Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2013, 09:13 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,437,735 times

Advertisements

WTH? That's creepy. Is it slow motion or other? I tried to copy it for my message and it wouldn't copy. Where did you find that? I repped you KittenSparkles, but no time to write a comment.

Thanks for posting, I think.

MSR

Old 04-09-2013, 09:52 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,966,721 times
She is wearing leg restraints and a stun belt.

Arias balling her fists up as Juan questions ALV discussing about Arias being a liar.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:15 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,966,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post

Maybe Wilmott will need therapy from ALV as she's "lost her identity" to ARIAS. I'd actually be really interested to know who picks out the clothes and how in the world these two started looking like each other. In their own ways, to me, both of the DT acts like they have Stockholm's Syndrome. Numri just checks out. If he and ARIAS starting wearing similar clothes, time to call in Samuels to test them all.

I have to honestly say I guess ALV wears those clothes as she believes that is a professional look. Her CV that showed only one trial in the Midwest and some teaching in Japan, along with other good will assignments in Asia, of where she'd provided expert work outside of CA. I wondered how much in the big leagues ALV had testified. Sure, she's been an expert witness in CA (no disrespect for CA or the work ALV has done), but I wonder how many other national experts said no.

Ironically, I heard from a neuropsychologist friend of mine today, who is an expert witness in the testing and psychometrics. He administers DAYS of tests to arrive at his diagnoses and then works with physicians to get brain imaging or other testing to confirm his diagnoses, prior to trial. I'll have to ask him if he was contacted, despite his area of expertise being in subspecialty area of neuropsychology.

MSR
We don't see Arias feet ... maybe she is wearing socks like Nurmi ... he wears wild socks.

I personally think the DT had to search far and wide to find expert witnesses for this trial ... most probably reviewed the files and said 'no thanks' ... even though the DT didn't provide all the info to the experts they sort of cherry picked the files.

I cannot understand how ALV could even walk in that courtroom having talked only to Arais and she had names, plenty of names even the parents. Yet she interviewed not one single person (real live people) but Arias. The DT could have arranged interviews for her.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:28 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,544,248 times
This is a good pic too:

Old 04-10-2013, 05:47 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Can you imagine how he other former boyfriends must feel, knowing they were in a relationship with her and that this very thing could have happened to them ??? I bet all of them gave up dating for a while, I know it would have made me stop.

Don

Old 04-10-2013, 06:33 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,137,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
She was bragging about how high her IQ was ... I do not know who tested her IQ unless it was Samuels ... but supposedly she was telling everyone she was smarter or as smart as Einstein.
Going back to this comment: It exemplifies Jodi's defense. It is like a 'Brain Game'. We can only remember what we want you to hear. It doesn't matter whether Jodi is testifying or her "expert" witnesses. The trial should be a search for the truth.

Alyce's cross examination drives me nuts. It is almost as bad as listening to Jodi's. I found fault with Alyce's testimony because it depends almost entirely on Jodi's input. If any of Travis's friends, family, associates or past girlfriends had anything negative to say about Travis; they should be the ones on the stand.

Jodi has had years to work on her defense. Demonizing Travis was about the only course of action she had left. She was also smart enough (almost like Einstein) to listen and learn from her 'experts'.

Old 04-10-2013, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Can you imagine how he other former boyfriends must feel, knowing they were in a relationship with her and that this very thing could have happened to them ??? I bet all of them gave up dating for a while, I know it would have made me stop.

Don
AMEN to that

Yet, there are guys who would like to have a "quickie" with her, which was a thread on CD at least for a while. I suspect CD kind of deleted the bizarre thread about the guys who had ideas to try with ARIAS.

If she has the alleged girlfriend in jail, I don't know that women should feel any safer. She probably can't get extra gas cans in there, but who knows what guard she might seduce and weapons she might obtain. Or what other devices she might secure herself from other means in jail.

Since she is in jail, if she has an alleged relationship with another female inmate, I guess that could be ending soon if ARIAS goes to prison? Makes me wonder how long the other inmate has been in jail. If AVS is right about ARIAS' difficulty with relationships ending, I wouldn't want to be the alleged girlfriend in jail.

Wonder what ALV would say if ARIAS were in a "bad" relationship with a woman, which absolutely does happen. Still, I wonder if ALV would be as punishing to a deceased girlfriend vs. boyfriend.

MSR

Old 04-10-2013, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Going back to this comment: It exemplifies Jodi's defense. It is like a 'Brain Game'. We can only remember what we want you to hear. It doesn't matter whether Jodi is testifying or her "expert" witnesses. The trial should be a search for the truth.

Alyce's cross examination drives me nuts. It is almost as bad as listening to Jodi's. I found fault with Alyce's testimony because it depends almost entirely on Jodi's input. If any of Travis's friends, family, associates or past girlfriends had anything negative to say about Travis; they should be the ones on the stand.

Jodi has had years to work on her defense. Demonizing Travis was about the only course of action she had left. She was also smart enough (almost like Einstein) to listen and learn from her 'experts'.
Agree fisheye.

The only thing I might be confused about is ARIAS almost as smart as Einstein or smarter? Somehow I'm confused with my much lower I.Q.

MSR

Old 04-10-2013, 10:44 AM

1,815 posts, read 3,167,234 times
Arias trial fosters legion of dedicated court watchers

I live in Phoenix and I've defintely thought about trying to go view the trial in person many times, but I just can't get up that early in the morning! (Especially when there's a good chance of being turned away)

Old 04-10-2013, 12:11 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,559,399 times
What is an important lesson we could learn from this travesty?? Don't have sex for 8 hours with your stalker!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime