Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2013, 02:34 PM

9 posts, read 12,551 times

Advertisements

Justice is all about Truth. We can't use non-verified statements about Travis to label him an abusive deviant. Even what he said on those tapes can't be held against him - he never raped anyone; he never molested a child; there was nothing indicating he knew he was being taped, other than a proven liar's word. I would find it difficult, if not impossible, to convict anyone of anything if the only evidence was what a liar said.

In this case, the jury would be wise to look only at the evidence and at those things which can be or have been verified. If Jodi can't prove it, they should throw it out. She is a consummate actress - as evidenced by her earlier interviews with Flores and those television interviews. Recall that she even wept when relating the ninja story to Flores, so even her tears can not be believed.

Old 03-13-2013, 02:37 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,557,871 times
Jodi's Pop Culture now. Mainstream. They'll never kill her.

Old 03-13-2013, 04:02 PM

9 posts, read 12,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
Jodi's Pop Culture now. Mainstream. They'll never kill her.
If it were up to me, I'd have three doctors look at Travis' family medical history, his own medical history and his lifestyle. I would then ask them to give their professional opinions as to what his lifespan would have been, barring accidents. I would average out their answers and give Jodi that term w/o parole. She should serve in jail the lifetime she didn't allow Travis to live.

Old 03-13-2013, 04:14 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I believe she planned to do this unless he was taking her to Cancun or cancelled the trip. The death stare in his eys in the shower close up picture to me is showing that she may have stood there with the gun or knife in her hand.

Also why did she tape all the sex conversations? He never seems to have done that and neither was there any picture of kids found on his computer. he made it clear he never did certain things prior to her and neither did Travis have sex with his other girlfriend as she testified about and he didn't push it on her so I believe Jodi is the sex maniak and couldn't get enough of having a guy who may have been a Virgin and to have him all for herself.
I think Jodi taped the phone sex conversations with Travis to play for any future girlfriends of Travis thereby sabotaging the relationship.

Old 03-13-2013, 04:29 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spkstrth View Post
If it were up to me, I'd have three doctors look at Travis' family medical history, his own medical history and his lifestyle. I would then ask them to give their professional opinions as to what his lifespan would have been, barring accidents. I would average out their answers and give Jodi that term w/o parole. She should serve in jail the lifetime she didn't allow Travis to live.
Very creative

Old 03-13-2013, 04:39 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,685,474 times
Hey how do they have so many sextapes? Like does AT&T record convos or... Did he keep them?

Old 03-13-2013, 04:42 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,685,474 times
But this what probably happen. She probably did all that overt sexual stuff thinking it would win her a wedding and perfect life and he probably promised it continuously and after all that strong sexual deviant sh*t she did with and converting to his religion he dropped her for some random chick who didn't do half of the stuff she had to do and he was going to attempt to marry her in the future ? She probably snapped lol. It's like building a house yourself and someone else gets to live in it.

Old 03-13-2013, 06:59 PM

5,331 posts, read 8,538,811 times

Old 03-13-2013, 07:24 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
Would you trust Travis with your 12 year old daughter, after school, in her Catholic girl skirt and blouse, in the woods?

Yes.

Would you trust Jodi alone with your 12 year old son?

Old 03-13-2013, 08:04 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,557,871 times
Definitely not. I stated from the beginning of this trial before Jodi ever took the stand, that I thought Jodi is a sociopath, self centered, incapable of empathy or true emotion.

My point was that Travis was an Elder of his church. I'm certain the Bishop he spoke to had serious concerns regarding Travis's position in the church.

Being a religious mentor in any other Christian religion comes with a higher responsibility to the community and younger church members. In my opinion a 30 year old man obtaining sexual arousal at the simulation of a 12 young old girl climaxing, for her first time, signals a Red Flag.

Quite often, especially in Churchs and schools, when there's a problem way down the line, everyone is scratching their head asking, "how did this happen, where were the signs?". OK, Perhaps Travis would never act out his fantasies, but
often people do progress from fantasy, to dress up and playing out, to acting out.

There's a lot out of balance with this relationship, this was not evil temptress Jodi, and pure as snow, virgin Travis.
He was as drawn to her as she was to him, therefor there's something seriously out of balance with Travis to have
continue to engage in this destructive relationship.

But because he was murdered, no one wants to look at his psychological disbalance. They want to blame it on him being *****-whipped and that's not enough of an explanation for an intelligent man who had he whole life ahead of him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime