Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2013, 08:41 PM

1,322 posts, read 3,474,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I am actually glad that they have not injected race into the case because many people have no clue about that added layer of her motivation.

But to those who have witnessed/experienced similar behaviors, it is quite obvious what she was trying to do. For a lot of Latinas, landing a White husband is an "accomplishment". To them it means a more stable life, more stable relationship, potentially higher income household, a more faithful husband, White (or lighter skinned) children...a "White" life. I have had more than my fair share of conversations about this with friends who are Latinas. For them, marriage to a White man is the 'golden ticket' to a better life.

This is the image of a woman who was trying really hard to "look" White.
I am not saying that it does not happen, just that there is no evidence of it in this trial. I never gave a thought to whether she was white or not.

Old 03-16-2013, 10:12 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by talloolla View Post
I am not saying that it does not happen, just that there is no evidence of it in this trial. I never gave a thought to whether she was white or not.
They didn't need to present that aspect of her motivation to prove their case, so why would they? She admitted to the murder and it would simply muddy the waters. However, to those who "know", her actions were quite obvious.

Jodi Arias was a high school dropout from Salinas, CA (a heavily Hispanic migrant farm worker area) living in a state that has a fairly open hostility towards Latinos (AZ) and she was trying to land a White guy who was a rising star in the MLM company PrePaid Legal. So she converted to LDS, dyed her her blond and popped in those colored contacts lenses in hopes that she could be the (White) woman of his dreams. I wouldn't be surprised if she used skin lightening creams as well. She was clinging to Travis with all of her might and she thought that "looking White" and giving him endless sex would get her a that "White life" she dreamed of so desperately.

Old 03-17-2013, 01:16 AM

44,630 posts, read 61,620,191 times
Jodi Arias the movie is in the works. This was reported on our local evening TV newscast tonight.

Lifetime planning Jodi Arias movie | Inside TV | EW.com

Old 03-17-2013, 05:45 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Jodi Arias the movie is in the works. This was reported on our local evening TV newscast tonight.

Lifetime planning Jodi Arias movie | Inside TV | EW.com
Not if but "when" convicted she is not allowed to make a penny of any movie or book...

Old 03-17-2013, 08:45 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
Wow!!! That's HUGE!! Watch Jodi get 2nd, therefore it'll be the states fault Travis's name and friends got dragged thru the mug because of the states refusal to be reasonable. Travis's family will have no one to blame but the state.
You are blaming the wrong entity/person for this. Abusers, like Jodi, get away with the harm they inflict because too many are willing to comply and divert the blame and responsibility away from the perpetrator according to the perpetrator's manipulative plan. By doing this, you are in effect enabling an abuser.

Threatening harm to others, if one does not get their way, is a control mechanism that abusers/narcissists use. They then turn around and blame whomever did not comply for the harm that they, themselves the abuser, inflicted as result.

Quote:
Abusers tend to shift responsibility for their actions to their victims and become angry because the person caused them to behave inappropriately. The abuser might say, “If you hadn’t talked back to me, I wouldn't have had to hit you.” Don’t fall for it. The abuser did the hitting and no matter what you did, you are not to blame. He is blaming you for his shortcomings and do not believe that you are the one to blame for even one second.
Inside the Mind of an Abuser: What you Need to Know

If Jodi actually made these threats, it reinforces the fact that she is a narcissistic abuser and she has no human value in this world!

Last edited by jojajn; 03-17-2013 at 08:58 AM..

Old 03-17-2013, 10:02 AM

4,494 posts, read 7,481,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
You are blaming the wrong entity/person for this. Abusers, like Jodi, get away with the harm they inflict because too many are willing to comply and divert the blame and responsibility away from the perpetrator according to the perpetrator's manipulative plan. By doing this, you are in effect enabling an abuser.

Threatening harm to others, if one does not get their way, is a control mechanism that abusers/narcissists use. They then turn around and blame whomever did not comply for the harm that they, themselves the abuser, inflicted as result.

If Jodi actually made these threats, it reinforces the fact that she is a narcissistic abuser and she has no human value in this world!
Definitely a narcissistic person...

Old 03-17-2013, 10:17 AM

1,539 posts, read 1,559,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post

Those are very valid points on abuse. Excellent at showing how abusers manipulate.

I was referring to the legal strategy chosen by the state, and how it may backfire on them.
If Jodi get's convicted of anything less than 1st degree,then it would have been unnecessary for Travis's alleged dirty details to broadcast at court, and all over the media.

The defense strategy was, if the plea for 2nd degree wasn't accepted, to play dirty hardball. And they did.

I don't know if Juan held out for 1st degree and wants to put another woman on death row, or if it was the states decision, and if Travis's family had any input one way or another.

Last edited by trinity1111; 03-17-2013 at 11:10 AM..

Old 03-17-2013, 10:42 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
Jodi was a fool to not accept a plea deal. Of course, that goes along with narcisstic thinking. "I was the VICTIM". a complete pathology.

Old 03-17-2013, 12:14 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grass Fever View Post
Definitely a narcissistic person...

Jodi Arias - Clips From 2008 Inside Edition Interview In Jail - YouTube

Old 03-17-2013, 12:18 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,545,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Jodi was a fool to not accept a plea deal. Of course, that goes along with narcisstic thinking. "I was the VICTIM". a complete pathology.
She wasn't offered a plea deal. She tried to get one, but the prosecution would not go for it.

You can read the court document on this here: http://grahamwinch.files.wordpress.c...riasngfile.pdf

Last edited by KittenSparkles; 03-17-2013 at 12:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime