Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 02:20 PM

3,805 posts, read 6,334,274 times

Advertisements

Just curious if anyone has heard any reports of how these two criminals are doing in prison. What their daily life is like, how they adjusted? I would love to hear stories about their life behind bars. They so deserve to be where they are and it would be interesting to know how they are faring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2012, 07:43 PM

14,727 posts, read 33,271,046 times
I knew Blago was in prison (13 years, right?) but did NOT know OJ was in prison. Did he get nailed for his Las Vegas escapade? How long is he in for?

I've often wondered how OJ's kids are doing after having lived through 18 years (since 1994) of this mess?

Old 06-13-2012, 06:21 AM

OJ was sentenced in 2008 to 33 years in prison with a minimum of 9 years without parole on armed robbery and kidnapping charges.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:50 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,310,222 times
I haven't heard anything about Blagojevich.

OJ has new hope of having his case reconsidered given the incompetent representation he was a victim of. His constitutional rights may have been violated. Specifically, his 5th AM right to due process might've been violated by excessive pre-trial publicity which at least called for a motion to change venue. His 6th AM right to effective assistance of counsel may have been violated because his lawyers were absolute goons and didn't present the proper defense. Then there is of course his 8th AM rights against cruel and unusual punishment. It was obvious that subjecting a man his age to 33 years was excessive. He was sentenced for the double murders, then that Judge turns around and gets a TV program as a new, cherished celebrity. Other than this, I haven't heard anything about how he's getting along in prison on a daily basis.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:12 AM

18,837 posts, read 37,232,187 times
What is interesting about Blago, and other politicians who get charged, is that they did nothing any different than most other politicians, except they rubbed someone in power the wrong way. Inflated ego, narcissistic personality disorder...anyone can be brought down. He just got too big for his britches.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
I haven't heard anything about Blagojevich.

OJ has new hope of having his case reconsidered given the incompetent representation he was a victim of. His constitutional rights may have been violated. Specifically, his 5th AM right to due process might've been violated by excessive pre-trial publicity which at least called for a motion to change venue. His 6th AM right to effective assistance of counsel may have been violated because his lawyers were absolute goons and didn't present the proper defense. Then there is of course his 8th AM rights against cruel and unusual punishment. It was obvious that subjecting a man his age to 33 years was excessive. He was sentenced for the double murders, then that Judge turns around and gets a TV program as a new, cherished celebrity. Other than this, I haven't heard anything about how he's getting along in prison on a daily basis.
Huh? He was acquitted of the double murders and I haven't heard anything that Judge Ito got his own TV program.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
What is interesting about Blago, and other politicians who get charged, is that they did nothing any different than most other politicians, except they rubbed someone in power the wrong way. Inflated ego, narcissistic personality disorder...anyone can be brought down. He just got too big for his britches.
I agree. I guess I'm interested in these two because they are some of the very few who ARE brought down, even though there are so many deserving people out there who should also be in prison.

Old 06-13-2012, 11:02 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,466,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayulita View Post
Huh? He was acquitted of the double murders and I haven't heard anything that Judge Ito got his own TV program.
Jackie Glass was the presiding Judge in Ojs Las Vegas trial, shes took over for Nancy Grace on "Swift Justice".

O.J. Simpson judge to replace Nancy Grace - USATODAY.com

Simpson appealed his conviction and lost, but the Nevada Supreme Court ruled Glass erred when she denied a motion to separate his trial from co-defendant Clarence "C.J." Stewart.
Simpson's lawyers had alleged 34 instances of judicial misconduct by Glass during the trial. The high court rejected them all.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:46 AM

29,095 posts, read 25,908,091 times
Quote:
Just curious if anyone has heard any reports of how these two criminals are doing in prison. What their daily life is like, how they adjusted? I would love to hear stories about their life behind bars. They so deserve to be where they are and it would be interesting to know how they are faring.
Why?

Old 05-17-2013, 10:51 AM

29,095 posts, read 25,908,091 times
Quote:
I think that that person meant that the judge sentenced O.J. Simpson excessively because she took in account the murder trial, in addition to the Las Vegas thing.

In other words - the judge abused her power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime