Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 12:20 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,031,855 times

Advertisements

Here's an article with a photo of the suspected perp.

Companion article in same paper today.

Denver Post reports that they must've pulled the plug on the suspect. Excerpt: "Ebel had an extensive criminal record and was a member of the white supremacist prison gang known as the 211 Crew."

@Wong21fr, yes, I clearly recall "to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, ...against all enemies, foreign and domestic..." when I joined the Civil Service in 1972. When I retired, they did not rescind the oath, I still feel committed and don't mind it one bit.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2013, 01:03 PM

17,709 posts, read 29,812,481 times
Default Nice try, but

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
I've developed a hypothesis that ties all of the current zany theories together
Not complete enough.
You left out the gun-toting gays and their civil unions.

Old 03-22-2013, 01:31 PM

977 posts, read 1,328,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Not complete enough.
You left out the gun-toting gays and their civil unions.
What's the theory on that one?

Old 03-22-2013, 03:25 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,457,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
It appears the Dominoes jacket that was found in the car belonged to Nathan Leon, the Dominoes employee who was killed last Saturday. Leon obviously wore the jacket when Clements opened the door, figuring it was a Dominoes employee.
This is tragic. He was a father and this was his second job. My heart goes out to his family.

This is the story from when it first happened on 7 news in Denver

7NEWS - Nate Leon's heartbroken family asks whoever killed the hard-working father: Why? - Local Story

Old 03-22-2013, 11:10 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,477,758 times
I am glad that scumbag was gunned down by the Texas Rangers. I feel the worst for the pizza guy's family they have no money. The poor gentleman from CDOC knew his job was dangerous and well paid for it, still damn sad. I have to think tonight is going to be rough for those 211 thugs in Denver jail, good.

Old 03-23-2013, 03:51 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,457,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
I am glad that scumbag was gunned down by the Texas Rangers. I feel the worst for the pizza guy's family they have no money. The poor gentleman from CDOC knew his job was dangerous and well paid for it, still damn sad. I have to think tonight is going to be rough for those 211 thugs in Denver jail, good.

I hope not. One wrong does not mean law enforcement can go and do another wrong.

Old 03-23-2013, 06:07 PM

18,214 posts, read 25,850,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I hope not. One wrong does not mean law enforcement can go and do another wrong.
On the other hand, if I was a 211 inmate I'd be growing eyes in the back of my head.

211 isn't a number of a Boy Scout troop, this is a white supremist group that started in Denver in 1995. At first they were basically involved with drugs, weapons, trafficking, etc., etc. This bunch got the notoriety they were looking for when two members, Jeremiah Barnum and Nathan Thill, went postal on an individual who clearly was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Google in Oumar Dia.

IIRC he was a service industry worker at a downtown Denver hotel. Immigrated from Africa. In November of 1997 he was waiting at a Denver bus stop when Barnum and Thill physically beat up Dia for no good reason other than his skin color. A young lady, Jennie Van Velkinburgh, was walking past and came to Dia's aid. She got shot by Barnum for her trouble. She remains paralyzed. Dia IIRC later died at a Denver hospital. Barnum was killed last year by accosting a law enforcement officer while in prison.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 03-23-2013 at 06:20 PM..

Old 03-23-2013, 06:51 PM

Default Won't happen

Quote:
is going to be rough for those 211 thugs in Denver jail
1. As far as I can tell, none of Evan's crimes were committed in Denver.
2. He was in prison (Colorado) and not jail (Denver County)

Old 03-23-2013, 06:54 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,477,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
1. As far as I can tell, none of Evan's crimes were committed in Denver.
2. He was in prison (Colorado) and not jail (Denver County)
I was responding to what I believe I read the other day that 211's started in Denver jail but the real point is I bet the 211's are going to get some "law enforcement karma"

Old 03-23-2013, 07:57 PM

Default No

Quote:
I was responding to what I believe I read the other day that 211's started in Denver jail but the real point is I bet the 211's are going to get some "law enforcement karma"
The 211s will but not the 211's.
Brought to you be the Committee to Save the Apostrophe from Abuse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime