Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 05:22 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times

Advertisements

Not pre-meditated(1st)...???He kicked in her door and beat her to a pulp...sent her an e-mail which he stated a week before "I should have killed you"!!! The court room seems to be a place where regular citizens become swayed by handsome/pretty defendants that up is down and down is up!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2012, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Thank goodness this jury is helping restore my faith in the system. They did throw out the death penalty and looked at lesser charges which is what any normal jury should do ... not like the Casey & OJ juries. This jury was not sequestered.

His defense team did the same thing for him as Baez did for Casey ... sitting in a chair that was lowered, his clothes hung off of him so he appeared like a young boy sitting there in front of the jury. The jury was off Saturday, Sunday and Monday (President's Day.) Three days and of course advised not to discuss the case.

It goes into the sentencing phase now but the judge makes the final decision no matter what the jury decides. A sad case both of them so young and talented and their whole life was ahead of them. He could walk with time served depending on the what the judge decides or walk in five years and she is gone forever.
The fact that he could walk in five years restores your faith in the jury system??? Something is really wrong with our system that this animal will walk free at all let alone in as little as 5 years!

Old 02-22-2012, 07:10 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,967,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
The fact that he could walk in five years restores your faith in the jury system??? Something is really wrong with our system that this animal will walk free at all let alone in as little as 5 years!
They didn't find him NOT GUILTY on all counts!!! He is a felon for the rest of his life. Yes, he should be put away for life with no parole but at least this jury didn't let him walk out the door today.

It all depends upon the judge now ... he could walk out with time served. No matter what the jury decides in the sentencing phase it's up to the judge in Virginia. At least they found him guilty of something. Yes it sucks meager as it is the jury did bring back a guilty verdict.

I am pro death penalty ... kill 'em all ... but we have bleeding heart jurors that don't think like me.

Old 02-22-2012, 07:15 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,498,624 times
Sad thing is that he's a Nathan look-a-like (from One Tree Hill). My bet is that he gets tons of marriage proposals whil in jail. For some odd reason...lots of women find the good-looking bad boys irresistible. That Kennedy cousin, The Preppy Killer, Scott Peterson...all received tons of love letters while in jail for heinous crimes!

Old 02-22-2012, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
They didn't find him NOT GUILTY on all counts!!! He is a felon for the rest of his life. Yes, he should be put away for life with no parole but at least this jury didn't let him walk out the door today.

It all depends upon the judge now ... he could walk out with time served. No matter what the jury decides in the sentencing phase it's up to the judge in Virginia. At least they found him guilty of something. Yes it sucks meager as it is the jury did bring back a guilty verdict.

I am pro death penalty ... kill 'em all ... but we have bleeding heart jurors that don't think like me.
I guess I can't be happy with a brutal murderer walking out the door in 5 years!!All the lower counts were no brainers...how could he not be found guilty on taking her computer and also the charge of commiting the crime at night???If they found him guilty on each lower count he could have done more time!!I think the judge will give him the max...at least I hope the whole system isn't screwed up!

Old 02-22-2012, 08:08 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,925,220 times
I'm glad the jury found the rich prep school white boy with anger issues guilty. I didnt think he'd get first degree, but they got him on second. The larceny charges showed he tried to cover it up. He should get at least 20 years....time served.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Sad thing is that he's a Nathan look-a-like (from One Tree Hill). My bet is that he gets tons of marriage proposals whil in jail. For some odd reason...lots of women find the good-looking bad boys irresistible. That Kennedy cousin, The Preppy Killer, Scott Peterson...all received tons of love letters while in jail for heinous crimes!
Oh yeah he has rock star potential for the lonely hearts crew!

Old 02-22-2012, 10:34 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,859,243 times
Just in on cnn.com

Jury recommends 26 yrs for George Huguely... judge can accept this or give a lesser amt. The Love family was reported to be visibly upset by the recommendation.

Sentencing in April.

Old 02-22-2012, 10:45 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,920,389 times
LOL @ many of you thinking there's a even a chance he'll get anything close to the low end of the 5 to 40 sentencing range. For example, the low end of the range is usually given to those suspected of helping someone take a substantial step towards committing a non-premeditated felony murder (lookout men, getaway drivers, etc) and end up accepting a plea deal instead of going to trial, and those actually suspected of murder, but the prosecution has very weak evidence and offers a plea deal of 5-8 years. However, the low end of the range is totally out of the question for individuals who clearly committed murder (as in the evidence strongly supports that they are definitely guilty).

My guess is that the judge will end up giving him somewhere between 20 and 30 years with credit for time served.

Old 02-23-2012, 04:01 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,925,220 times
If 26 is recommended does he get out in 7 w 'good behavior'?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime