Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2013, 05:20 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,167,234 times

Advertisements

^^^ Let's see, what's worse...lying about virginity vs. lying about murdering someone, lying about that person being an abuser and pedophile, lying about people that never existed, lying to cops, lying under oath, lying to pretty much everyone she ever came into contact with.

She also lied about wanting the death penalty since her lawyers filed a motion the very next morning trying to get the death penalty taken off the table (it was denied).

Old 05-14-2013, 08:09 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Okay, we get that she's a pathological liar and discern the facts of the case from the fiction.

Old 05-14-2013, 11:26 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,966,721 times
The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office was slapped with a court order Tuesday prohibiting it from approaching Jodi Arias with requests for media interviews.

Sheriff's officials said they would comply.

On Monday, Arias was taken off suicide watch and transferred back to the all-female Estrella Jail.

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio said Arias will remain there "on closed custody status." She is alone in a cell and is being allowed out one hour each day to access phone calls and showers.

Judge to MCSO: Don't approach Arias with media requests - CBS 5 - KPHO

In addition one reporter (CBS5az) posted Judge Stephens has denied Nurmi's motion that the victim's impact statements be video taped. The victims will speak live in court.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:32 AM

1,084 posts, read 2,056,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office was slapped with a court order Tuesday prohibiting it from approaching Jodi Arias with requests for media interviews.

On Monday, Arias was taken off suicide watch and transferred back to the all-female Estrella Jail.

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio said Arias will remain there "on closed custody status." She is alone in a cell and is being allowed out one hour each day to access phone calls and showers.

In addition one reporter (CBS5az) posted Judge Stephens has denied Nurmi's motion that the victim's impact statements be video taped. The victims will speak live in court.
I sure hope the cell is large enough so she can continue to perform her handstands....that broad sure is talented.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:48 AM

328 posts, read 682,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post

The Court Order does not stop Jodi Arrias from arranging or doing media interviews. It only is in regard to the County Sheriff arranging it.

Old 05-15-2013, 06:59 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybb View Post
The Court Order does not stop Jodi Arrias from arranging or doing media interviews. It only is in regard to the County Sheriff arranging it.
Well, since every contact Jodi will have in the future has to be first channeled through the Sheriffs Dept, that would effectively cut off any interviews. Her mail, magazines, phone calls, etc are all monitored and approved by them, so if they are prohibited from passing those along to her they will never happen.

Not a moment too soon for me.

Don

Old 05-15-2013, 08:27 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzzz01 View Post
I sure hope the cell is large enough so she can continue to perform her handstands....that broad sure is talented.
I wonder if she'll be allowed conjugal visits from her next new boyfriend.

Shame to let those talents go to waste.

Old 05-15-2013, 08:57 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,198,531 times
We will see what happens today. I know she's as guilty as sin but I STILL do not think she deserves the DDDP!

Old 05-15-2013, 10:05 AM

313 posts, read 402,083 times
Although she thinks she's smart, I don't think she is. All her actions are either short-sighted or poorly implemented, so this recent stunt of hers w/ Troy at Fox backfired on her. bet she couldn't wait to get out of the psych ward.

Although I think she deserves the DP, I have a feeling she's not going to get it

Only saving grace for now is she's not mixing w/ gen pop and is in a cell for 23 hrs w/ very limited privileges. I don't know if she'll be in a similar environment if she gets life w/o parole? If so, I'll have to live w/ that b/c it's better than what she was allowed pre-verdict.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:48 AM

1,815 posts, read 3,167,234 times
If she gets LWOP, for the first 2 years at least she will be in maximum custody, which is very similar to being on death row. After 2 years she might be allowed to move down to medium custody.

Jodi Arias verdict: What life will be like behind bars for Jodi Arias
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime