Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 01:59 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,327,366 times

Advertisements

and people like Andrea Yates should never have had kids, think what you will but some people should not have kids...just because you got the body parts, does not make a good parent or capable parent. Her husband is the biggest jerk and he's part guilty...so were the doctors and others who knew what she was like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2012, 07:33 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,619,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
Don't ever watch a movie called Se7en then, my friend.

Already have.....much different when you see real victims...

Old 12-22-2012, 08:12 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
and people like Andrea Yates should never have had kids, think what you will but some people should not have kids...just because you got the body parts, does not make a good parent or capable parent. Her husband is the biggest jerk and he's part guilty...so were the doctors and others who knew what she was like.
Absolutely.

Yates was a hot mess, for sure. From what I remember reading about the case, she should have been in intensive treatment long before she killed those kids.

I am inclined to feel a bit sorrier for her than say, Susan Smith, who drowned her kids because the guy she was dating didn't want children. She then tried to cover it up by stating that she was car-jacked.

There was another one who shot her children and tried to pretend it was a random crime as well. I remember watching a movie about it.

I don't understand people like Smith. If the kids are too much of a burden, certainly there is a relative somewhere who would take them in. The fathers, maybe? Grandparents?

Old 12-22-2012, 08:57 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,327,366 times
oh yeah I remember that movie...she shot them and herself...with Farrah Fawcett was it? It'll come to me..
and Smith should've been thrown under the jail..the friggin' b...killing those boys over some guy...How could she? and then blaming some black guy...nice going!

Small sacrifices is the movie about Diane Downs..

Old 12-22-2012, 09:01 AM

1,886 posts, read 2,225,333 times
Absolutely NONE...

Old 12-22-2012, 09:37 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
oh yeah I remember that movie...she shot them and herself...with Farrah Fawcett was it? It'll come to me..
and Smith should've been thrown under the jail..the friggin' b...killing those boys over some guy...How could she? and then blaming some black guy...nice going!

Small sacrifices is the movie about Diane Downs..
Yeah, that was a classy move, wasn't it? You know what's really sad? I read somewhere that the guy that dumped Smith was wracked by guilt after the fact because he was only using the kids as a convenient excuse because he didn't want her around anymore. He had no idea she would resort to the evil that she did.-- Not that I feel sorry for him. Just the kids.

Old 12-22-2012, 09:43 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,382,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post

I'd have to say Aileen Wuornos
Same.

She just seemed to come from a background that guaranteed she'd have a jacked up life.

Old 12-22-2012, 11:49 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,357,132 times
I feel bad for pregnant teens who kill a newborn. But I have zero sympathy for women who kill their kids. Take them to a shelter. Leave them some place, even dropping them off at the mall is better than killing them.

That is messed up. Look at Susan Smith, she could have just given the kids to their Dad, or Grandparents, and continued her life.

Old 12-22-2012, 12:40 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,758,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I feel bad for pregnant teens who kill a newborn. But I have zero sympathy for women who kill their kids. Take them to a shelter. Leave them some place, even dropping them off at the mall is better than killing them.

That is messed up. Look at Susan Smith, she could have just given the kids to their Dad, or Grandparents, and continued her life.
I think anyone who puts herself all over the TV news pleading for the capture of a nonexistent black man who killed her kids, because she was cheating on her husband and wanted to be free of all her responsibilities, is an attention-sucking freak who deserves everything she gets. Except for the sympathy. And the book and movie deals.

As for Andrea Yates, I believe she had been hospitalized more than once related to her homicidal thoughts about her children. Why her husband didn't get a vasectomy after the first inpatient stay is beyond me, but I suspect he was reassured by her treatment team that if she took her pills and went to therapy the kids would be fine. That old joke is true, though: It only takes one shrink to change a light bulb, but the light bulb has to want to change.

There are laws in place to petition a dangerous person into the hospital whenever they become dangerous, but it all hinges on whether the person gives you any warning signs. If Yates was really determined to do in her children, she probably managed to keep her mouth shut this time and went and did it.

Old 12-22-2012, 12:43 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,992,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
I feel very mixed about Jeff Dahmer. He seemed to really understand that what he was doing was totally wrong, but he didn't know how to stop himself because killing was the only thing that made him feel better for a short time. He said he wanted to be studied so others could be stopped from doing the same thing.
What happened to Dahmer's body after he was killed in prison? Was his brain and body donated to science?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime