Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 12:48 AM

137 posts, read 151,422 times

Advertisements

Son of captor suspect wrote article about missing woman in 2004

In a strange twist, the son of one of the men suspected of kidnapping and holding three women captive for close to a decade in a Cleveland home wrote an article about one of the missing women in 2004.

The police were at the house on several occasions, and did not find anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2013, 05:26 AM

8,043 posts, read 10,635,981 times
I'm glad they're safe, but something seems a little "off". Maybe more involved than just the three slimeballs.

Old 05-08-2013, 05:51 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
Creepy. This is disturbing on so many levels.

Old 05-08-2013, 06:36 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Wonderful news that gives other parents with missing children hope. I have heard so many 911 calls where the operator needs to be working at the McDonald's drive-thru but your order will probably be wrong. I thought they were suppose to stay on the line with the caller until either the police or ambulance arrived. Some operators I have heard have attempted to calm the caller down as they wait for help. The police really screwed up in 2011.

They need to execute these three pieces of slime.

Yeah there is a lot of stuff that the cops missed in the last 10 years. I think that this is only the tip of the iceberg. At any rate, I understand why people are against the death penalty, and I have my issues with it in regards to giving that kind of control to the state, but this case isn't one of them! If found guilty, (and more than likely that will be the case) not one more dime of the taxpayers money should be spent housing them until their date with lethal injection. Take them out back behind the Justice Center, and put a slug in the back of each one of their heads!

Old 05-08-2013, 06:40 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
I'm glad they're safe, but something seems a little "off". Maybe more involved than just the three slimeballs.

It wouldn't suprise me.

Old 05-08-2013, 07:37 AM

2,430 posts, read 5,579,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
It wouldn't suprise me.
Yeah, it's an odd neighborhood. I didn't realize that the house had boarded-up windows, but neighbors said that many of the houses on the street had boarded up windows -- and people lived there! I've never heard of that. Most houses like that are abandoned.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:08 AM

958 posts, read 2,133,137 times
Another sad part of this is Amanda Berry's mother consulted a psychic Sylvia Browne on the Montel Williams show in 2004 who told her Amanda wad dead.
I don't put any stock in such things but I can understand how desperation can drive someone to that extent and I don't criticize her for it. But It would be interesting to hear from Sylvia Browne now.

This morning on the news it was reported Michelle Knight may have taken the worse beatings. Dr.s say she is nearly deaf and bones in her face were broken and healed on their own.
Also the house was said to be headed for foreclosure. Regardless, it should be demolished once this is over.

Old 05-08-2013, 09:20 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,711,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Apparently neighbours had called the police about strange activities at the house, and all the police did was knock on the door for 8 minutes, and when no one answered, they left. That's all! The police are going to have to answer for this one.
Agreed. Cops are a joke. I had someone breaking into a rental I was in and it took the cops 20 minutes to even show up. It was the city but not a bad section at all. Good thing the intruder took gunfire noise seriously I could be dead by now. This was a serial burglar too that was breaking into multiple homes in the area so the had multiple complaints about him. The finally caught him after someone shot him in the leg.

Its like the wild west anymore.

The only time I had fast responses was living in small towns, areas with their own local police (not city cops), or when there was a domestic and I heard someone screaming rape. Cops showed up in 4 minutes and in multiples. Talked to them and this house had multiple complaints about domestics. They were not even going to go into the house until I started writing down badge numbers...

Old 05-08-2013, 09:23 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,386,800 times
Imagine being chained up like animals for years in dark small rooms. I know for a fact I wouldn't have made it and I have no idea how the survivors did but it will be very interesting (and terrifying) to hear what went on in that house. I seriously hope they put all three of the monsters to death.

Old 05-08-2013, 09:45 AM

1,257 posts, read 4,575,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
Imagine being chained up like animals for years in dark small rooms. I know for a fact I wouldn't have made it and I have no idea how the survivors did but it will be very interesting (and terrifying) to hear what went on in that house. I seriously hope they put all three of the monsters to death.
I am wondering whether there are victims who didn't survive. There is another girl kidnapped in the same area. I think her name is Ashley Summer. Her family was hoping she was one of the women found. But.. I hope they will find her soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime