Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 12:33 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,712,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I've seen a couple of photos of him and his head had a very awkward shape. Do you think he could have had forceps damage or something?

I read an interview with his old barber and the barber said some outrageous things that got the commenters going, but what struck me was that the barber said that when he tried to engage the kid in conversation, the mother would jump in before the kid could even answer.

Is this one of those Norman Bates (fictional, I know) type cases of a domineering mother wreaking havok on her offsping? She was his first kill in the rampage.

- Well she got 24,000$ a month to care for him + medical coverage paid by father
- did not go to support groups but would go to social scenes
- left a 20 year old that wasnt allowed to cook for himself in a house full of guns alone for days

They ended up donating his body to a DNA study:
Geneticists studying Connecticut shooter's DNA - CNN.com

I agree with you on his head being shaped abnormally. In the picture of him in the above link he looks like he is starving to death which can also make anyone snap.

I think she was in denial or tried to hide how bad it was. Kids that need to live in supervised care due to mental health issues are not going to "fit in" (an obsession of hers). Cutting off conversations and contact is the worst thing you can do to anyone let alone an autistic child. They need extra practice at socialization. Maybe she knew he would blurt out something that would get him taken away along with her 24,000 so she just butted in to prevent the discovery. We will never know.

The kid looks so ill in that photo like he NEEDS to be checked into a clinic just for weight gain.
Weight can be one of those issues with severe mental health issues.
I just don't get how you could look at his face and think you don't need to do more than babysit him some of the time.

Where/when is that photo from?
Anyone know?

Last edited by Opsimathia; 12-30-2012 at 12:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2012, 01:01 PM

121 posts, read 301,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
- Well she got 24,000$ a month to care for him + medical coverage paid by father
- did not go to support groups but would go to social scenes
- left a 20 year old that wasnt allowed to cook for himself in a house full of guns alone for days

They ended up donating his body to a DNA study:
Geneticists studying Connecticut shooter's DNA - CNN.com

I agree with you on his head being shaped abnormally. In the picture of him in the above link he looks like he is starving to death which can also make anyone snap.

I think she was in denial or tried to hide how bad it was. Kids that need to live in supervised care due to mental health issues are not going to "fit in" (an obsession of hers). Cutting off conversations and contact is the worst thing you can do to anyone let alone an autistic child. They need extra practice at socialization. Maybe she knew he would blurt out something that would get him taken away along with her 24,000 so she just butted in to prevent the discovery. We will never know.

The kid looks so ill in that photo like he NEEDS to be checked into a clinic just for weight gain.
Weight can be one of those issues with severe mental health issues.
I just don't get how you could look at his face and think you don't need to do more than babysit him some of the time.

Where/when is that photo from?
Anyone know?

note to poster. the family DID NOT donate, sell ,or even claim Adam Lanza's body. He is going to be cremated if the family does not claim him

Adam Lanza will be cremated in secret and his remains hidden ...

www.mirror.co.uk/.../adam-lanza-will-be-cremated-in-secret-and-his-...
Dec 23, 2012 – School gun maniac Adam Lanza is to be cremated in secret to stop ... If the family do not claim Lanza's body or refuse to identify him, then it is ...

The photo you are reffering to was taken when he was 15 an not current . He did not look like that before he died.

Old 12-30-2012, 01:24 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,762,019 times
Lanza was still basically a teenager and may have been schizophrenic on top of it -- both groups look pretty underfed as a rule. Everyone keeps hinting around that he was psychotic.

The way he holds his lips closed suggests to me that he had bad teeth, which would also distort the shape of his face.

Old 12-30-2012, 01:29 PM

Interesting i have yet to hear if he was on Rx or illegal drugs via biopsy. Nor has a family doctor MD or Ph.D come to light. Makes you wonder ....... its possible maybe he was not under any medical care and was not taking any Rx.... Not sure if that is child / adult abuse when you know your child is sick and needs MD visits and Rx.

Not sure how it works maybe he has to be claimed first in order to autopsy and have doctors comment on his medical records

Old 12-30-2012, 01:35 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,762,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAT KRIS View Post
Interesting i have yet to hear if he was on Rx or illegal drugs via biopsy. Nor has a family doctor MD or Ph.D come to light. Makes you wonder ....... its possible maybe he was not under any medical care and was not taking any Rx.... Not sure if that is child / adult abuse when you know your child is sick and needs MD visits and Rx.

Not sure how it works maybe he has to be claimed first in order to autopsy and have doctors comment on his medical records

I think they usually need a clear ID before they'll start on an autopsy. If nobody claims the body, maybe they haven't even GOT a positive ID yet. Nobody has mentioned anything about prescribed or street drugs, and that's an excellent point Pat!

Old 12-30-2012, 05:29 PM

1,424 posts, read 5,337,516 times
They already did the autopsy and toxicology is either underway or done. That doesn't mean info in this ongoing investigation will be released to the public imminently. And I don't think info about the disposition of his remains will ever be shared with the public.

Old 12-30-2012, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by didee View Post
They already did the autopsy and toxicology is either underway or done. That doesn't mean info in this ongoing investigation will be released to the public imminently. And I don't think info about the disposition of his remains will ever be shared with the public.
Do you have link that states this? i have yet to hear this all they keep saying is the body has not been claimed/id'd

Old 12-30-2012, 06:40 PM

1,424 posts, read 5,337,516 times
I don't, but just google his name and the words autopsy results. Vance (CSP) announced it during one of his media briefings on that Sunday, if I recall correctly.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by didee View Post
I don't, but just google his name and the words autopsy results. Vance (CSP) announced it during one of his media briefings on that Sunday, if I recall correctly.
now that you mentioned the press conf. I recall Vance talking to the press he said he was going to work on the Mother and Son on Monday............

Yeah i notice when ever a celeb dies like Whitney an the dude that was austrailia and od on pills had a baby with Michelle WIlliams for get that guys name.... well i recall them saying the tox reports take about 6-8 weeks.

Old 12-31-2012, 05:52 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
This is so sad

Families make final visit to Newtown memorial - Las Vegas Sun News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime