Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 09:59 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,595,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I thnik alot of people are making guesses based on history and even information provided by so called friends.Quite common with celebrities and people who watch such programs tho.To tell you the truth ;I was not surprised by the news much less shocked just watching her interview on drug problems and seeng her decline in appearance.
Yeah it's weird I was at the check-out the other day and the enquirer published a story about her before her death, suggesting she was having problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Shes harsh. A lot of what she said was true with the exception of the Bobbie Brown comment. She draws parellels between Whitney Houstons death and Bobbie Brown as beneficiary and makes her own conclusion.

Susan Moss the family attorney has no volume control, I can't handle her screeching bizarre voice. Is this the best they can find for her program.
I just caught this...why the hell would she have him as the beneficiary?

Old 02-16-2012, 10:09 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times
From what I understand, they don't release a body if they are still investigating cause of death. I saw NG on Good Morning America, they all tried to get her to back down....she refused. I never heard anything about bruises before NG this am. Nor did I hear that there was a party going on in WH suite, while she was upstairs in the bath?? Where could I read this, and the body guard comments?

Old 02-17-2012, 05:00 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,849,708 times
Two top rated radio talk show hosts, John and Ken, were taken off the air for 2 days (KFI-AM) for their outrageous comments about WH. Not sure how I feel about that, we do still have freedom of speech (hopefully, although it is dwindling), but the text of what they said was pretty nasty. They have since apologized to the family and their listeners.

Old 02-17-2012, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
Two top rated radio talk show hosts, John and Ken, were taken off the air for 2 days (KFI-AM) for their outrageous comments about WH. Not sure how I feel about that, we do still have freedom of speech (hopefully, although it is dwindling), but the text of what they said was pretty nasty. They have since apologized to the family and their listeners.
I hear you on the free speech but the nastiness and gossip mongers have gotten out of hand some especially in light of the fact that the family seem like real people and I just heard Aretha state Whitney had her challenges and to comment much on Bobbi you would have to live with him and have dealt with him or you better button it and that Bobbi needs to step it up for their daugther but that it's ultimately up to him.

I respect them keeping her funeral private.

Old 02-18-2012, 08:06 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,001,614 times
Well, obviously, an icon's death is a hot topic. Folk in the media are excited about it 'cause they have something to discuss. Thus, they are still guaranteed a paycheck for a while. While they're "earning" that check, no telling what they'll say.

Old 02-18-2012, 09:03 PM

44,631 posts, read 61,620,191 times
The coroner who did the autopsy said to wait for the final report when the toxicology tests come back. That is usually an indication she died of some type of drug(s). Otherwise since they already did the autopsy they had to have checked her heart so it appears it was not heart failure or they would have said so then.

Doesn't surprise me if Nancy Grace comes out and claims MJ's Dr Murray gave Whitney propocal. That's how over the top she is.

Old 02-18-2012, 09:47 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
Aside from NG, I find this death a tragedy. A woman with everything to live for, dead of OD on drugs. Why didn't someone tell her she was an addict, and help her get treatment? I personally drove my cousin to a drug abuse treatment center in Utah. I told him I loved him, and did not want to go to his funeral. I told him we were either going to pick out his coffin, or I would take him to treatment, one of the two..he could pick. Yes, he raged at me, we cried, screamed, yelled, and finally he agreed...

Didn't anyone love her? Enough to help her? Sad.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Aside from NG, I find this death a tragedy. A woman with everything to live for, dead of OD on drugs. Why didn't someone tell her she was an addict, and help her get treatment? I personally drove my cousin to a drug abuse treatment center in Utah. I told him I loved him, and did not want to go to his funeral. I told him we were either going to pick out his coffin, or I would take him to treatment, one of the two..he could pick. Yes, he raged at me, we cried, screamed, yelled, and finally he agreed...

Didn't anyone love her? Enough to help her? Sad.
I understand where you're coming from Jasper. I have personal experience with an addict as well and they have to want the help and reach bottom. I'm glad your cousin listened to you but some are stubborn and ornery and manipulative to the end. They relapse. I heard an aunt of Whitney saying they and Cissy tried, but at a certain point she just wasn't receptive and she was an adult so there was only so much they could do.

I do believe they really did love her, but maybe to other people they don't see that because we didn't get a happy solution to the problem. The person I'm speaking ofs mother bent over backwards over years time to try to find resolution and was also deeply religious like Cissy but sadly it just wasn't to be and they perished.

I really hope someone grabs hold of the daughter. Whitney in footage showed great affection to her. Maybe you're right though that WH's relatives aren't being responsive enough but even if they tried something like getting custody of her daughter I bet they wouldn't have been successful.

Old 02-20-2012, 01:39 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,828,603 times
Did anyone watch the Oprah special the other night - honoring Whitney Houston and incorporating Oprah's last interview with her? It was an excellent interview - open, honest and reflective, on Ms. Houston's part as well.

It appeared, from that interview, that family members, particularly her mom intervened....and it appears that Ms. Whitney was doing really well, clean, straight and certainly looking forward to a healthy and successful future.

Too much sensationalism; too little respect for her family and her daughter and clearly, way too much speculation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime