Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 09:57 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LingLing View Post
I am wondering whether there are victims who didn't survive. There is another girl kidnapped in the same area. I think her name is Ashley Summer. Her family was hoping she was one of the women found. But.. I hope they will find her soon.

I thought I heard mention that there was at one point a 4th girl there, and that one day all of a sudden she wasn't. Could it have been Ashley? Perhaps. As I said, I feel that this is only the tip of the iceberg.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2013, 10:19 AM

486 posts, read 863,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
First off I'm glad that these women were found alive...

Second: The 911 operator should be fired for her incompetence-it is standared procedure to stay on the line with a victim until help arrives....

The neighbor was great getting involved when he saw one of the women trying to get out of the house-

I really hope they can put their lives back together.
I hope these girls get the help they will need because what they must have gone through is
unimaginable. These monsters should be sent to a soviet type prison system for life.
No rights, privileges, no tv, radio, no sitting on their bunks (only allowed to sleep on them)
only 90 minutes of exercise a day...blind folded when they are moved to another area......

Old 05-08-2013, 10:25 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,386,800 times
Quote:
I am wondering whether there are victims who didn't survive. There is another girl kidnapped in the same area. I think her name is Ashley Summer. Her family was hoping she was one of the women found. But.. I hope they will find her soon.
Yes, I've heard as many as three others and perhaps FIVE babies may have been terminated as well - all of this IMO by far is enough to convict on capital punishment charges.

Old 05-08-2013, 10:28 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,386,800 times
I hope if and when they set up some sort of financial fund for all of these victims everyone in America contributes. They should be financially secure at least in the coming months after living in literal Hell for the better part of their lives.

Old 05-08-2013, 10:46 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by key4lp View Post
I hope these girls get the help they will need because what they must have gone through is
unimaginable. These monsters should be sent to a soviet type prison system for life.
No rights, privileges, no tv, radio, no sitting on their bunks (only allowed to sleep on them)
only 90 minutes of exercise a day...blind folded when they are moved to another area......

Nope. Once convicted, a slug to the back of their heads works for me! Quick... easy... done! Why should our taxpayer money fund keeping these sickos alive in prison for the rest of their lives? Yes in a lot of instances I do question capital punishment! This is NOT one of them!

Old 05-08-2013, 10:48 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,711,674 times
Quote:
Woah:

search criteria: 105th street , Cleveland, OH

Family Watchdog*-*Map of registered offenders in your neighborhood

There are SO MANY sex offenders around that area. Holy danger zone.

Old 05-08-2013, 12:06 PM

25,959 posts, read 22,113,827 times
There are a lot of offenders everywhere! The lists keep growing. I have an adult son with Down syndrome and with all the pervs out there, sometimes I just want to not let him out of my sight! We carry stun guns which are legal in our state. I say, go back to the public hangings because I would travel to see these guys hang and applaud when it was over!

Old 05-08-2013, 01:28 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
What I find personally disturbing about this, is our society, and not being nosy about weird things going on at neighbors homes. We just put strange stuff on ignore. And carry on.

Maybe when neighbors see weird stuff, it should be reported, many times. Because, it seems like police and CPS just go '' do their job'', without asking probing questions, or any follow up.

Maybe these people should be held accountable, and they would do their jobs better. I think whoever investigated Jaycee Dugard captor should have been terminated, without a pension. Same with lame police who blew these women off.

Old 05-08-2013, 01:31 PM

8,827 posts, read 7,328,244 times
There probably is much more to this...what did the 3 do before they decided to keep their victims locked up? A rapist doesn't just one day decide to do this without "practicing". I doubt they were just at this the past 10 years or so.

We live in a society where people "mind their own business"' too much. It used to be where neighbors whatced eachothers kids from afar, where's moms would sit together while kids played. Stay at home moms were the norm. Grandparents were involved in the raising of kids.
That's not saying bad things didn't happen then. There we lots of horrible family secrets. I just think it's getting worse.

Old 05-08-2013, 01:37 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,966,721 times
Parents can't let their children walk to school or walk anywhere anymore. It is too dangerous. A child can't even play in their own yard without a parent attending them ... and I am speaking of older kids and young teens.

These three men do not deserve to live another day. They have robbed Berry, DeJesus and Knight of their youth. All they have experienced is torture, rape and things we will never know about. Perhaps someone will take jailhouse justice on all three. I hate to think they will spend a year or two in jail awaiting a trial and I hope they don't get some kind of 'sweet deal' from the prosecution. They need to D I E ... soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime