Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2013, 09:52 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,137,228 times

Advertisements

Good questions MSR!

I do not like how protective Alyce is and how she avoids answering questions. I also do not like how ridged her testimony is – no wiggle room. Sometimes it sounds as if Jodi is on the stand; instead of Alyce.

There was a replay this morning of the prosecution going over the 'stalking' incident where Jodi looked in window. Alyce could not give a yes or no answer and then qualified it with “It was only a very short time”. How did she know it was a short time? Was she there? Or; did she rely totally on the statements of a known liar? Regardless; she is giving 'expert' testimony on hearsay.

As I have said before: If there is evidence to support Jodi's claims against Travis; then let us hear the evidence. Otherwise; why are they allowed to trash the dead?

Old 04-11-2013, 10:21 AM

2,687 posts, read 7,409,152 times
Default well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
The problem with that is, where is the evidence that Travis INVITED Jodi to his house on June 4?
I have never heard of any, except what Jodi said..that he was expecting her.

Of course, I could have missed that evidence. If so, I'd like to hear it.
Didn't she say she arrived around 4am, walked into his home and 'watched' him at at his computer in the den? That he did not see her immediately because his back was to her?
K

Old 04-11-2013, 10:21 AM

1,815 posts, read 3,167,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Someone may have testified about this previously and I might not know, since I've only been able to directly hear parts of this trial myself.

I think ALV in particular commented on many IMs, texts etc. between ARIAS and T.A. What I wonder if anyone addressed is did anyone check to see if ARIAS had hacked into T.A.'s account to send herself the I.M.'s and/or texts that she received from T.A. during the last 2 weeks of his life?

Fox Terrier makes a good point, IMHO, about where is a different source of confirmation ARIAS was expected by T.A.? Wasn't he going to Cancun the next morning WITHOUT her? I am confused why he'd want ARIAS around if he was leaving Mesa and without her. Yes, he had mentioned taking her with him at one point; however, she knew she wasn't going.

If she wanted to get even with him for being scorned/shamed or whatever, arriving when he was gone would have given her an opportunity to do physical damage to his property, not him.

And when were his tires slashed twice? I know it was when he was with a different female (be it a potential love interest, friend, client - I don't really care - it was a non-ARIAS female), that his tires were slashed and I thought the female's were as well. But I might be confused.

Does anyone know an approximate date of when the tires were slashed?

Can you even imagine the reams of testimony and other evidence the jury will have to review? Mind-boggling to me

Thanks,

MSR
The information about the tire slashing incidents are in Det. Flores's investigation report. The relevant information is on Page 14. Lisa Andrews stated it was around December 2007. She also told him about the threatening email she had received and that Travis had attempted to make a police report, but was kept on hold for hours and gave up.

I believe there was a Verizon employee that testified that the last recorded calls between Jodi and Travis were a day or two before she got to Mesa. My feeling is that she manipulated him by saying she was going to meet her new love interest Ryan Burns in Utah and just wanted to crash at his place for a few hours, and of course have sex. Now that she had been back in CA for some time, perhaps he did not feel as threatened as he had when she was living in Mesa. Perhaps he let his sex drive get the better of him and assuming Jodi had moved on to Ryan, he didn't foresee the danger in one last "booty call."

I don't think property damage would have satisfied Jodi by this point. She wanted Travis to be either with her, or dead.

Old 04-11-2013, 05:15 PM

664 posts, read 1,027,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Is that a big courtroom? Watching the local TV stations all they show is Travis family on his side and Arias family on the other side. The lady that got sick last week and threw up was in the gallery. Is there a balcony? I don't blame you, those people are getting there in the middle of the night to get in just like the Casey Anthony trial.

I had to turn it off ... I didn't want to hear Willmott attempting to undo what Juan accomplished. I was hoping the jury questions would be next not Willmott on re-direct.
I couldn't take it either.

Old 04-11-2013, 07:09 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
God, now we have Jodi tweeting though a friend. Jail sure has changed, I wonder if she has cable in her cell and milk and cookies before bedtime ?

The sarcasm she is showing in those tweets to people like Nancy Grace and Juan M really show her vile side. She may put on glasses and try to look like little Miss Priss in court, but those tweets show how ugly she really is inside. She is a spiteful, spoiled little girl who hates it when things aren't going her way........something she showed when she butchered Travis because she couldn't win him over.

Don

Old 04-11-2013, 07:31 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,167,234 times
Apparently the person posting the tweets is her friend Donovan - I think this is the one people rumored to be Jodi's girlfriend. You may have seen her on tv, looks kind of like the Newman character from Seinfeld. Given Jodi's history of sexual manipulation, I have a feeling that explains Donovan's willingness to do favors for her "friend."

The jurors' questions today were very thoughtful and showed that they are paying careful attention. Two of them asked LaViolette why she kept looking over to Jodi and smiling or doing a shoulder shrug. Several questions asking whether Jodi could have been the perpetrator of abuse in the relationship. LaViolette's answer? "I don't see anything to support that." She also didn't think Jodi lied to her, and that it wasn't abusive for Jodi to kick her mother because she was a teenager at the time! I believe her bias is plain for the world to see and has only hurt Jodi's case even more.

Old 04-11-2013, 07:54 PM

1,322 posts, read 3,474,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
God, now we have Jodi tweeting though a friend. Jail sure has changed, I wonder if she has cable in her cell and milk and cookies before bedtime ?

The sarcasm she is showing in those tweets to people like Nancy Grace and Juan M really show her vile side. She may put on glasses and try to look like little Miss Priss in court, but those tweets show how ugly she really is inside. She is a spiteful, spoiled little girl who hates it when things aren't going her way........something she showed when she butchered Travis because she couldn't win him over.

Don
Can someone explain about the tweets? I have not heard anything on the subject and am a bit lost. Thanks!

Old 04-11-2013, 07:59 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
ALV, in my opinion, says all the right things. I was a victim of abuse for many years; just about everything she says about victims and abusers is true, in my experience. The only problem is that those things she says about victims cannot be attributed to Jodi.

However, here's my theory about Laviolet...she made her first mistake when she accepted 'limited' evidence and did not demand to be given ALL the evidence pertaining to Jodi and Travis' relationship.

Big first mistake.

Now she is totally committed to defending Jodi, because in essence, she is now actually defending herself and her reputation. If the jury finds that Jodi WAS NOT a victim of abuse, ALV's credibility is in the tank, which is a shame, actually. It seems she has devoted her life to this cause (but that can blind people in certain ways).

I don't know if the money or fame got to her, but if I was her, I would not have come to any conclusion unless I had all the evidence and interviewed everyone concerning JA's and TA's relationship.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:02 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by talloolla View Post
Can someone explain about the tweets? I have not heard anything on the subject and am a bit lost. Thanks!
Apparently, Jodi has the ability to send tweets via her friend Donovan. Jodi gets 15 hours per week phone time (that's two hours a day .......gabby little rascal) and she talks to Donovan every day and tells her what to tweet and to whom. One went to Nancy Grace where she said that she was actually giving the finger to Nancy (well, you can't blame Jodi for THAT !! ) and another was sent to Martinez and said he has "little man syndrome", or something to that effect).

From looking at Donovan it seems likely Jodi has suckered in a person who needed a friend and is using her the way she used others. Donovan said on TV she has a phone account where the charges are put, and I bet Donovan is piling up some hefty charges on those calls. I understand calls from jail are not cheap.

This thing gets more bizarre every day. But it looks like the jurors might be skeptical about the witness and her feelings toward Jodi by some of their pointed questions, and I certainly hope they are brighter than the ones on Casey Anthony's trial. I think Alyce is a closet manhater, personally.

Don

Old 04-11-2013, 08:09 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,559,399 times
Tweeting thru a friend?? That would make it: Hearsay Tweeting!! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime