Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2013, 02:16 AM

44,619 posts, read 61,571,507 times

Advertisements

Arias lawyers pandering to public to get her a life sentence to save taxpayers money...
Jodi Arias lawyers take case to court of public opinion - Phoenix News - KTAR.com

Old 06-06-2013, 05:06 AM

27,212 posts, read 46,720,608 times
Insane? Really, how incompetent is this defense team...?

The fought insanity in court and stating it was post traumatic disorder...now it is insane, what will be next?

Just sentence her to death and stop the crazyness.

Old 06-06-2013, 05:34 AM

1,084 posts, read 2,055,358 times
It's nothing that a needle full of night-night juice won't fix.

Old 06-06-2013, 07:29 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,913,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Arias lawyers pandering to public to get her a life sentence to save taxpayers money...
Jodi Arias lawyers take case to court of public opinion - Phoenix News - KTAR.com
It is actually quite a lot cheaper to put someone in jail for the rest of her life than giving her the death penalty.

Old 06-06-2013, 09:25 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,825,951 times
We might as well accept the fact that, a much as we would love for JA to just go away and never be heard from again, that is not going to be the case. For years we will be hearing about appeals and nonsense, with the TV stations right there to soak up any snippet of information they can create a show around. Now they are even creating "Bombshells" around if a juror voices an opinion about something.

Complicating this is JA herself being an attention hound. She loves the celebrity of it all and will die a fate worse than death if she is denied access to interviews and make up. All we can do is turn the channel off when we see more of this stuff happening. I already have weaned myself away from most of it and it feels pretty darned good. Just like Casey Anthony, after a while we just won't give a damn.

Don

Old 06-06-2013, 11:05 AM

44,619 posts, read 61,571,507 times
The movie title for the movie being made about her should be titled "Jodi Arias 'Master' Manipulator".

Old 06-07-2013, 09:08 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,337,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
We might as well accept the fact that, a much as we would love for JA to just go away and never be heard from again, that is not going to be the case. For years we will be hearing about appeals and nonsense, with the TV stations right there to soak up any snippet of information they can create a show around. Now they are even creating "Bombshells" around if a juror voices an opinion about something.

Complicating this is JA herself being an attention hound. She loves the celebrity of it all and will die a fate worse than death if she is denied access to interviews and make up. All we can do is turn the channel off when we see more of this stuff happening. I already have weaned myself away from most of it and it feels pretty darned good. Just like Casey Anthony, after a while we just won't give a damn.

Don
Sadly I agree with you Don. I know I have not watched Jane Velez or NG or HLN one time since the jury hung up. I don't know what I will do come July 18th. I hope I decide not to give a damn anymore. As long as that slug is behind bars I guess justice has been served. IMO I don't think there is no way this new jury will send her to death. And the defense team is doing everything in their power to taint a jury. Willmont use to be so attractive to me in the very beginning of this trial,but now she looks nothing short of" Yoda"....funny how things like that work.

Old 06-07-2013, 11:40 AM

1,815 posts, read 3,166,115 times
Jodi who? She won't leave prison unless it's in a pine box and I'm ok with that...I've moved on to the Seacat trial. But I will tune in for round 2, if only for Juan. A couple transcripts have been released from the sidebars and they're pretty funny.

http://www.azcentral.com/ic/pdf/aria...pt-excerpt.pdf

Mr. Martinez: But the thing is that if Ms. Willmott and I were married, I certainly would say I F’g want to kill myself. That doesn’t mean I want to kill myself. It just means there’s a bad relationship and I want you to leave me alone.

Old 06-07-2013, 09:32 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,961,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
Jodi who? She won't leave prison unless it's in a pine box and I'm ok with that...I've moved on to the Seacat trial. But I will tune in for round 2, if only for Juan. A couple transcripts have been released from the sidebars and they're pretty funny.

Mr. Martinez: But the thing is that if Ms. Willmott and I were married, I certainly would say I F’g want to kill myself. That doesn’t mean I want to kill myself. It just means there’s a bad relationship and I want you to leave me alone.

Mr. Martinez to Ms Willmott ... Well, then maybe you ought to go back to law school.

Old 06-08-2013, 04:28 PM

5,331 posts, read 8,537,849 times
Behind the scenes of the Lifetime movie about this case....

WATCH: 'Dirty Little Secret' - Movie about Jodi Arias - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.