Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 07:33 PM

4,267 posts, read 6,182,741 times

Advertisements

There were no reports of a hunter in the woods behind the school. The police scanner feed said that they had a suspect "proned" which means, laying on the ground. This person was taken into custody and was being questioned according to law enforcement. This was widely reported. It was world news. He was not let go at the school. The police don't need to remember to tell the media because it is the media's job to follow up. Instead of following up they have scrubbed their reports clean of any mention of the second shooter. They have not followed up even to say, "oops, we mis-reported". Just silence. And it's not like people haven't been asking for some kind of explanation.

Last edited by Dorthy; 01-07-2013 at 07:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 07:42 PM

2,873 posts, read 5,851,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
There were no reports of a hunter in the woods behind the school. The police scanner feed said that they had a suspect "proned" which means, laying on the ground. This person was taken into custody and was being questioned according to law enforcement. This was widely reported. It was world news. He was not let go at the school. The police don't need to remember to tell the media because it is the media's job to follow up.
According to what I'm finding (and I will freely admit that I may have mixed up the 'hunter' part with reports of people think the first bursts of gunfire were from hunters), witnesses reported seeing police lead a man out of the woods in cuffs and to a police car. Yet as you say above, there are also reports of a man being cuffed on the ground. So...different men?

Old 01-07-2013, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParallelJJCat View Post
According to what I'm finding (and I will freely admit that I may have mixed up the 'hunter' part with reports of people think the first bursts of gunfire were from hunters), witnesses reported seeing police lead a man out of the woods in cuffs and to a police car. Yet as you say above, there are also reports of a man being cuffed on the ground. So...different men?
The man who was "proned" was caught in the woods and then led out of the woods in handcuffs and seen by witnesses who reported that he was wearing a black shirt and camo pants and yelled, "I didn't do it" as he was led to the police car. There is proof of this man being taken into custody. There were eyewitness reports of other suspects at Sandy Hook but this is the only account that can be considered credible as it is corroborated by multiple sources.

This is the first I've heard of witnesses thinking that the first shots were from hunters.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:05 PM

Quote:
The man who was "proned" was caught in the woods and then led out of the woods in handcuffs and seen by witnesses who reported that he was wearing a black shirt and camo pants and yelled, "I didn't do it" as he was led to the police car. There is proof of this man being taken into custody. There were eyewitness reports of other suspects at Sandy Hook but this is the only account that can be considered credible as it is corroborated by multiple sources.
Students reported seeing a man pinned down to the ground wearing handcuffs at the firehouse...that's what I'm referring to.

One of the fathers of the children in the school was briefly detained and cuffed after attempting to get into the school (Chris Manfredonia). Could this account for these reports?

(The man who harbored the children at his home is quoted as saying when he first heard shooting, he thought it was from hunters in the woods.)

Old 01-07-2013, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Students reported seeing a man pinned down to the ground wearing handcuffs at the firehouse...that's what I'm referring to.

One of the fathers of the children in the school was briefly detained and cuffed after attempting to get into the school (Chris Manfredonia). Could this account for these reports?
Not the man reportedly seen at the firehouse and not Chris Manfredonia either.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Not the man reportedly seen at the firehouse and not Chris Manfredonia either.
Can you give any evidence that proves otherwise? I'm not being argumentative, I'm honestly curious.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Can you give any evidence that proves otherwise? I'm not being argumentative, I'm honestly curious.
I can't prove anything but the explanation that the person pulled from the woods being Chris Manfredonia does not add up. If he was trying to get to his daughter in the school, why would he be hiding in the woods, dressed in camo and black (the description witnesses gave of the shooter(s))? Chris Manfredonia was said to have been briefly cuffed and then released at the scene after attempting to go into the school. The man taken from the woods was taken into custody and undergoing questioning according to law enforcement. Chris Manfredonia is described as short and stocky. Witness' describe the person arrested in the woods as tall and slim.

I don't see how the person seen at the firehouse could have later been seen being led out of the woods by police. It just doesn't make sense to me.

That said, anything is possible.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:58 PM

Quote:
I can't prove anything but the explanation that the person pulled from the woods being Chris Manfredonia does not add up. If he was trying to get to his daughter in the school, why would he be hiding in the woods, dressed in camo and black (the description witnesses gave of the shooter(s))? Chris Manfredonia was said to have been briefly cuffed and then released at the scene after attempting to go into the school. The man taken from the woods was taken into custody and undergoing questioning according to law enforcement. Chris Manfredonia is described as short and stocky. Witness' describe the person arrested in the woods as tall and slim.

I don't see how the person seen at the firehouse could have later been seen being led out of the woods by police. It just doesn't make sense to me.

That said, anything is possible.
Well, being in the woods doesn't mean hiding in the woods....if the woods were next to the school and he was trying to find a way in, he may have just been passing through the woods. Or indeed hiding in them hoping the cops would move and allow him a path to the building. I guess it depends on exactly how close the woods are to the school.

And the cameo and black clothing keeps getting brought up as evidence (not just here) of this mysterious person being up to no good, as if no one ever routinely wears cameo. One of my favorite outfits used to be a cameo top and cameo shorts. I have a cameo sleep shirt. Wearing cameo and black can be a simple fashion choice, not proof of nefarious intent.

I can't find anything saying Manfredonia saying he was released at the school (and it's possible I'm just not looking in the right places), only that he was briefly detained, which can mean several things. And again eye witness accounts can be very unreliable, so his descriptions not matching accounts isn't proof positive of much.

I'm not saying the man was definitely Manfredonia, only that there are always alternative explanations.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Well, being in the woods doesn't mean hiding in the woods....if the woods were next to the school and he was trying to find a way in, he may have just been passing through the woods. Or indeed hiding in them hoping the cops would move and allow him a path to the building. I guess it depends on exactly how close the woods are to the school.

And the cameo and black clothing keeps getting brought up as evidence (not just here) of this mysterious person being up to no good, as if no one ever routinely wears cameo. One of my favorite outfits used to be a cameo top and cameo shorts. I have a cameo sleep shirt. Wearing cameo and black can be a simple fashion choice, not proof of nefarious intent.

I can't find anything saying Manfredonia saying he was released at the school (and it's possible I'm just not looking in the right places), only that he was briefly detained, which can mean several things. And again eye witness accounts can be very unreliable, so his descriptions not matching accounts isn't proof positive of much.

I'm not saying the man was definitely Manfredonia, only that there are always alternative explanations.
The reason why the camo/black outfit is so important is because that is the same outfit that the shooter(s) were reported to be wearing. It's awfully coincidental that the man in the woods was wearing this same outfit on this same day. It doesn't make sense to me in any way shape or form that he was hanging out in the woods, passing through the woods, hiding in the woods, what have you. In the aerial footage the police had to go pretty far into the woods after whoever it was they were chasing. It was not just a person standing on the fringe waiting for a break to rush inside the school.

There are always alternative explanations. I'm just finding way too many oddities in this case to believe that everything is a coincidence or a mistake. There are just too many.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:07 AM

11,760 posts, read 14,652,372 times
One thing we know for sure, and is borne out by scientific research, is that pretty much the least reliable form of evidence is eyewitness testimony.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime