Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2013, 10:04 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,156,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
do you think jodi arias was doing self defense in killing that guy, like if he was a wife beater? Was he wife beater?
Oh dear. You have a lot of catching up to do. But the short answer is NO and NO.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:49 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,329,915 times
After this verdict I took a few days away from TV and all internet to decompress at the spa! I feel wonderful too..after this 4 month trial we all need to go to the day spa to get that icky JA off us. On the day after the verdict I was listening to "bob and sherri in the morning" Im not sure if they are national or not but they are a morning radio duo that I usually listen too. Anyways I have never heard them talk about the JA case at all until Weds and the things they said were shocking to me. JUst shocking because they too feel the same way most of us feel and both of them did not watch one day of the trial. Sherri made the comment that she took one look at Jodi and just chills running up and down her back. Bob said she looked like white=trash sociopath. And I could not believe they slammed HLN as bad as they did. I kind of always though media usually protected one another.lol I am just glad that everyone seems to be in agreement usually about this trial. So how long until HLN goes bottom up?

I can tell you one thing that really made me mad was when jeankasaurus ran behind the Arias family. I mean I don't like them one bit..but If I was JA mom I would decked that skinny b*tch! And I use to like her. So that leaves Beth Karas as the only one I can tolerate. I have decided out of this trial I will only watch Juan make his presentations(how ever many they are)I will watch Travis family get up at victim impact statements and I will watch to see if she gets like or death. I really think she will get death and I hope she does. After this last delay I think this trial could still be going on Mid June...I mean delay after delay But then again I don't know how long each of these next 2 phases will last.

Old 05-11-2013, 12:05 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,918,991 times
^^^^^Snowchaser, Whatever happened yesterday, no one knows but Dr. Hunt the Medical Examiner was there ready to testify for the aggravation phase. Dr. Hunt can't return until the 15th and Juan needs him to testify in the aggravation phase. Dr. Hunt will be able to show and prove "Cruel Manner" ... Arizona law defines "cruel manner" as when a victim suffered physical pain or mental anguish and the defendant knew, or should have known, that the victim would suffer.

Nurmi filed a motion the night of the conviction that Travis Alexander’s family record their statements on video instead of making them in-person when the sentencing phase begins. Ms. Arias requests that any and all victim impact evidence be presented to the court via videotape so as to prevent any unpredictable outburst.

She was on the stand for 18 days, live and lying ... now she wants the Alexander family and others to be videotaped! I sure hope Judge Stepens denies this motion.

Old 05-11-2013, 12:33 AM

1,815 posts, read 3,156,257 times
Did anyone watch Dateline tonight? There was nothing that most of us would find new...several minor errors that irked me (Josh Mankiewicz kept calling Travis her boyfriend for one, and he said Alyce Laviolette's testimony was "calm and measured" ) They talked to Michael Kiefer, a local journalist I can't stand - he always comes off very pro-defense. Donavan was interviewed briefly...I never saw her on the large tv screen before as I always stream the trial on my laptop. The camera is NOT kind to her. I wonder if she gave Jodi herpes or vice versa???

edit - Good for you snowchaser2002 taking a break. I have been catching up on chores and shopping...I have never let myself get consumed by a trial like this, and I'm glad it is coming to an end but I still won't miss a moment of it until it does. Gotta see Dr. Handsome, I mean Dr. Horn again.

Old 05-11-2013, 12:47 AM

^^ ^^^ Fruitlassie ... Donovan and Arias were cellmates in the beginning. You know and I know Arias is manipulating her too.

I didn't watch Dateline. I wonder how Alyce LaViolette is taking the verdict news. She will probably show up on some TV show interview.

Convicted Murderer Jodi Arias

Old 05-11-2013, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
^^^^^Snowchaser, Whatever happened yesterday, no one knows but Dr. Hunt the Medical Examiner was there ready to testify for the aggravation phase. Dr. Hunt can't return until the 15th and Juan needs him to testify in the aggravation phase. Dr. Hunt will be able to show and prove "Cruel Manner" ... Arizona law defines "cruel manner" as when a victim suffered physical pain or mental anguish and the defendant knew, or should have known, that the victim would suffer.

Nurmi filed a motion the night of the conviction that Travis Alexander’s family record their statements on video instead of making them in-person when the sentencing phase begins. Ms. Arias requests that any and all victim impact evidence be presented to the court via videotape so as to prevent any unpredictable outburst.

She was on the stand for 18 days, live and lying ... now she wants the Alexander family and others to be videotaped! I sure hope Judge Stepens denies this motion.
Oh dear Lord above!!! I hope the judge denies that as well... there are just no words...unpredictable outbursts? I have never ever heard of a judge doing victim impact statements like that so I just can't believe that will happen. Can you imagine how long they will last considering all of those who loved Travis? and I hope the judge don't limit the time...lord knows she hasn't limited the time any other time since January. This trial....this court....this girl......she is driving me cray cray!!

Old 05-11-2013, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowchaser2002 View Post
Oh dear Lord above!!! I hope the judge denies that as well... there are just no words...unpredictable outbursts? I have never ever heard of a judge doing victim impact statements like that so I just can't believe that will happen. Can you imagine how long they will last considering all of those who loved Travis? and I hope the judge don't limit the time...lord knows she hasn't limited the time any other time since January. This trial....this court....this girl......she is driving me cray cray!!
Me too the, she doesn't want to face them in person ... she is the star of this show. The Alexander family and others deserve their time when victim impart statements are made. Arias will have people there begging for her life and I am sure Nurmi didn't ask that they be videotaped too.

Nothing surprises me with Arias anymore. She thinks she is the Queen of Phoenix.

Old 05-11-2013, 02:31 AM

I did not know of any of this until now. It's just a shock after months of day in day out news then the 3 days I took off from this case was so nice..well it's almost over for us at least. My heart just breaks for the Alexander family. losing a loved one is hard... but this way, and by her, and how she still is murdering him over and over. Its just not right! I guess the only peace they have is the people across the country who have reached out to them and supported them through this hopefully that has help make this somewhat better.

Old 05-11-2013, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowchaser2002 View Post
I did not know of any of this until now. It's just a shock after months of day in day out news then the 3 days I took off from this case was so nice..well it's almost over for us at least. My heart just breaks for the Alexander family. losing a loved one is hard... but this way, and by her, and how she still is murdering him over and over. Its just not right! I guess the only peace they have is the people across the country who have reached out to them and supported them through this hopefully that has help make this somewhat better.
I am just curious about what kind of tricks Arias will pull on the 15th to get out or delay court. Since she is in a psych ward and somehow manipulates a doc that she can't go back to the courthouse. Watching that interview with the reporter at Fox 10 in Phoenix, Hayden, she manipulated him. They will just need to dope her up and send her on to court.

Did you see the poor poor grandmaw video Fruitlassie posted ... poor grandmaw in the wheel chair and after the verdict leaving the court room, Jinkasaurus is chasing them down ... grandmaw gets out of that wheel chair and runs to the car ... she could run a marathon. When they beg for Arias life, grandmaw will be wheeled in with a wad of tissue and pushed to the front of the courtroom to plead for Arias life.

Of course I would run too if Jinkasaurus was chasing me. LOL I like Beth Karas she is the only professional left in that crew. She is a lovely lady and really tries to get the facts straight.

I still think if Arias gets a life sentence, they need to put a TV in there with Nancy Grace running 24/7. What a punishment!!!!

Old 05-11-2013, 09:16 AM

9,881 posts, read 9,483,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
Oh dear. You have a lot of catching up to do. But the short answer is NO and NO.
You are right, i haven't been watching this thoroughly. I know that she did kill the man brutally. I am not feeling sorry for her. But she has a face that "looks" like she would not be that kind of person. I think I can't wrap my brain around the fact that someone can do this.

And I keep remembering that one of her claims was that she was abused by him allegedly.. (maybe she made that part up too)...

I think my watching her on tv.. all i thought of is, since i haven't been following - was she the victim of a wife battering, like that TV movie The Burning Bed and others. and now she is going to be put to death because of her crimes, and what if she was a victim and now put to death? I'm sorry this is what was going thru my head..

I apologize to anyone I am offending by my questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime