Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2013, 07:20 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,967,774 times

Advertisements

Change of Venue and Request for Individual Voir Dire motions and Judge Stephens decision. Arias and her defense team really want to drag this out with all the motions they have filed.

I am expecting a Just Let Me Go Home motion soon.

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov...3/m6072158.pdf

Old 12-09-2013, 06:14 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
So what was up with the autographs...
I think he was just trying to be polite and not come off as a jerk. One of those "damned if you do, damned if you don't situations"..........can't win either way.

Don

Old 12-09-2013, 07:58 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I think he was just trying to be polite and not come off as a jerk. One of those "damned if you do, damned if you don't situations"..........can't win either way.

Don
Yeah, I guess its hard to walk away from.

I did do some reading on Martinez, this is far from his best case. But similar to a case he prosecuted in 99',Scott Falater, who stabbed his wife 44 times, used a sleepwalking self defense, in addition testified during his trial.

Old 12-11-2013, 04:04 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Yeah, I guess its hard to walk away from.

I did do some reading on Martinez, this is far from his best case. But similar to a case he prosecuted in 99',Scott Falater, who stabbed his wife 44 times, used a sleepwalking self defense, in addition testified during his trial.
Not sure but wasn't Martinez also the prosecutor in the case of the woman killing her husband and a pot left on the stove proved the case and otherwise the lady almost got away with murder...

Old 12-11-2013, 02:40 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Hes prosecuted some brutal cases; Heres Juans female Death Row Inmate:

This could be the one you referred to Bentlebee. Joe Andriano

Snapped: The Murder of Joe Andriano Prosecuted by Juan Martinez (Wendi Andriano) - YouTube

Wendi Andriano

wendi.jpg
Wendy Andriano was sentenced to death in 2004 after she killed her husband in Ahwatukee. The prosecutor in that case was Juan Martinez, the some prosecutor in the Arias case, and there were some similarities between the murders. The murder itself was pretty brutal -- Andriano put pesticide in her husband's soup, then hit him over the head with a bar stool 23 times, before sticking a knife in his neck, according to a press account from the time.

Andriano's defense was that she'd suffered a lifetime of mental and physical abuse at the hands of her husband. She claimed the poison was assisted suicide for her husband, who was terminally ill with cancer. The rest of the attack, she reportedly explained, came after she admitted being unfaithful to her husband, and claimed he attacked her. The jury bought none of that, landing her on death row.

Like Nancy Grace aggression and intensity, you can get the wrong impression. He's either despised or loved.
He has a 95% success rate.

Could be we'll see him on Dancing w/the Stars, I'm thinking with his roots he does a good Cha-Cha and Rumba. That I'd watch

From 2002:
Justice Delayed - Page 1 - News - Phoenix - Phoenix New Times

Scot Falater case (a Morman, hate to bring that into the picture but probably common in that part of the country), was covered on ID Discovery.

Arizona Prosecutor Juan Martinez: Scott Falater murder case - sleepwalking defense - YouTube

Old 12-11-2013, 08:40 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,559,399 times
True stories are even more dramatic then fiction. It's almost inconceivable that these people actually think these plans out, and then ACT on them....

In addition to this obfucious and dark behavior, these folks also believe that they will get away with it.

I wonder about the psychological reasons they believe they will walk away..do they feel justified of committing the act? is it pure ego, self centeredness? is it pure raw denial? are they functioning in an altered state of non-reality? do they feel divinely directed?

To me the reasons why they follow thru with the acts, and why they believe they can get away with it it, is intriguing......

Old 12-15-2013, 06:21 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
True stories are even more dramatic then fiction. It's almost inconceivable that these people actually think these plans out, and then ACT on them....

In addition to this obfucious and dark behavior, these folks also believe that they will get away with it.

I wonder about the psychological reasons they believe they will walk away..do they feel justified of committing the act? is it pure ego, self centeredness? is it pure raw denial? are they functioning in an altered state of non-reality? do they feel divinely directed?

To me the reasons why they follow thru with the acts, and why they believe they can get away with it it, is intriguing......
I often watch Dateline or 48hrs and always wonder why people commit these crimes....they hardly ever get away with it and was it worth sitting in prison for the rest of your life ...I guess they didn't watch these shows and/or think they are better than the ones who get caught.

Overall the make some kind of "stupid or dumb" error and are done..some get away for some years but loose out in the end.

Old 12-16-2013, 01:36 AM

1,539 posts, read 1,559,399 times
[quote=bentlebee;32626052]I often watch Dateline or 48hrs and always wonder why people commit these crimes....they hardly ever get away with it and was it worth sitting in prison for the rest of your life ...I guess they didn't watch these shows and/or think they are better than the ones who get caught.

Overall the make some kind of "stupid or dumb" error and are done..some get away for some years but loose out in the end.[/quote

I agree, I liked 'True Crime'. It was also on Sirius Radio, interesting listening on road trips.

It's interesting to watch a sharp criminal mind, who made that one 'dumb' mistake...being greedy, egotistical, or just sloppy.

Old 12-16-2013, 06:51 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
Narcissistic. That is why guys like Scott Peterson think that they can get away with killing off a wife, and moving on with life. They focus on their new life.

These people just don't think like normal people...that is the whole crux right there.

Old 12-21-2013, 11:18 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,829,224 times
Why do people keep saying she's attractive and cute? She's not. She's scary-looking. But maybe that's because I know what a murderer and liar she is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime