U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2012, 03:38 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,706,871 times

Advertisements

Somewhere in one or two or three of my threads and/or comments, I have indicated that too often [and I do not think I am the only one who feels the same way] that there are one set of rules for the less wealthy and another set of rules for the more wealthy - and those set[s] of rules also are intertwined in our judicial system.

I am glad to see that on occasion, justice does prevail appropriately. This is, certainly, a sad, senseless and preventable crime that should not have occurred at all.

Florida millionaire found guilty of DUI in man's death - CNN.com
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2012, 07:44 PM

35 posts, read 34,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmaple View Post
Somewhere in one or two or three of my threads and/or comments, I have indicated that too often [and I do not think I am the only one who feels the same way] that there are one set of rules for the less wealthy and another set of rules for the more wealthy - and those set[s] of rules also are intertwined in our judicial system.

I am glad to see that on occasion, justice does prevail appropriately. This is, certainly, a sad, senseless and preventable crime that should not have occurred at all.

Florida millionaire found guilty of DUI in man's death - CNN.com

I agree and admit I was waiting for the loophole or other "tricks" the high priced defense would pull to get him acquitted.

For the reasons you gave, I was skeptical there would be a guilty verdict.

What does that say about our justice system when we EXPECT such things?

Old 03-24-2012, 08:16 PM

10,109 posts, read 10,498,599 times
I thought he would walk too. What is really sad about this entire case is ... he could have saved Scott Wilson.

It will surprise me if he serves more than one year.

Old 03-24-2012, 08:46 PM

35 posts, read 34,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I thought he would walk too. What is really sad about this entire case is ... he could have saved Scott Wilson.

Is the judge sentencing him?

It's too late for a deal. He might get a stiff sentence.

Old 03-25-2012, 10:45 AM

18,840 posts, read 35,978,299 times
I remember this case, it was not long after the drunk high school student from an affluent family in Palm Beach Gardens killed a pizza delivery man with his Porsche. That kid got five years in a "country club", special jail for "young" offenders...he will be out in less than a year.

As for Goodman, same thing, I see a big show of being sentenced for a jail term, but no minimum, he will go in, and quietly get released in a year or so...

Old 03-26-2012, 03:47 PM

10,109 posts, read 10,498,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kftdnr View Post
Is the judge sentencing him?

It's too late for a deal. He might get a stiff sentence.
Sentencing hearing is set for April 30 he is facing 11½ to 30 years in prison. The judge did revoke his bail bond and he is back in jail so perhaps we have a wise judge on the bench here.

His biological children are suing or have lawyered up, attempting to overturn his adoption of his girl friend. That will cut into their inheritance.

Old 04-02-2012, 05:08 AM

878 posts, read 1,591,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post

Agreed... it's the people with money that get off with slaps on the wrist while if it had been you or I we'd be in prison for the next 50 years.

Gotta love our justice system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime