Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2013, 01:06 PM

2,430 posts, read 5,577,469 times

Advertisements

Good link!

I wonder if forensics will be able to tell from the condition of the bullets, if any of them had NOT been fired through the wooden door -- maybe the one from her hip is in better condition?

But still, someone's dead/dying, and you don't call paramedics, you call your dad?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2013, 01:40 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,981,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinx View Post
Good link!

I wonder if forensics will be able to tell from the condition of the bullets, if any of them had NOT been fired through the wooden door -- maybe the one from her hip is in better condition?
Excellent point! We would also know this if there were 4 bullets fired, and only 3 bullet holes in the door. Once they locate all the slugs (I guess they already have) we will know how many bullets were fired in total. Then they just have to find all the locations where each bullet struck, and see how many of these bullets were shot through the door.

These bullet holes in the door will also show the angle the bullets were shot from, to tell if he was lying about not having his prosthetic legs on when he shot. These holes may also be able to determine how close he was to the door when he fired.

My guess is if he was arguing with his girlfriend through the closed door, he was likely standing right outside the door.

I also think the blood on the cricket paddle along with her head injury may show he was trying to hurt her that night.

I believe he claimed he was trying to use the cricket paddle to break down the door, and that is easy to prove false. Just see if there are any marks on the door which match a cricket paddle hitting it.

Quote:
But still, someone's dead/dying, and you don't call paramedics, you call your dad?
I know? If he called his dad first, he obviously was scared, and wanted advice on how to handle the situation. And my guess is his dad advised him to call paramedics.

If he had called paramedics first, then it might be believable that he was serious about helping her.

The precise timing of his phone calls, and the length of these calls, will be a huge piece of evidence.

Another thing I read is that he is a big gun fanatic, and owns multiple guns including a machine gun.

He also had a home security system which never triggered. That would also indicate he was lying about a burglar.

Last edited by RD5050; 02-21-2013 at 01:57 PM..

Old 02-21-2013, 02:42 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,708,086 times
Horrible thought...

What if his dad said wait till she stops breathing to call paramedics?

I know if I was calling my father he would of yelled at me to get the H off the phone and call 911.
I could see being in a panic and just calling in a moment of panic by accident or madness but...

How long was this call to his dad?

Old 02-21-2013, 07:42 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,862,536 times
And now it appears the lead Detective is facing his own criminal charges and completely botched the case and ruined evidence. South African judicial system has a 10% conviction rate and is total chaos. This guy may very likely do an OJ and get away with murder.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:19 PM

4,787 posts, read 11,754,293 times
It turns out also that the " neighbor" who heard yelling lived a quarter of a mile away. Since the Pistorius home is townhouse type condo how could he have known in the middle of the night that it was that unit he heard noise from, if it even woke him up from that far away.

The police are really bungling this. .

Old 02-22-2013, 06:17 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,708,086 times
I thought they had said there was fighting always coming out of that house?

Its only 1300 feet about. I lived on a street that had a house with domestic issues. In the middle of the night it was easy to tell and they were about 800 feet away. Everyone on the street knew that was the "fighting house". I personally could not I.D. the male voice because all angry guys sort of sound the same but I could tell it was the female of the house easily.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:32 AM

43,620 posts, read 44,346,965 times
On NBC it was just announced that Oscar Pistorious will be granted bail.

Old 02-22-2013, 09:05 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,729,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
How quickly the extremely low IQ lefttards forget about Nancy Lanza.
EXPANDED HOMICIDE DATA (Federal Bureau of Investigation)

Of the offenders for whom gender was known, 90.3 percent were males. (Based on Expanded Homicide Data Table 3.)
FBI — Expanded Homicide Data Table 3

I also found this rather interesting on the same site:

FBI — Expanded Homicide Data Figure

But yeah, guns in the hands of males is a really, really excellent idea! Wow!

Old 02-22-2013, 09:55 AM

2,734 posts, read 4,148,594 times
Default Oscar Pistorius granted bail in murder case

Oscar Pistorius granted bail in murder case - CBS News

Old 02-22-2013, 07:53 PM

3,176 posts, read 6,213,908 times
While I don't think he's a flight risk because of the staggering media attention surrounding this case, I would not be surprised one bit if he committed suicide. Seems likely no matter which side of the story you believe. Hard to live with yourself and all you've lost either way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime