Hamer.

Mary Hamer: Continuing the Conversation... | AndersonCooper.com
I believe there are innocent people in our prisons. Doesn't she do any research to find the most deserving of her aid? I agree with the marijuana prisoner. I think either we should ban alcohol or legalize pot. I don't take drugs, by the way.

It is interesting that all his support has left him. He was so used to it, too. Did he know who he was fooling with with that Peruvian girl, I wonder?

I watched the Cooper blurb. He confessed to the Peruvian murder, huh?

Old 03-02-2012, 06:32 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,626,290 times
I watched a program the other night on NatGeo regarding the two worst prisons in this hemisphere and one was in MExico and the other one was Peru. The one in Peru was a true hell hole. I hope he is in that one. It was terrible. I actually thought the one in Mexico seemed worse though.....<s>

Quote:
08:00 PM to 09:00 PM- Worlds Toughest Prisons
NGC goes behind bars to see how inmates at two of the World's Toughest Prisons, Santa Martha in Mexico and Lurigancho in Peru, survive amid chaos, corruption and power struggles. In Santa Martha, meet two former L.A. gang members who've formed an unlikely alliance to protect themselves. Then, at Lurigancho, authorities have handed over power to a council of inmate leaders. Meet two of these leaders, including a former head of a gang, and see how they maintain the fragile peace.......
http://www.nationalgeographic.com/

Last edited by AnnieA; 03-02-2012 at 06:43 PM..

Old 03-03-2012, 01:43 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,962,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
I watched a program the other night on NatGeo regarding the two worst prisons in this hemisphere and one was in MExico and the other one was Peru. The one in Peru was a true hell hole. I hope he is in that one. It was terrible. I actually thought the one in Mexico seemed worse though.....<s>

National Geographic - Inspiring People to Care About the Planet Since 1888
Joran was transferred from Castro Castro Prison to Piedras Gordas Prison. This is where his health has started to deteriorate ... bless his little evil heart.

I have always heard the Mexico prison were bad too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime