Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 10:32 AM

2,438 posts, read 2,810,612 times

Advertisements

Another pattern is on the four meds she didn't take ( venlafaxine, prescribed 60 and 64 was found) Elisa Lam checked in to the hotel on Jan 26th and was missing on the 31st. That is a close proximity of 4 days/5 days. She was really only taking that prescription like she should have been- but I would think one pill couldn't be taken alone?

That's a short time ( 4 days) for a trip, her behavior on the elevator was really super fast for over-reacting-- so everything in this story is in short time span. and or time frame.

No one really knows what the trip was about, except "spur-of-the-moment" for Elisa Lam. She wasn't listed in classes. It's still a tragedy- none the less.

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 11-08-2015 at 10:44 AM..

Old 11-08-2015, 11:34 AM

26,727 posts, read 26,806,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
Elisa Lam checked in to the hotel on Jan 26th and was missing on the 31st.
Apparently there's some question about when she really did check into the Cecil Hotel. She may have arrived in L.A. on the 28th. Hmmm.

Quote:
She was really only taking that prescription like she should have been- but I would think one pill couldn't be taken alone?
I have no idea if that could cause someone to have a manic episode.

Quote:
That's a short time ( 4 days) for a trip....No one really knows what the trip was about, except "spur-of-the-moment" for Elisa Lam.
Thought she blogged about her trip on her Tumblr account?

Old 11-08-2015, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Apparently there's some question about when she really did check into the Cecil Hotel. She may have arrived in L.A. on the 28th. Hmmm.

I have no idea if that could cause someone to have a manic episode.

Thought she blogged about her trip on her Tumblr account?
I am not a fan of Tumblr, Facebook or Tweetee or anything.. I can't see that.

Her other thing.. Quote: Ether Fields

Here's a 2010 post ( quoted)

[CENTER]school has started and I do not have time to think

it doesn't help that I can't think for the matter

I took a long unaccounted for break from school
my brain has been sluggish from march until now
Half a year down the drain where I did not do anything productive nor learn anything worth knowing

now it seems my most prized organ no longer works the way it once did

and I feel sluggish all day
sleepy, mopey and tired
unable to concentrate too

I can't write properly
nor can I think of the appropriate words without pausing for a few moments
what once came naturally is now beyond hard to grasp

It is incredibly difficult to even remember what I did yesterday
let alone try to remember what was covered in a class

to say the least I won't be able to put together a proper post for a while
then again who cares whether or not it makes any sense

This always brings a smile to me

[/CENTER]

Old 11-08-2015, 04:10 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Quote:
I am not a fan of Tumblr, Facebook or Tweetee or anything.. I can't see that.

Her other thing.. Quote: Ether Fields

Here's a 2010 post ( quoted)

[CENTER]school has started and I do not have time to think

it doesn't help that I can't think for the matter

I took a long unaccounted for break from school
my brain has been sluggish from march until now
Half a year down the drain where I did not do anything productive nor learn anything worth knowing

now it seems my most prized organ no longer works the way it once did

and I feel sluggish all day
sleepy, mopey and tired
unable to concentrate too

I can't write properly
nor can I think of the appropriate words without pausing for a few moments
what once came naturally is now beyond hard to grasp

It is incredibly difficult to even remember what I did yesterday
let alone try to remember what was covered in a class

to say the least I won't be able to put together a proper post for a while
then again who cares whether or not it makes any sense
Good finds flute:

So sad; wonder if she cut back meds to control side effects (above mentioned in her blog), or even cost?

Old 11-08-2015, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Good finds flute:

So sad; wonder if she cut back meds to control side effects (above mentioned in her blog), or even cost?

I don't know, but this writing was around three years before her death. A regular MD can do wonders and can also act like a referral to get someone in pretty quick to a psychiatrists office. A general practitioner is generally covered under insurance

I also noticed that some of her writing never mentions a sudden "crush" or "boys" or "crush on boys" or anything. ( I haven't read all of it though)
It's a pretty heavy duty realization for a Sunday. ( today) Sheesh...

An M.D. would have admitted her three years before her death ( I think)

Old 11-08-2015, 07:32 PM

Here it is on her blog.. She was familiar with family doctors then, so she was covered. Ether Fields

------------------
[CENTER]I've been having headaches for the past two days and my vision shakes when I stand.
I'm not sure if it's vertigo but definitely do not feel stable even when sitting.
It also gets hard to focus at time. I can't seem to process the whole scene, almost like tunnel-vision on a hand-held camera.

If only family doctors worked on Sunday.
I don't see why a few can't decide to work weekends and close on other days of the week.
Sickness doesn't take a day off and even pharmacists are available 7 days a week.
Oh well, nothing I can do unless I feel like going to the hospital (no way)

On to matters less related to reality....

[/CENTER]

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 11-08-2015 at 07:47 PM..

Old 11-09-2015, 06:20 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Quote:
Here it is on her blog.. She was familiar with family doctors then, so she was covered. Ether Fields

------------------

"On to matters less related to reality"....
Bolded, exactly what I believe she did the nite of her disappearance.

Spur of the moment trip to LA could've been the beginning of an episode. Shame she chose Cecil Hotel.

Old 11-09-2015, 07:55 AM

26,727 posts, read 26,806,307 times
Quote:
Here it is on her blog...
"I've been having headaches for the past two days and my vision shakes when I stand. I'm not sure if it's vertigo but definitely do not feel stable even when sitting. It also gets hard to focus at time. I can't seem to process the whole scene, almost like tunnel-vision on a hand-held camera. If only family doctors worked on Sunday. Sickness doesn't take a day off and even pharmacists are available 7 days a week. Oh well, nothing I can do [b]unless I feel like going to the hospital (no way)"
How sad. She must have had Bipolar I, as opposed to the less severe Bipolar II.

Old 11-10-2015, 11:58 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,760,432 times
Quote:
I don't know, but this writing was around three years before her death. A regular MD can do wonders and can also act like a referral to get someone in pretty quick to a psychiatrists office. A general practitioner is generally covered under insurance

I also noticed that some of her writing never mentions a sudden "crush" or "boys" or "crush on boys" or anything. ( I haven't read all of it though)
It's a pretty heavy duty realization for a Sunday. ( today) Sheesh...

An M.D. would have admitted her three years before her death ( I think)
An MD who is not aware of the situation can't do anything at all. But ANY friend, relative, co-worker, etc. who IS aware of the situation can get her straight to an ER for an emergency evaluation. If she refuses to go, you need to take matters into your own hands, call the police or whoever and petition her in. You could be saving the person's life. If it happens often enough, the person can be put under court-ordered treatment; if they don't follow through they go straight back to the hospital.

Old 11-13-2015, 05:00 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,760,432 times
I want to add that there is a dire shortage of psychiatrists in this country. I don't know if there is ANY quick way of getting someone "quickly" into a psychiatrist's office. The shortest wait these days to get into an outpatient office is 4 months plus...IF you're lucky. Again, if you need psychiatry quickly, you need to find a way to check yourself into a psych ward, and those beds are really scarce -- usually for life-threatening emergencies only. It's not like the old days when anyone could just sign himself in for as long as he needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime