Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 03:33 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,891,640 times

Advertisements

Arthur Lee Allen is your man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 11:00 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,587,680 times
Good OP. Here are a few interesting links.
The Graysmith book claims it was Arthur Leigh Allen, but again, there seem to be other posssibilities. The worst theory I read was 'The Black Dahlia Avenger', by Steve Hodel, who claimed his father was both the Dahlia killer AND the Zodiac.

http://www.fbi.gov/foia/foiaindex/zodiac.htm

PROJECT MK-ZODIAC: Message to the Zodiac

Old 09-11-2012, 10:13 PM

1,715 posts, read 2,836,386 times
I've heard radio interviews with Steve Hodel. usually on fringe programs. I do not believe it was Arthur Leigh Allen.

Old 09-11-2012, 11:44 PM

8,827 posts, read 7,325,379 times
He probably never felt any remorse; he seemed to be sure of having some mission and being correct in what he was doing. So if he's dead it's at the hands of someone, illness, suicide because he was on the verge of getting caught (or he thought he was close to being caught)... either way, I would worry about someone trying to "finish his work"; there are some real sickos out there...He sure was one creepy creature...

Last edited by MaggieZ; 09-12-2012 at 12:09 AM..

Old 09-12-2012, 12:39 PM

Apparently the David Fincher movie in 2005, was a complete fiction. He basically points to Allen as the suspect.

A few LE people on here (who lived in the area at the time, Vallejo, Lake Beryessa, etc.) have some interesting theories.

Its another interesting case we will probably never see resolved.

Zodiac Killer Forum - View topic - Fincher's ZODIAC

Old 09-12-2012, 02:43 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,025,051 times
I've always wondered if some or all of the killings attributed to the Zodiac were actually the work of Ted Bundy. Bundy could have been "testing the waters" in that area--it's assumed that he was driven to murder after being dumped by a college sweetheart who was from the Bay area and returned to that area after their break up. The timing is right and the official police sketch of the Zodiac bears a resemblance.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:37 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,351,590 times
one thing i find so intriguing in any unsolved case is the number of suspects who come out of the woodwork, and how often they seem like they "HAVE" to be the guy, but wind up not being. in every case i have read about, the lay down suspects and you think, "well, that sounds like the guy". then it turns out not to be him. its a little disconcerting, to know how many crazy folk there are in the world with the same traits or habits as someone who is a murderer. no wonder detectives are some of the most cynical people in the world.

i love that scene in "the zodiac" where dave toschi (mark ruffalo, be still my beating heart) is meeting up with suspects, and people are SWEARING it has to be this or that person based on complete b.s. i especially love it with the little old lady says, "have you ever considered the possibility that paul avery [pain in the azz journalist who was driving toschi nuts] could be the killer?" and he says, "frequently". hahaha.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:42 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,351,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Good OP. Here are a few interesting links.
The Graysmith book claims it was Arthur Leigh Allen, but again, there seem to be other posssibilities. The worst theory I read was 'The Black Dahlia Avenger', by Steve Hodel, who claimed his father was both the Dahlia killer AND the Zodiac.

http://www.fbi.gov/foia/foiaindex/zodiac.htm

PROJECT MK-ZODIAC: Message to the Zodiac
steve hodel seems a bit of a nutjob. for sure. basing the belief on your father being the dahlia killer on a bunch of photos of women who have a passing resemblance to elizabeth smart is a bit silly.

i REALLY believe it was arthur lee allen. if not him, someone very close to him. seriously, again, he was a chemist. he knew about DNA. he was just pompous enough to believe that future generations would still be trying to solve this and had to imagine a day when DNA would be quantifiable in criminal cases, and he wanted to give NO clues. the handprint- i mean, the guy wore gloves. he is gonna be that careful and take his gloves off (they were found in paul stein's cab) and THEN leave a handprint? no. i think those who believe that arthur lee allen wasn't the zodiac, i would love to hear WHY you think that, because boatloads of circumstantial evidence says otherwise.

Old 09-15-2012, 11:24 PM

Why wasnt Jack Terrance investigated by the FBI more thoroughly?.
He fits the description of many victims who survived.

AND had military training and followed the radian/mathematical theory which applied to victims.

The Real Zodiac Killer - Thunderball Films - YouTube

Its comforting for the public to assume this person is incarcerated or deceased. As a victim of assault, I know for a fact many are not found.

Arthur Leigh Allen was a convenient shill for Graysmith to prove a theory . A THEORY, NOT fact.

www.zodiackillerfacts.com

Old 09-15-2012, 11:58 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,360,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Arthur Lee Allen is your man.
What makes you so sure? What traits did he have that made him suspicious? Where did he perfect his quirky, defiant skills? What troubled him?

If he is, why haven't they closed the case?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime