Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2013, 06:24 AM

1,257 posts, read 4,575,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
If BPD runs in families and Jodi's accusations are correct in regards to her mothers abuse, she may be BPD too. Just throwing it out there.

If you take the sisters trashing into consideration, they may be a family that thrives on drama.
Yes, according to JA herself, she kicked a family dog so hard that the dog run away and disappeared. As a dog lover, i know my dogs. If my kid kicked my dog, it will definitely look for me. It won't run away. And if my kid kicked our family dog this hard, I would definitely seek counsel to deal with the anger issue. I would do whatever takes to find out what is going on. The fact that the dog just simply run away does indicate how crazy JA was at a young age and how dysfunctional that family is. The dog didn't even look for protection within that family.

I didn't follow trial as many here did. I was just listening to radio on my way work and home. After learning from many here on the forum, I did some research. TA was brought up by his grandma with many siblings. He was a nice and happy person. He treated all his other girlfriends with respect. He did have an issue that many of us have. According to his former girl friend who has his dog now, he had commitment issue. This was the reason they broke up.

So when he decided to get way from JA, she went crazy. He as a young man didn't know how to deal with her. He even worried about her committing suicide. Then the relationship became very toxic. Well, after I accidentally saw a crime scene photo while I was doing my quick research, I have no sympathy for her, DP or not, she needs to be put away forever. I hope this serves a wake up call for many who may have emotional and mental issues here there to seek help before someone got seriously hurt.

Last edited by LingLing; 05-19-2013 at 06:55 AM..

Old 05-19-2013, 12:49 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LingLing View Post
Yes, according to JA herself, she kicked a family dog so hard that the dog run away and disappeared. As a dog lover, i know my dogs. If my kid kicked my dog, it will definitely look for me. It won't run away. And if my kid kicked our family dog this hard, I would definitely seek counsel to deal with the anger issue. I would do whatever takes to find out what is going on. The fact that the dog just simply run away does indicate how crazy JA was at a young age and how dysfunctional that family is. The dog didn't even look for protection within that family.
Didn't hear of the family pet injury. Its said, she didn't have a previous history.

Tire slicing and animal abuse are warning signs and wake up calls preceding a history.

Old 05-19-2013, 01:17 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,544,248 times
Sky and Chris Hughes will be interviewed live tonight on Tricia's True Crime Radio show ... it starts at 8pm EST / 5pm PST ... TRICIA'S TRUE CRIME RADIO SUNDAY NIGHT 8 PM EASTERN 05/19 by Websleuths | Blog Talk Radio

Old 05-19-2013, 03:00 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LingLing View Post
Yes, according to JA herself, she kicked a family dog so hard that the dog run away and disappeared.
Actually, I don't think she said that the dog ran away. She said something to the effect that 'the dog was gone'. I'd have to listen to that part again if I can find it. I know when I heard that I got the impression that she actually killed the dog, especially since I now know how she can lie and change her stories and 'forget' things that really happened. To this day, I don't think she really believes that she killed Travis...

Old 05-19-2013, 03:29 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,437,735 times
Quote:
Didn't hear of the family pet injury. Its said, she didn't have a previous history.

Tire slicing and animal abuse are warning signs and wake up calls preceding a history.
The family pet injury was well covered in the trial and elsewhere in the media.

I, too, hope everyone who hears of this case realizes how dangerous any ex or former business associate can be.

I looked at DSM-IV today ( don't have my V yet). On page 652 DSM-IV cites Borderline PD as being 2% of the population. I don't know if DSM-V changes the # or not.

In some ways, I think the low rate of Borderline PDs plus the fact CONVICT ARIAS dropped out of high school may have contributed to some observers dismissing some of her previous behaviors.

The question for me also is why did CONVICT ARIAS drop out of high school? Did she not fit in, did poorly in school or was there pressure from MOTHER ARIAS and others to get out of a public setting where others could observe and question her actions?

Additionally, most Bor. PDs have a lot of substance abuse problems. We know she was growing MJ at home as a teen. I could be very wrong about this but I don't recall CONVICT ARIAS being linked to major drugs. If someone has additional or different info, would you please post it. If my memory is correct and she didn't do major drugs, that makes her even more rare than the 2% of the population who are diagnosed with Borderline PD, thus much more difficult to detect. However, she is still responsible for her decisions including to murder another human being.

MSR

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 05-19-2013 at 03:45 PM..

Old 05-19-2013, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
Sky and Chris Hughes will be interviewed live tonight on Tricia's True Crime Radio show ... it starts at 8pm EST / 5pm PST ... TRICIA'S TRUE CRIME RADIO SUNDAY NIGHT 8 PM EASTERN 05/19 by Websleuths | Blog Talk Radio
Thanks for the FYI, Kitten! I've never listened before, do they have downloadable podcasts?

I imagine they will have incredibly insightful views to share. Please be sure to give us a summary if we don't get to listen ourselves.

MSR

Old 05-19-2013, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Actually, I don't think she said that the dog ran away. She said something to the effect that 'the dog was gone'. I'd have to listen to that part again if I can find it. I know when I heard that I got the impression that she actually killed the dog, especially since I now know how she can lie and change her stories and 'forget' things that really happened. To this day, I don't think she really believes that she killed Travis...
Congrats on your star, FT .

I tend to agree with what you wrote although I do believe CONVICT ARIAS knows she slaughtered TA. I do agree it's easy for her to not want to remember and that darn fog moves in again......

MSR

Old 05-19-2013, 04:00 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
The family pet injury was well covered in the trial and elsewhere in the media.

I, too, hope everyone who hears of this case realizes how dangerous any ex or former business associate can be.

I looked at DSM-IV today ( don't have my V yet). On page 652 DSM-IV cites Borderline PD as being 2% of the population. I don't know if DSM-V changes the # or not.

In some ways, I think the low rate of Borderline PDs plus the fact CONVICT ARIAS dropped out of high school may have contributed to some observers dismissing some of her previous behaviors.

The question for me also is why did CONVICT ARIAS drop out of high school? Did she not fit in, did poorly in school or was there pressure from MOTHER ARIAS and others to get out of a public setting where others could observe and question her actions?

Additionally, most Bor. PDs have a lot of substance abuse problems. We know she was growing MJ at home as a teen. I could be very wrong about this but I don't recall CONVICT ARIAS being linked to major drugs. If someone has additional or different info, would you please post it. If my memory is correct and she didn't do major drugs, that makes her even more rare than the 2% of the population who are diagnosed with Borderline PD, thus much more difficult to detect. However, she is still responsible for her decisions including to murder another human being.

MSR
I have mixed opinions about televised trials after watching Casey Anthony, couldn't make the committment to steadily watch. I was curious about BPD and the family history, thanks.

Old 05-19-2013, 04:09 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,966,721 times
Quote:

She was a freshman in high school. Yes she kicked Doggy Boy and he ran away and she never saw Doggy Boy again. Google Jodi Arias Kicks Dog and you will find videos of how pitiful Arias is about kicking poor Doggy Boy because dogs have souls and she needs to apologize to Doggy Boy.

She slashed Travis tires on his BMW in addition to slashing Mimi's tires ... Mimi Hall is the one that was going with Travis to Cancun. I was calling her Misty on another post .. but she is Marie "Mimi" Hall and Travis was seeing her.

Old 05-19-2013, 04:11 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
Interesting similarities between Arias and Anthony, in terms of dropping out of high school.

I have known BPD, who do not have a substance abuse problem, but created the same type of chaos with the lies, and drama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime