Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2013, 08:12 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,749,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackscorpion View Post
10 years and you mean to tell me that they could never get out? These guys had to sleep sometime. I would do whatever it took to get out, even if it meant killing them.
Easy to say that from your living room. They did what they had to do & they're alive today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2013, 08:13 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,713,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackscorpion View Post
10 years and you mean to tell me that they could never get out? These guys had to sleep sometime. I would do whatever it took to get out, even if it meant killing them.

They tried. And when he caught them he would beat them and rape them. He would lie about leaving to see if they would come out and when they did: boom. Torture. Since they were under nourished that is not going to leave the human body with much strength either.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Some news program that my husband attaches a certain credence to said when the girls were interviewed they all said none of them was ever in the backyard naked.

Who knows, maybe there was a fourth woman or maybe the neighbors have it in for the police?

There were multiple off limits room and one missing girl. Maybe there were even more missing girls than just that one? Maybe those were the girls on leashes. They also could of totally blocked that out of their memory. Maybe they were not any of the imprisoned girls at all. Maybe they were prostitutes or girlfriends. Just some possibilities.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstate Nancy View Post
Surprised that w/ such a densely packed neighborhood no one saw or heard anything for 10 yrs. I guess these sociopathic nut jobs are experts at their trade. He wrote a note about his "bad childhood." Right, and he can say he was mentally ill, too. Personally, I don't think the public will feel too much sympathy for him. He'd better have a private cell, not many prisoners will feel too much empathy w/ him either.
That is just common for a poor neighborhood. Everyone stays out of other people's business for personal safety and their privacy. If you were cooking meth next door you are not going to call the cops on the neighbor etc.

PS.

Just found this:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ring-wife.html

Cooking meth or beating your wife...so abuse sounds like what just happens and is ignored.

Last edited by Opsimathia; 05-09-2013 at 09:12 AM..

Old 05-09-2013, 09:05 AM

958 posts, read 2,133,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I am good with death penalty for these POS.
It appears execution will not happen. Even though Ohio is active in capital punishment, with two executions so far this year. This slim ball will not face it unfortunately.
He will in all likelihood receive what he dished out, beatings and rape in prison. Unless he gets into protective custody it will continue for years to come.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:12 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Nimity View Post
I am really struggling with what I read in today's paper. Four elderly woman called the police after seeing the girls naked and chained in the yard, yet the cops did not go in. Three girls missing in the immediate area and they did not make the connection? The Cleveland police force should be completely embarrassed about this.
I have my doubts about this.

Four women seeing chained up naked women in a back yard would have done more than just call the cops. They would have told enough people and insisted and yelled loud enough that someone would have paid attention and checked out the situation.

Sounds like a made up story.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:32 AM

2,257 posts, read 5,188,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirron View Post
Who here thinks that the best punishment would be to lock these perverts in a room with the victims' Dads?

Should take only five, maybe ten minutes tops.
No, let them live the life of their victims for the remainder of their life. They do not deserve a quick death.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:55 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,387,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenj08 View Post
No, let them live the life of their victims for the remainder of their life. They do not deserve a quick death.
Chained up, too, with only bread and water for "nourishment."

Old 05-09-2013, 10:09 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
In the news conference the police said the girls had only been outside twice, and both times were wearing disguises.

Whenever sensational cases break so many of the early reports are wrong.
Yes. My husband heard this on tv, too.

If this is true, why would all those neighbors lie?
I heard of three separate instances, none of which was four elderly women.
One was two teens telling their mom, who called the police. They might have blown that off because it was kids originally.
Another was a couple who were joking about it and later thought it might not be so funny. They called, but maybe they sounding whimsical while speaking to the police.
I forgot who the third was.

Maybe there was a fourth woman that they did not know of. Maybe she was kept in a shed or in one of the brother's homes?

Anyway, I think phone records are kept, not only by the police, but by phone companies. It might/should be possible to check the phone records of the people who said they called the police.

Don't forget, we are not seeing what the girls are actually saying about the nude episode. There is a third party telling this to reporters, maybe a fourth.

I have a really hard time thinking that so many in that neighborhood would want to lie just to accuse the police of something or to get their names in the papers. One person, maybe, but three or four?

Old 05-09-2013, 10:09 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
Amazing...So glad they are found. hope they get through all the aftermath ok. Thank goodness for people like Mr. Ramsey!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime