Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 02:53 PM

145 posts, read 358,841 times

Advertisements

Is there something unique about their killings that gets your attention?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 02:57 PM

415 posts, read 764,852 times
not a favorite, but sure stands out in my mind...

RICHARD RAMIREZ "THE NIGHT STALKER" when I look at him all I see is the DEVIL''

EVIL BEINGS: RICHARD RAMIREZ "THE NIGHT STALKER"

The Death Toll

Ramirez’s romp of death and destruction was finally over but he had left behind fourteen dead victims and several traumatized survivors. He had committed fourteen counts of first-degree murder, numerous counts of burglary, rape and sodomy. He had mutilated corpses and performed acts of necrophilia.
Richard claimed his acts of psychopathic butchery were performed to glorify Satan. He maintained this demonic demeanor throughout his trial chanting evil slogans and wearing blacks clothes and dark sunglasses.

Last edited by Hickory patrick; 05-14-2013 at 03:06 PM..

Old 05-14-2013, 04:32 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,277,042 times
Andrei Chikatilo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Andrei Romanovich Chikatilo (Russian: Андрей Романович Чикатило, Ukrainian: Андрі́й Рома́нович Чикати́ло; 16 October 1936 – 14 February 1994) was a Soviet serial killer, nicknamed The Butcher of Rostov, The Red Ripper, and The Rostov Ripper, who committed the sexual assault, murder and mutilation of a minimum of 52 women and children between 1978 and 1990 in the Russian SFSR. Chikatilo confessed to a total of 56 murders and was tried for 53 of these killings in April 1992. He was convicted and sentenced to death for 52 of these murders in October 1992 and subsequently executed in February 1994."

Old 05-14-2013, 10:20 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,604,857 times
I have developed an interest in this case since I moved here from the east coast 2 years ago...

Every time I drive Pacific Hwy South (where he picked up prostitutes) or drive over the Green River it's hard not to think about the case. Just the other day I drove by Kenworth where he worked... we've all read about serial killers but to live in an area where people were killed and bodies were found can be just a bit creepy.

Gary Ridgway - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I just ordered this book from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Green-River-Ru...n+river+killer

Old 05-14-2013, 10:32 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,048,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokconl View Post
Is there something unique about their killings that gets your attention?
Well, Jeffrey Dahmer certainly embodied a full menu of weirdness: necrophilia, dismemberment, digging up buried corpses, cannibalism, re-assembling crushed skulls to gaze upon while pleasuring himself, dissolving bodies in vats, keeping jars of genitalia in his pantry, trying to make live victims into "zombies" by doing brain-drilling lobotomies and pouring in acid, and then murdered in prison? Hard to beat.

Old 05-16-2013, 12:06 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,765,752 times
One who really intrigues me is Nicolai Dzhumagaliev. Like Andrei Chikatilo he's a Ukrainian , but this one is suspected of possibly over 100 acts of murders and canniballism. Astoundingly, they let him finish a prison term and go home to live with relatives.

Kees, I know just what you mean. I grew up by where Coral Watts got his start killing women for entertainment and I almost had a heart atteck when I heard he was going to be paroled. When they convicted him of killing Ms. Dutcher in Frernadle I breathed a sigh of relief, but I still feel burned up that they lt him confess to Miss Bennett's murder right down the road and turn left from my house and give him NOTHING.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:10 PM

7,106 posts, read 4,828,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
Well, Jeffrey Dahmer certainly embodied a full menu of weirdness: necrophilia, dismemberment, digging up buried corpses, cannibalism, re-assembling crushed skulls to gaze upon while pleasuring himself, dissolving bodies in vats, keeping jars of genitalia in his pantry, trying to make live victims into "zombies" by doing brain-drilling lobotomies and pouring in acid, and then murdered in prison? Hard to beat.
Speaking of, has anyone seen the interview that was shown a while ago with him? I forget the channel AND the interviewer (sorry!) but my god. The guy seems absolutely "normal"!! (Dahmer I mean). Just unbelievable that someone could hide all that "weirdness" for so long.

Old 05-16-2013, 08:59 PM

2,734 posts, read 4,151,925 times
The title of this thread is astounding . . .

Old 05-17-2013, 08:25 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,973,894 times
This thread is creepy.

I don't have time to read the OPs history. However I had a situation in the past where a poster was really creepy and he turned into a viscious killer.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:54 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,017,688 times
Gary Ridgway - since I lived in the area where he operated and am quite familiar with the territory.

Edmund Kemper - for such a tragic figure who did so much damage, you will find few people like him who are as intelligent, articulate, and have insight into the demons that possessed him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime