Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 04:39 PM

10,031 posts, read 9,505,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
I would hope there is other corroboration of the abuse taking place than just one man's ex post facto claims. There was a case in Connecticut not that long ago in which an enraged father killed an alleged molester, except it turned out that no molestation had ever actually taken place...
That's exactly what I was thinking. Maybe the hospital examination showed evidence.

Old 06-11-2012, 04:42 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,350,315 times
Default Texas dad kills daughter's abuser by punching him to death

He did his job as a father to protect his child, there should be no crime in that.

Old 06-11-2012, 04:44 PM

1,738 posts, read 2,078,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
I would hope there is other corroboration of the abuse taking place than just one man's ex post facto claims. There was a case in Connecticut not that long ago in which an enraged father killed an alleged molester, except it turned out that no molestation had ever actually taken place...
This was my thought.. I hope they thoroughly investigate. God forbid, but what if it was the other way round and the father was guilty of molestation and killed the "witness'...then blamed it on the other guy? The kid would probably never be able to say it was her dad..and the guy would walk.

Old 06-11-2012, 04:45 PM

1,738 posts, read 2,078,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
...or the father was the molester, and all he did was kill the man who witnessed him doing it.
Yep, exactly... i hope not

Old 06-11-2012, 04:56 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,062 times
Seeing how it was act not per-meditated and out of immediate shock/emotion I cant see him getting much for this even if charged. Cant imagine walking up on something like that and being able to hold back, let alone thing straight.

I really wish they could find out what causes people to do this sort of thing. There is a major, major flaw, to say the least, in these pedophiles heads that is not curable. I think time has shown us that these people can not stop, and really should not be let back out into society. Once found out, a person that does this should never be allowed to be amongst us. They will do it again, and it seems they just get worse.

Old 06-11-2012, 05:04 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
I think what happened is this man walked in on a rabid animal attacking his child and took reasonable action. At least, that's how I see it.....
That is exactly how I see it.

I know that in many cases, the parents or family members or even members of the community will say things like, "They better hope the police catch them first", or make other such threats AFTER an act has happened and while I fully understand the sentiment, I don't agree with another crime to answer a crime.

HOWEVER, in this case? The man walked in and saw this guy in the act of attacking his innocent four year old child. What parent WOULDN'T flip the hell out and beat the snot out of the person?

It was certainly NOT premeditated, he probably wasn't even thinking, he was just insane with anger and rage that his ahole was attacking his little child. I would call this self defense in that the FOUR year old child certainly has no defense against a grown man attacking her but the dad sure as hell does.

He should NOT be convicted at all.

Old 06-11-2012, 05:09 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
The father was reported to be remorseful upon learning the guy was dead. I'm not sure I'd have one bit of remorse. He prevented likely future abuse of more children.
Killing a person carries its own type of guilt, even when justified.

This will haunt him forever.

Old 06-11-2012, 05:15 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Hey it's all gonna come down to the facts. How many folks were involved in the tending of the horses? How long before dad left the tending of the horses and all hell broke loose?

If multiple people were involved in the tending of the horses and they agree that dad left just moments before the fracas started then it would seem to be reasonable that dad'a story is genuine. He walked in to find his 4 year old in mortal danger and killed the attacking animal. Case closed!

Old 06-11-2012, 05:22 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Killing a person carries its own type of guilt, even when justified.

This will haunt him forever.
As it will the picture in his head of his daughter being molested.

As it will the never mentioned thing that happened way back when you were four years old but are now having memory re-birth of the event in your teens.

As it will the family of the perp who had to leave the area in shame.

As it will if one member of the girl's family had suspicions but never voiced them till it was far too late.

Like a stone thrown into a pool; the ripples just keep going and going.

In the old days a public flogging was indicated; this served to punish the offender, warn prospective perp's in the community of the consequences of their sickness and assuage family's need for revenge. Not entirely a bad idea at all.

Old 06-11-2012, 05:25 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,163 times
This man did the world a favor and should be honored as a hero.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime