Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2012, 09:34 AM

5 posts, read 5,453 times

Advertisements

Is it just me or does it seem like the adultery is getting worse and worse? I've seen all types of husbands and wives get cheated on. Loyal ones, trashy ones, unwealthy ones, very wealthy ones... After being in the work force for 7 years in various types of work, seeing all the immoral people that can't seem to fathom the concept of a loyal/committed relationship really makes me think.

How can I EVER trust a woman, after the completely fake facade's I've seen them put up? They can be acting like nothing is wrong at all with your relationship, and be stabbing you in the back an hour prior. How can I ever take such a leap of faith, to trust a woman and marry her while knowing what fakes they can be? And while knowing I may be giving her half of my assets/paying child support for the rest of my life at the end of this possibly short-lived marriage. I wouldn't even bring myself to fully trust a girl I met at a church.

Not gonna lie, if I invested all this effort and time into a woman to find out she was a fake conniving harlot, suicidal impulses may take over. But if I had kids with her, I'm guessing they wouldn't. Then I would just be a prisoner for the rest of my life. Just working to pay the man. Or should I say woman?

Edit: Has the media molded society this way? Does the media not want us to have stable relationships/marriages? Was I born on a different planet? Should everyone just stop having kids? WAS WOMEN'S RIGHTS A BAD IDEA? Discuss.

Old 07-14-2012, 09:51 AM

1,738 posts, read 2,077,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by discouraged27 View Post
Is it just me or does it seem like the adultery is getting worse and worse? I've seen all types of husbands and wives get cheated on. Loyal ones, trashy ones, unwealthy ones, very wealthy ones... After being in the work force for 7 years in various types of work, seeing all the immoral people that can't seem to fathom the concept of a loyal/committed relationship really makes me think.

How can I EVER trust a woman, after the completely fake facade's I've seen them put up? They can be acting like nothing is wrong at all with your relationship, and be stabbing you in the back an hour prior. How can I ever take such a leap of faith, to trust a woman and marry her while knowing what fakes they can be? And while knowing I may be giving her half of my assets/paying child support for the rest of my life at the end of this possibly short-lived marriage. I wouldn't even bring myself to fully trust a girl I met at a church.

Not gonna lie, if I invested all this effort and time into a woman to find out she was a fake conniving harlot, suicidal impulses may take over. But if I had kids with her, I'm guessing they wouldn't. Then I would just be a prisoner for the rest of my life. Just working to pay the man. Or should I say woman?

Edit: Has the media molded society this way? Does the media not want us to have stable relationships/marriages? Was I born on a different planet? Should everyone just stop having kids? WAS WOMEN'S RIGHTS A BAD IDEA? Discuss.
Men can be just as bad, if not worse

Old 07-14-2012, 10:15 AM

I'm aware of that, and all the disloyal men/women have ruined it for me.

Old 07-14-2012, 10:23 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,547,566 times
Quote:

Ahh, tread sofly. Womans rights? In other words, oppressing women is the answer for a man with trust issues. Good Lord, we wouldn't want you to feel like a prisoner.

The media isn't at fault, thats a cop out for people who don't want to take responsibilty for their choices.

Old 07-14-2012, 12:56 PM

45,337 posts, read 60,512,994 times
Shouldn't this be in Relationships and not True Crime? Be that as it may, the number of adultery instances may be up a bit over, say, a generation ago but my gut tells me that the perception may be fueled more by the 24 hour media we now have. Just like real crimes like rape, child abuse, etc. aren't more prevalent now, just more reported.

Old 07-14-2012, 01:11 PM

Maybe I went overboard with the women's rights statement, but it's pretty pathetic when a man can get taken for half of his worth (to say the least) when his woman cheats on him and they get divorced.

Your sarcastic remark "good lord, we wouldn't want you to feel like a prisoner" reminds me of an ignorant child speaking. No one should feel like a prisoner if they haven't done anything wrong.

The media is at fault for lots of things, the way you said that implies you think the media was never at fault for anything. And that's just silly.

How is prostitution illegal, but alimony isn't? They're basically the same thing.

Old 07-14-2012, 01:21 PM

And then a girl gets all offended when you mention the word "prenup".

Old 07-14-2012, 02:33 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,547,566 times
Quote:
Maybe I went overboard with the women's rights statement, but it's pretty pathetic when a man can get taken for half of his worth (to say the least) when his woman cheats on him and they get divorced.

Your sarcastic remark "good lord, we wouldn't want you to feel like a prisoner" reminds me of an ignorant child speaking. No one should feel like a prisoner if they haven't done anything wrong.

The media is at fault for lots of things, the way you said that implies you think the media was never at fault for anything. And that's just silly.

Precisely, no one should be oppressed, or imprisoned. Too late for backpedaling.

If you feel this strongly, consider not having children. Marriages fail, there are no guarantees or warranties on people....make certain you know the person you marry...that takes time. If a prenup gives you security, then have one in place.

Never met any adult so impressionable and out of touch, they blamed the media for their mistakes and choices...hilarious.

BTW.. you might request a moderator move the thread to Relationships forum.

Old 07-14-2012, 05:17 PM

I'm a young adult and I haven't made any mistakes..? I'm talking about how I'll probably never marry or have kids after seeing all the bull**** that goes on. Not to mention most of the bull**** I see is on the woman's end. And there's really nothing in it for a man to marry. It's a business contract. And the man gets the ****ty end of that contract.

Is it even moderately achievable to find a woman willing to do a pre-nup? From what I've seen 99% of them are all about money. Whether their man is a good man or not is just a bonus.

Old 07-14-2012, 05:33 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,350,704 times
Not a "true crime topic". Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime