Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 05:06 PM

88,454 posts, read 84,565,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
I do have children, and I think you trigger-happy people are off your rockers.

What an idiotic response.

A) The poster to whom I replied clearly stated that he did not have kids.

B). Where do you get off calling me trigger-happy? Nowhere did I indicate that I thought killing was OK.

SMH. I wonder why some people even post on forums when clearly they have no interest in following a conversation but rather just need a place to blare.

Old 07-11-2012, 05:51 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,107,747 times
Quote:
The insanity defense is used in fewer than 1% of criminal prosecutions and when it is used, it is only successful 26% of the time.

A claim of "temporary" insanity is extremely rare. Normally it would be called "diminished capacity" (in states that allow such a defense) and would be used not to acquit the defendant, but to establish lack of premeditation and result in conviction on a lesser charge.
Right -- often manslaughter. It is the court system and the jury that should decide this. Not the prosecutor.

Old 07-12-2012, 07:08 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,468,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
What an idiotic response.

A) The poster to whom I replied clearly stated that he did not have kids.
Yes, and I wanted to make clear that you do not speak for all of us who do have kids, since I quite agreed with that poster.

Quote:
B). Where do you get off calling me trigger-happy? Nowhere did I indicate that I thought killing was OK.
Well, tearing into one of the very few posters on the thread who was taking a stand against killing is one indication.

Quote:
SMH. I wonder why some people even post on forums when clearly they have no interest in following a conversation but rather just need a place to blare.
All the blaring has been on the opposite side, as is usual.

Old 07-12-2012, 07:11 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,468,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Right -- often manslaughter. It is the court system and the jury that should decide this. Not the prosecutor.
I wouldn't have disagreed with such an outcome; I won't even, as I said before, second-guess the grand jury in this case because I was not present at their deliberations; but I absolutely can and will second-guess and denounce the corrosive, sick hatred exhibited by the pro-homicide posters on this site.

Old 07-12-2012, 07:54 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,680,655 times
Yeah but at least they're not child rapists

Old 07-13-2012, 08:56 AM

88,454 posts, read 84,565,666 times
Quote:
Yes, and I wanted to make clear that you do not speak for all of us who do have kids, since I quite agreed with that poster.

Well, tearing into one of the very few posters on the thread who was taking a stand against killing is one indication.

All the blaring has been on the opposite side, as is usual.
You make zero sense. I never said I spoke for everyone who has kids, and I posted a very logical, thoughtful response to the poster with another point of view for him/her to consider. It was hardly "tearing into" anyone, and I doubt that anyone but you would have read that into my post. Geez.

I should get used to the fact that on these forums there are always such people who just love to argue for the hell of arguing and being miserable, but I never did get used to it. I'm a person who dislikes violence, and having some internet pyscho call ME "trigger-happy" makes me wonder about what kind of person THEY are, and I find it ironic that someone so nasty is accusing others on this thread of being sick.

Have a party with your miserable self. Please don't kick your dog.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 07-13-2012 at 09:36 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime