Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 10:25 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,270,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
I personally know the two detectives which conducted his investigation. The case is NOT some sort of slam dunk people think and/or thought it was. Unless you know a lot about the case, the next points I shall make will sound foreign to you. I suggest you read up on the investigation. The key point in the prosecution of the case, was the photographs of the Scott Peterson's boat storage. There were photographs on the day Lacy was missing, of a two saw horses with a piece of plywood on them. Hand made concrete anchors were on the plywood; a total of 6. 2 were missing. They were matches to the ones, not scientifically mind you, to the ones found on Lacy's body.

In so far as Scott Peterson, I would argue everyone else's psychological assessment of him. He is a classic psychopath. Although not proven, he is probably responsible for the death of a female when he was in college.

This case is very baffling to most serious persons who study criminal law/justice. Like it or not, the case is ENTIRELY circumstantial. There isn't one shred of physical evidence, to show Scott committed the crime. No DNA, fingerprints, all the things people like to see. None of it. He still maintain's his innocence and, there is some evidence to show he is POSSIBLY innocent.

MOST of us in the criminal justice field were shocked he was even convicted, not to mention the death penalty, based upon such thin circumstantial evidence. But hell, you can't ever figure out what a jury will do.

Scott Peterson Appeal

The Murder of Laci Peterson — Lady Killer — Crime Library on truTV.com

On a sidebar, for you "crime junkies." Yes, I have another friend, a close friend who I work out with quite often. He is a Sgt at San Quentin, assigned to death row. Scott Peterson receives BAG LOADS of mail, every week, from women, all over the world, with marriage proposals. Many of these women send photos, of shall we say, different stages of compromise? Many of these women are, in my friends words, "Hotter then hell."
LOL tell your friend that they're crazier than hell, and probably send SOMEONE ELSE'S PHOTO!

lol...

So - he's guilty? You say it wasn't a slam dunk but the homemade anchors imply it was? Bit confused there....

You don't happen to know anyone who worked on JBR do you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2012, 10:40 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,350,704 times
The reason Peterson was convicted is that the average juror pulled from his area has an IQ of above 70...unlike the CA jury. Reasonable doubt. There was no doubt. Scott proved to be a liar...cheat...and just wanted to "erase" Lacey. He is a cold psychopath. I hope he enjoys his time.

Old 06-12-2012, 12:34 AM

5,297 posts, read 7,627,203 times
Quote:
I personally know the two detectives which conducted his investigation. The case is NOT some sort of slam dunk people think and/or thought it was. Unless you know a lot about the case, the next points I shall make will sound foreign to you. I suggest you read up on the investigation. The key point in the prosecution of the case, was the photographs of the Scott Peterson's boat storage. There were photographs on the day Lacy was missing, of a two saw horses with a piece of plywood on them. Hand made concrete anchors were on the plywood; a total of 6. 2 were missing. They were matches to the ones, not scientifically mind you, to the ones found on Lacy's body.

In so far as Scott Peterson, I would argue everyone else's psychological assessment of him. He is a classic psychopath. Although not proven, he is probably responsible for the death of a female when he was in college.

This case is very baffling to most serious persons who study criminal law/justice. Like it or not, the case is ENTIRELY circumstantial. There isn't one shred of physical evidence, to show Scott committed the crime. No DNA, fingerprints, all the things people like to see. None of it. He still maintain's his innocence and, there is some evidence to show he is POSSIBLY innocent.

MOST of us in the criminal justice field were shocked he was even convicted, not to mention the death penalty, based upon such thin circumstantial evidence. But hell, you can't ever figure out what a jury will do.

Scott Peterson Appeal

On a sidebar, for you "crime junkies." Yes, I have another friend, a close friend who I work out with quite often. He is a Sgt at San Quentin, assigned to death row. Scott Peterson receives BAG LOADS of mail, every week, from women, all over the world, with marriage proposals. Many of these women send photos, of shall we say, different stages of compromise? Many of these women are, in my friends words, "Hotter then hell."
Excellent post. I followed this case, along with the "other" Peterson case (NC) on the old Court TV message board. Though I never became invested in the Scott P. case as much as some did, I read most everything posted......it was a strange case and as you said, there were niggling doubts about his guilt (for me).

I watched the Michael Peterson televised trial from start to finish and what a train wreck that was. He is out on $300,000 bond, after 8 years, and is up for a new trial. I had doubts about his guilt, too.

Old 06-12-2012, 03:08 AM

4,001 posts, read 6,270,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
Excellent post. I followed this case, along with the "other" Peterson case (NC) on the old Court TV message board. Though I never became invested in the Scott P. case as much as some did, I read most everything posted......it was a strange case and as you said, there were niggling doubts about his guilt (for me).

I watched the Michael Peterson televised trial from start to finish and what a train wreck that was. He is out on $300,000 bond, after 8 years, and is up for a new trial. I had doubts about his guilt, too.
Don't forget Drew Peterson either....what is it with the name Peterson?

Old 06-12-2012, 03:14 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,017,573 times
Quote:

Scott Peterson Appeal

Why women do this ill never understand. They will never ever meet the inmate unless they can somehow visit him. They must have mental issues.

Old 06-12-2012, 03:26 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,448,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
Can you please post some links?

TIA.

SCOTT PETERSON SOCIOPATH

CNN.com - Transcripts

Joran, Casey and Psychopathic Narcissism: A Forensic Commentary | Psychology Today

Marilee Strong's Erased: Missing and Murdered Women: Scott Peterson and Why They Kill Their Wives

Old 06-12-2012, 12:31 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,161,565 times
He was NOT a surfer.

He was a golfer.

And from what I've read of him he was "way cool" only in his own mind.

Old 06-12-2012, 01:30 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,880,115 times
Quote:

It's a lesson to the Casey Anthony juror fans that, yes, sometimes even juries can put two and two together and get four. It was indeed entirely circumstantial - no cause of death, no witnesses. The jury did their job correctly - established guilt beyone a reasonable doubt by putting hundreds of puzzle pieces together.
Witnesses lie or are unreliable, scientific evidence can be dismissed as tampering. But a trail of circumstantial evidence will seal the deal each and every time....to a jury with half a brain.

Old 06-12-2012, 01:35 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,880,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
That was pretty much the gist of the news clip. High profile inmate, lots of media attention surrounding the trial so it was implied that to take him out would have been a "badge of honor" , so to speak, among other inmates.

It's an enigma to me how some are targeted like Dahmer and meet their doom at the hands of other inmates, but people like Bundy and Manson are pretty much left alone. I guess Manson's media and inmate interaction is heavily restricted, but in Bundy's case there was plenty of opportunity to snuff him out.
Bundy? He fried in florida a couple decades ago, and served his time in the relative safety of death row after his last conviction and his time of being labeled a mass murderer (although I am happy to read that he was gang raped at one point by his fellow death row convicts).

Old 06-12-2012, 02:12 PM

1,715 posts, read 2,836,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
That was pretty much the gist of the news clip. High profile inmate, lots of media attention surrounding the trial so it was implied that to take him out would have been a "badge of honor" , so to speak, among other inmates.

It's an enigma to me how some are targeted like Dahmer and meet their doom at the hands of other inmates, but people like Bundy and Manson are pretty much left alone. I guess Manson's media and inmate interaction is heavily restricted, but in Bundy's case there was plenty of opportunity to snuff him out.
Manson was punked out and also lit on fire in prison.

Who knows what happened to Bundy that we might not have heard about.

It's a whole different world but from what I understand it's hierarchical from strength to weakness and also affiliations. That means regardless of crimes committed etc, those who can fight back are less likely to be preyed upon than those who don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime