Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 07:54 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,167,465 times

Advertisements

I would want a jury with an IQ high enough to understand reason and logic. Nothing about her story (any of the multiple versions) is reasonable or logical. Even if you could somehow find a way to excuse each and every piece of circumstantial evidence (and there is a TON of it), she still premeditated the murder from the time she picked up the gun and went way beyond what is considered acceptable self defense in Arizona.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2013, 08:16 AM

323 posts, read 788,371 times
Which brings me back to my original post. It could have started as self defense and then maybe she blacked out. I've experienced being in shock so I know how you can still function yet be unaware of what you're doing.

Some, not all (calm down there), of the circumstantial evidence is not really evidence. They might as well started questioning what she had for breakfast. "Well she had a high protein breakfast because she wanted to make sure she'd be full and not have to stop for food in Arizona!" "Her nails were long! She was growing out her nails to hurt him!" They're coming up with some (not all) "frivolous" evidence.

I would hope that anyone that would join a forum would have an IQ high enough to predict that some people are going to perceive things differently than them and they can choose to discuss their viewpoints without throwing insults.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:47 AM

Well, for me it's pretty cut and dry. If you want to say she blacked out and totally didn't mean to stab him and slit his throat, how did she have the presence of mind to delete photos from the camera, do laundry, take the gun and the alleged rope with her to cover her tracks? If she accidentally killed him in self defense, why wasn't that her first story to the police instead of "I was never there" followed by "Ninjas did it, I saw them, but they let me go"? She claimed she came out of the fog somewhere along the way to Utah, never bothered calling 911 and left him to rot. She was cool as a cucumber when she showed up to Ryan Burns's house and proceeded to "grind" on him as if nothing had happened. She continued to send Travis phone messages and emails, dialed into his voicemail to check his other messages because she knew how to do it since she had been stalking him for a year. She called Detective Flores herself for updates on the case and when she was finally arrested she was all smiles, and asked him if she could see the crime scene photos out of "morbid curiosity."

That isn't normal, non-sociopathic human behavior!

Last edited by fruitlassie; 04-15-2013 at 11:00 AM..

Old 04-15-2013, 04:09 PM

Being a sociopath doesn't mean she premeditated the murder.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:41 PM

Ok. Being a sociopath + several dozen unique, unlucky coincidences + a mountain of physical evidence doesn't make her guilty, in your eyes. I guess there always has to be someone who takes "playing devil's advocate" a bit too literally.

Old 04-15-2013, 08:25 PM

214 posts, read 290,095 times
Hmm. First, it's implied to me in another thread that the users on here aren't really the kind of people who obsess about the idea that rape victims (translation: women who claim to have been raped) lie about having been raped. And now, there are not one, but at least two threads open on this forum right now about a woman who is supposed to have lied about being raped?

And these threads are exploding in size?

Hmm. I'm not saying that people on here love to claim that rape victims lie about having been raped, but if the shoe fits...

And as a side note, Nancy Grace is a deplorable person who doesn't deserve even a second of the air time she gets. Perhaps we should quit taking her hot air so much to heart?

Old 04-15-2013, 10:27 PM

If there's so much physical evidence, and everything is so open and shut, why is the trial taking so long? Why did it even go to trial to begin with? Casey Anthony's case had more evidence than Jodi's and she's not a celebrity like OJ Simpson so obviously there are some seriously questionable issues that need to be discussed.

I'm not saying that I'm 100% certain that it wasn't premeditated, but I see a reasonable doubt...which is not something I can say about the other two cases I mentioned.

Old 04-28-2013, 09:42 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,440,097 times
The case is taking a long time due to the judge being over-cautious and hearing every sidebar etc. Then there are the daily new reasons the DT wants the case dismissed.

What would you need, to feel ARIAS had pre-meditated this-beyond reasonable doubt? Or could there be enough evidence since she is a younger female who, at times, looks vulnerable? Would you have the same standards for a man?

MSR

Old 04-28-2013, 11:56 AM

10,097 posts, read 7,767,103 times
If this girl isn't found guilty of premeditation, I give up. How can anyone in their right mind not see it? There is just too much evidence against her.

Unfortunately I felt the same way with the Casey Anthony case so I feel Jodi will get lucky too. I think unless the jurors all actually see the murder, there will be doubters no matter what. I'd really like to see Jodi suffer in prison but I have a feeling she'll be able to draw, socialize, have guests, watch TV and after a while she'll get used to it and not really feel as if she's being punished. She'll probably find some guard to have sex with too like that Susan girl that killed her kids.

Old 04-28-2013, 01:34 PM

I would be more likely to believe that it had been premeditated if Jodi had more drastically altered her appearance than simply dying her hair back to her natural color. Maybe if she had cut it off, for instance. I would be more likely to believe that she had planned it if she had shot him before using the knife, since no one would reasonably PLAN to kill someone with a knife..especially if she had a gun. And most of all, I would believe it was planned if there weren't so much evidence that she would have a need to defend herself against Travis from their whole relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime