Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2013, 12:36 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,965,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Great post, CW.

I honestly don't know or have forgotten about the ring. Can you tell me more?

Wasn't ARIAS just a Stocking Stuffer (NOT)

I thought she went into his phone too, not just the email and Facebook, which is why many question if she wrote some of those comments to herself.

That's a bad visual you paint, CW, about Nurmi. Maybe the guy needs allergy help or tissue. At least HE has shown up and not had to have a day off. I can't comment about Nurmi not being a crotch scratcher.... cuz I'm laughing too hard.

MSR
I am not a legal expert but I assume when certain evidence is not allowed it's done prior to the trial by the court/judge along with the DT and Prosecution. Probably involves a lot of arguing between the lawyers.

You are aware the dad's video with the police officer was not included as evidence in the trial for whatever reason ... and Juan Martinez got 9 seconds of it in when he cross examined ALV. The judge didn't stop him but Willmott did object to the video.

Same with the ring. Travis had a ring supposedly an engagement ring he never gave some girl ... not Arias. I don't recall if the name of the girl was mentioned. But after Willmott cross examined Dr. DeMarte and then Juan had his recross and got in that Arias stole Travis Alexander's ring. Of course Willmott objected but this was the first time stealing a ring was mentioned ... sidebar and Juan had to change the verbiage from steal to took Mr. Alexander's ring.

This is Day 50 - Part 4 move over to the 50:50 mark and stealing the ring is brought to the table. This is the first mention of the ring stealing allowed in the trial and the judge did allow it ... using Arias TOOK the ring not stealing. LOL In all the images online there is a picture of Travis holding up his hand with the ring on that she TOOK. In the same video at the 1:24 mark the hiding behind a Christmas Tree at Travis' home to spy on him.

Jodi Arias Trial - Day 50 - Part 4 - YouTube

In this video, Travis Alexander's Original Memorial Service move slide to 6:04 and that is the ring she took. It's in several pictures in the Memorial Service and all pictures shown are before Arais was in his life.

Travis Alexander (Original) Memorial Video - YouTube

Last edited by CarolinaWoman; 04-22-2013 at 01:04 AM..

Old 04-22-2013, 12:44 AM

5,333 posts, read 8,542,738 times
I think in longer trials, jurors who are not retired, on UI, or some form of disability (SSDI, etc), should be paid minimum wage for all hours they are in the courtroom.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
I think in longer trials, jurors who are not retired, on UI, or some form of disability (SSDI, etc), should be paid minimum wage for all hours they are in the courtroom.
In our state once you retire (62) you are no longer called for jury duty and to me that would or should be prime candidates for jury duty. Also in our state the employer has to pay you your salary less the amount the court paid you. But we didn't get to ask questions, which I really like. It opens up areas the attorneys can't go into without a juror asking the question.

I would love jury duty ... I enjoyed serving and at that time the state drew names from registered voters only. That changed in recent years and now they draw jurors from drivers license registrations.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:09 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,644,605 times
Why is there no trail today?

Old 04-22-2013, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Why is there no trail today?

A couple of weeks ago a juror sent a request to the judge advising he/she needed either 4/22 or 4/23 off. The judge announced that in the courtroom and said she would discuss it with the DT and Prosecution and advise. Apparently all agreed on today. I am sure the juror had some sort of documentation verifying why he/she needed to be off.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:32 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,338,482 times
Well I just came home and turned on HLN and then about the same time pulled up this thread to find out there is no trial today,man this thing is moving like a freakin snail! Does anyone know what comes next. Is it closing arguments or is there going to be more witnesses for the state or def?

Old 04-22-2013, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowchaser2002 View Post
Well I just came home and turned on HLN and then about the same time pulled up this thread to find out there is no trial today,man this thing is moving like a freakin snail! Does anyone know what comes next. Is it closing arguments or is there going to be more witnesses for the state or def?
According to the Maricopa County Court Case Info on 4/15 STATE'S SIXTEENTH SUPPLEMENTAL LIST OF WITNESSES ... so since that is plural maybe there is more to come.

Criminal Court Case Information - Case History

It would not surprise me to see on the stand a Walmart manager from the California store where Arias bought gas can #3 and she said she returned it. But in cross I don't think Juan would bring up "would it surprise you if the Walmart store has no record of a return of that gas can."

I just read ... UNCONFIRMED: The DT may bring in a proposed surrebuttal witness, Dr Robert Geffner [colleague of LaViolette] to rebut Dr DeMarte on BPD.

Last edited by CarolinaWoman; 04-22-2013 at 04:05 PM..

Old 04-22-2013, 04:17 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,967,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
I might have said it before on this thread, I just don't believe in the DP for women unless she's murdered children or a serial thing.
Huh???

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaJhgLcXJ7o

Last edited by RiverBird; 04-22-2013 at 04:50 PM..

Old 04-22-2013, 05:10 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,338,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
According to the Maricopa County Court Case Info on 4/15 STATE'S SIXTEENTH SUPPLEMENTAL LIST OF WITNESSES ... so since that is plural maybe there is more to come.

Criminal Court Case Information - Case History

It would not surprise me to see on the stand a Walmart manager from the California store where Arias bought gas can #3 and she said she returned it. But in cross I don't think Juan would bring up "would it surprise you if the Walmart store has no record of a return of that gas can."

I just read ... UNCONFIRMED: The DT may bring in a proposed surrebuttal witness, Dr Robert Geffner [colleague of LaViolette] to rebut Dr DeMarte on BPD.
Thanks for the reply! Seriously though I am so sick of this DT and their antics...I know everyone deserves a vigorous defense and all but that does not mean I have to like how they are killing the victim over and over again. If this Dr.Robert Geffner does testify at least we can see Juan carve him up like a turkey during cross. I am just reminded that there is only going to be 3 days this week of court.If it continues at this pace depending on the verdict it could go on until Memorial Day.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:27 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
If this trial drags on any longer they are not going to have to sentence Jodi to death..........she is going to die of old age.

Don
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime