Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2013, 04:12 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,962,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
They didn't waste any time with that! Sheriff Joe doesn't mess around!

I've only seen the abbreviated clip of JA's interview. Not sure if I could sit through the whole thing after hearing her talk about how she expects to have a "long natural life."
"CarolinaWoman ‏@CarolinaWoman50 13h

@troyhaydenfox10 I watched your interview and you fell under the spell. You have been used, abused and manipulated by Arias."

He was too much of a wuss to do the interview ... if she had the gonads to do an interview within 20 minutes of the verdict it should have been with a tough reporter not a wuss like Hayden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
Oh, I doubt it. He has always had plenty of haters but he's like Teflon. I understand some of the criticism, but I think it's just fine that he doesn't pamper the inmates.

800 to 900 a day, that's crazy. I guess that includes all the courts in Maricopa County (which is huge), but still...that's the population of a small town.

Did anyone else see Jodi's grandma stand up out of her wheelchair and sprint for the car?
I should have posted bus as plural ... they transport that many inmates to their trials at all the courthouses ... however many you have ... my little metropolis has one courthouse and one bus. LOL

I saw that video ... grandmaw was moving on ... what hypocrisy. I think when it comes time to beg for Arias life grandmaw will have the huge wad of tissues and will be rolled to the front of the court to beg and cry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowchaser2002 View Post
See that is my problem with life without porole. JA is such a narcisassistic sociopath that she would have the toughest "women" inmates protecting her and the male guards too probably. Like you said the 3 hole wonder. So I have to go with death because I know she would be locked down 23 hours aday and she said she would want death but what everyone is forgetting she would STILL be an old lady when that happens because of the appeals. So I want her to get death not because she wants it,but because she thinks she will get the needle in like a year or so when it will probably be more like 30 or 40. Sure she can still mapiulate the guards but she will not have the satisfaction of having the whole prison kissing her butt. I just get the feeling she is that good like Dr Drew said.
You are right ... if the death penalty she will sit there for years with appeals and I am sure it would be a different area than the normal general population type prisons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowchaser2002 View Post
And they will win..it's a lot easier to win civil cases vs criminal because the burden of proof is lower. Remember the Goldmans sued OJ and won of course they never saw a penny because he put all his money is other accounts. but still she does not have the connections he did!
I hope you are feeling better!

O.J. is getting a hearing he will return next week to court to ask a judge for a new trial on the grounds that his lawyer botched his case.

I am sure the Alexander family would win a Civil Case ... then if Arias gets life and continues to sell artwork the proceeds would go to the Alexander family. If Arias writes a book I don't know if Arizona has "The Son of Sam Law" but in that law the state seizes the money. I don't know if the Civil Judgement would take precedents over Son of Sam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
CW,

How does it feel to be a part of history in this trial? Probably your tweet was one of the last posted on ARIAS' Twitter Acct? Maybe Donovan will respond as I anticipate a Donovan account soon if not already in existence.

WTG! I'm proud of you tweeting such a salient point when you did :thumbs up:

MSR
Several Arias Twitter accounts have popped up now ... some mean ... some silly. But if she is in a psychiatric ward it doesn't seem to me she would have access to a telephone to call Donovan.

Because we know why, we are smart, she might hang herself on a telephone cord. Like we all believe she would ever kill someone as smart and innocent as she is ... oh I forgot and abused and PTSD.

I will never forget one part of the trial when she was on the stand and Juan asked her about her attempted suicide ... she replied like a kid "IT HURT" ... then Juan hit her with how do you think Mr. Alexander felt when ... Willmott jumps up and objects!

Old 05-10-2013, 04:17 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,962,389 times
"Dirty Little Secret" ... Nurmi said that enough.

Lifetime movies has jumped right on it and no I will not watch it after sitting through the trial I don't need anything right now but the sentencing phase.

Jodi Arias Lifetime movie shoots courtroom scenes only TWO days after verdict

Old 05-10-2013, 04:30 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Women like JA make me religious. I say a prayer to the big guy upstairs that I've never been hooked up with a Psycho woman like her.

It's hard to sit and watch her talk in her twisted world what she considers normal.

Movie title will be..... "Daughter of Silence of The Lambs".

Old 05-10-2013, 04:30 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Quote:
You're too funny, Don. Would you call for, "Advice from Convict ARIAS?"

MSR
Haha, I don't know if the show would be a success, but at least they should take a STAB at it. (sorry, I've got a cold and took too much Nyquil. )

Don

Old 05-10-2013, 05:25 PM

2,734 posts, read 4,148,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
I think it was a case of birds of a feather flock together

I am not sure if I would call that abuse but I think he used her and treated her like a disposible item.

I think she comitted first degree murder. She took a life when hers was a not in danger with premiditation What bothers me though is people and the media trying to paint Travis as a good boy. The guy was a scumbag, I even think he was a psycopath based on the way he treated Jodi and the phone conversations. Travis didn't like anybody and spoke of other people(common friends) with a lot of contempt. Good boy he wasn't.
They certainly had a toxic relationship. It was not a healthy one on either side.

You should read what some of the crazies on the Jodi Arias is Innocent site (especially the commenters) are saying. While some thought a manslaughter conviction might have been appropriate, most are so convinced of Jodi's innocence due to abuse that the server for the site was crashing when waiting for the verdict.

They HATE Travis' family and Juan (even though he was just doing his job).

They write poems to Jodi, call her "angel" and "honey", and tell her that they "love" her.

They were also selling Jodi Arias artwork to raise money for her! It's sold out! But you can still donate money!

BTW, the ones who run that site also ran the Casey Anthony Is Innocent site (they think George Anthony is the guilty party in that case).

The one thing I agree with the commenters on that site is that I do think the jury should have been sequestered.

Jodi Arias Is Innocent .com - The #1 Jodi Arias Support site! Jodi Arias trial. Jodi Arias News. Jodi Arias pics.

Old 05-10-2013, 05:38 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
It turned out that the penalty phase of the trial was interrupted by a bomb scare. They caught the guy wh phoned in the threat.
Arias isn't in a psych ward and she is not going to try to commit suicide.

It really won't make much difference if she is given the death penalty or not, except for the added expense to Arizona. If given the death penalty, she's going to be on death row for at least 20 years before she's executed, and very possibly longer than that. The only way execution can speed up is when the condemned drop their appeals, and despite what she just said, Arias won't drop any appeals. The more she appeals the more she gets to have another day in the media.

I think she will be quite happy in general population if she gets life w/o parole. I hope this is the outcome; gen pop is less than half the expense to taxpayers than death row, and it saves the Alexander family a lifetime of needing to go testify every decade when Arias comes up for parole on a simple life sentence. Each appearance would allow Arias to dig the knife in a little deeper, and the Alexanders don't deserve that in any way.

Old 05-10-2013, 08:14 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,965,507 times
Quote:
I don't know which is worse...Lifetime doing this or HLN.

Wonder who they will have play Nancy Grace? Maybe a cameo?

MSR
That clown will probably play herself

Old 05-10-2013, 08:29 PM

8,632 posts, read 12,990,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
The only thing that could top that would be if Casey Anthony was starring in the movie.

Old 05-10-2013, 09:01 PM

9,908 posts, read 9,579,736 times
do you think jodi arias was doing self defense in killing that guy, like if he was a wife beater? Was he wife beater?

Old 05-10-2013, 09:02 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,166,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
It turned out that the penalty phase of the trial was interrupted by a bomb scare. They caught the guy wh phoned in the threat.
Arias isn't in a psych ward and she is not going to try to commit suicide.
The bomb threat wasn't related to the postponement. It was simply a Tweet sent by an idiot Wednesday night, and the idiot was arrested at a hotel in north Phoenix on Thursday. Court went on as per usual and there was a closed hearing Thursday afternoon, with the penalty phase postponed. JA is still in the psych ward as far as I know.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/m...postponed.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime