Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2013, 12:00 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
Why twice as many men? NOT GOOD. They may go so far as to even acquit her! Most likely manslaughter at worst. The men will fall for the "slim and pretty" defendant's act. I wish I were on that jury.

she's not attractive in any way in my opinion - she was when she was bleached and tanned. But now, she's a lying monster that needs lethal inj.

Old 05-04-2013, 12:11 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,962,389 times
JMHO ... Arias had Plan A and Plan B ...

Plan A: Go to Mesa, covering all her tracks and convince Travis she loved him ... they belonged together ... taking a nap resting up ... then the sex-a-thon. No she didn't kill him while he was sleeping perhaps they had not discussed the Cancun trip and Arias thoughts on their future together. I would think they talked about the Cancun trip perhaps after the sex-a-thon ... who knows they may have been discussing the "I am going to Cancun with Misty" while he was getting in the shower ... but I do think he was adamant with Arias. Travis was going to Cancun with Misty and Arias was not going to Cancun.

Plan B: Arias came prepared for Plan B just in case Travis wouldn't fall into her "live happily ever after trap."

This was not a "heat of passion murder." Plan B was well planned by Arias in case Plan A fell apart. This was Arias last ditch effort to have Travis Alexander for her very own.

Also, if anyone follows or belongs to that website Jodie Is Innocent ... the Arias family has asked people not to send money to that website. The family requests money be sent direct to them not the website.

I always wonder about the websites that appear ... Caylee Anthony send money was a hoax. There is another site to send money for the Alexander family. Just beware if you consider sending money to the websites.

Old 05-04-2013, 01:07 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
You are absolutely correct, I can see the sequence of events. Travis and Jodi had sex, napped, then he went in to take a shower. Jodi goes in and starts talking with him while taking pictures. The subject turns to "So, Travis, are you going to still take Misty to Cancun, or can I go." Travis informs her that nothing has changed so she goes in, gets the gun and knife, and the rest is history.

Obviously, I wasn't there, but logic kind of tells me that roughly is what happened. She was holding out hope until the final moments and the realization finally hit her so she killed him.

Don

Old 05-04-2013, 01:21 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,962,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
You are absolutely correct, I can see the sequence of events. Travis and Jodi had sex, napped, then he went in to take a shower. Jodi goes in and starts talking with him while taking pictures. The subject turns to "So, Travis, are you going to still take Misty to Cancun, or can I go." Travis informs her that nothing has changed so she goes in, gets the gun and knife, and the rest is history.

Obviously, I wasn't there, but logic kind of tells me that roughly is what happened. She was holding out hope until the final moments and the realization finally hit her so she killed him.

Don
I really believe that too ... she thought she could talk him into taking her to Cancun ... actually she wanted the married with children and happily ever after with Travis.

We know she is smart and her mind was working ... I can do this and everything will be a-ok we will go to Cancun ... or Travis will not be going to Cancun.

I always wonder if she was screaming as she stabbed him and slashed his throat or was she crying or just a stealth attack quietly killing him ... of course with the 'fog' we will never know.

Old 05-04-2013, 01:28 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,557,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
she's not attractive in any way in my opinion - she was when she was bleached and tanned. But now, she's a lying monster that needs lethal inj.
It'll never happen.
Mark my words.

Old 05-04-2013, 01:48 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,195,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
This suspense waiting for the verdict is driving me nuts. (Not a far drive, according to some people ) I wonder what day they will finally reach it ?

Don
I wonder how quickly they'll reach a verdict? A quick verdict will either be a full aquittal or 1st DM.

Old 05-04-2013, 01:58 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Sadly, I don't see death coming either. But even if someone gets the death penalty it usually takes something like 12-15 years to happen because of appeals and all that stuff. In the mean time the tax payers will be supporting her and her defense team as the justice system grinds along.

Don

Old 05-04-2013, 02:09 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,166,275 times
In order for the jury to recommend the death penalty over LWOP, they have to find that there was an aggravating factor, in this case cruelty. While cruelty may be somewhat ambiguous, I would say that 29 stab wounds, near decapitation and a gunshot to the head is rather cruel. The jury will also look at mitigating factors. Jodi doesn't have a prior record, that's about the only thing in her favor I can think of. She has a normal IQ, no mental illness (personality disorders are not mental illness), she has shown no remorse, there is no proof that she was ever abused or was under emotional/mental duress, she continues to display vindictiveness in her actions. She is still posting derogatory things on Twitter about JM. I think she is a good candidate for the DP.

Old 05-04-2013, 03:23 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,431,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
In order for the jury to recommend the death penalty over LWOP, they have to find that there was an aggravating factor, in this case cruelty. While cruelty may be somewhat ambiguous, I would say that 29 stab wounds, near decapitation and a gunshot to the head is rather cruel. The jury will also look at mitigating factors. Jodi doesn't have a prior record, that's about the only thing in her favor I can think of. She has a normal IQ, no mental illness (personality disorders are not mental illness), she has shown no remorse, there is no proof that she was ever abused or was under emotional/mental duress, she continues to display vindictiveness in her actions. She is still posting derogatory things on Twitter about JM. I think she is a good candidate for the DP.
Good post fruitlassis.

I don't know AZ law so I'm uncertain if using 3 methods to murder TA would count?

It doesn't matter which she did first, second or third- ARIAS admitted to killing him. Would a bullet to the frontal lobe area of the brain (head), stabbing him 29 times and/or slashing his neck from ear to ear down to the level of his spine be enough for aggravating circumstances?

Will the jury have to factor she admitted killing vs. denying it with her DNA and other evidence proving she murdered him? Or is that more likely to be seen as " lawyering" getting her to admit she did thinking they could get a plea?

What about the 4 women on Death's Row in AZ., one of which Juan Martinez prosecuted. Theoretically, who is in more danger- the 4 there from ARIAS or ARIAS from them?

Watching convicted felons interact with each can be very enlightening. Regardless of what the jailmates think of her and her singing..... Prison is entirely different. If anyone has ever visited someone in Prison or gone to formal hearings etc. at least for me, I counted how many doors locked after me. I couldn't get out of that hearing fast enough. It may be a little "friendlier" where families and friends meet. This hearing was held in a place I hope never to see again.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us.

MSR

Old 05-04-2013, 03:53 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
I don't see a death penalty here. Life in prison. Arias will be a queen. She is manipulative enough to make prison work for her.

But, what do I know....I think Casey Anthony should be on death row now. Still shaking my head over that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime