Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 09:20 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times

Advertisements

From everything I've heard about it... that is some nasty s***! Why anyone would want to mess with that stuff is beyond me? Whatever happened to just smoking a joint, and having a few beers?

Old 12-14-2012, 09:43 AM

266 posts, read 402,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
You think locking someone up in prison is an effective way of treating addiction? From where did you get such an idea?
I don't have a whole lot of sympathy for these people. It is a sad situation when someone feels they have nothing but drugs to turn to, but they have complete control over their decisions. How many resources are wasted on trying to help people in counseling and rehab who don't really want it, or waste their opportunities by not sticking to what they've learned and throwing everything away time and time again? Being around truly sick people every day, those who have not essentially chosen to go through these illnesses they are suffering from, makes you realize they are the ones to have the most compassion for. I think as far as drugs are concerned, prevention is really the only hope in successfully helping people. Just my opinion.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:51 AM

7,057 posts, read 9,080,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iliza View Post
I don't have a whole lot of sympathy for these people. It is a sad situation when someone feels they have nothing but drugs to turn to, but they have complete control over their decisions. How many resources are wasted on trying to help people in counseling and rehab who don't really want it, or waste their opportunities by not sticking to what they've learned and throwing everything away time and time again? Being around truly sick people every day, those who have not essentially chosen to go through these illnesses they are suffering from, makes you realize they are the ones to have the most compassion for. I think as far as drugs are concerned, prevention is really the only hope in successfully helping people. Just my opinion.
What 'prevention'? It's already illegal, if that doesn't stop them, what will? Some might think this sounds harsh but...they're obviously defective. If they choose to improve the gene pool by removing themselves from it, so be it.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:59 AM

5,546 posts, read 6,874,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
What 'prevention'? It's already illegal, if that doesn't stop them, what will? Some might think this sounds harsh but...they're obviously defective. If they choose to improve the gene pool by removing themselves from it, so be it.
I think prevention means that the critical people in their lives need to help guide them as parents, friends, collegues, etc. Making something illegal is hardly a proactive measure; in fact, it's the exact opposite sometimes.

In terms of something more organized that can help with prevention measures, I don't know. Unfortunately, many people in society lack good parents, good/honest friends, etc. I don't know what the answer is.

Old 12-14-2012, 12:34 PM

2,538 posts, read 4,711,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
That drug eats people alive. I'm pro-legalization of maryjane and some other drugs. Not that one.

They need to keep meth illegal so the cops can lock up these people who need help getting away from it. When the system locks up a pothead for a year, it's a waste of resources IMHO. When they lock up a meth head for a year, they are potentially saving a life.
Remember though that Meth was basically legal up until the mid 80s. It was only when it was made illegal and the crack down began that usage skyrocketed. Make something illegal and the price goes up. The price goes up, more people will produce and push it.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:10 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,772,817 times
Oh, but don't those Meth Chicks/Zombie Girls have such flawlessly-plucked eyebrows? Everything else may have gone to hell, but ya gotta have those eyebrows just right...

I can't believe the photo of the girl who looks like she just MELTED.

Actually, I had a personal trainer who got hooked on Meth while "getting ripped" for a bodybuilding competition. They used to use Cocaine. But lots of BBs get hooked that way. So stupid!!!! Anyway, the collagen in his skin is gone. Makes his arms super vascular. He's supposedly clean, now, but still... Once the blush of youth is gone, he's gonna look seriously awful. So, apparently, even a year or so on Meth will destroy your collagen.

I wish though, that they'd had photos of the people before they ever started Meth. The 'before' shots look more like 'early', to me.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:25 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,461,491 times
Its a addiction and with meth its seems like most people cant handle it.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:27 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
Its a addiction and with meth its seems like most people cant handle it.
They say meth has a pull like no other drug, the weak become addicts almost immediately.

Old 12-14-2012, 05:08 PM

5,652 posts, read 19,351,543 times
Yes, I had a relative that was into meth. She rehabbed eventually, but lost a lot of her teeth in the process. She looked like real sh*t for a while. She actually had to move across the country to kick it, get entirely out of the whole scene. GREAT site, I will show my teen. Yes, anti-drug information needs to be exceedingly graphic to be effective.

The big drug around here in the highschools now is heroin. We are near a big metro area and all the kids are just $15 away and 15 miles away from getting access to it. It is a huge problem.

Old 12-14-2012, 09:55 PM

2,873 posts, read 5,851,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
Oh, but don't those Meth Chicks/Zombie Girls have such flawlessly-plucked eyebrows? Everything else may have gone to hell, but ya gotta have those eyebrows just right...

I can't believe the photo of the girl who looks like she just MELTED.
Those are burns and skin grafts...I assume it must have been from a meth lab explosion. I've seen pictures of her later on, after more reconstructive surgery, where she looked much more normal (but nothing like she previously did)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime