Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 11:52 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,275,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
What if it was revealed to us as FACT that OJ was innocent.

What would be your entire response?

Legally, it was revealed he was innocent. Mind you, legally and technically, by law, he IS innocent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2013, 11:58 PM

44,628 posts, read 61,611,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
OJ got away with murder............period. I liked the line that I think Jay Leno said after the verdict. He said "OJ has sworn to track down the true killers and he has started by looking on every golf course in the country ! " So true, OJ is a sleaze ball and I hope they keep his dumb butt locked up for ever. Stupid jerk got away with murder and couldn't keep himself out of trouble.

Don
100% agree. If OJ was so innocent then why did he try to run away in that car chase. That's the first indication of involvement and guilt.
The verdict was a racial thing, even the jurors admitted that after the case was over. Their prejudice against the police was the reason.

Old 06-02-2013, 10:53 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
He was found not guilty.

O.J. Simpson Verdict & Reaction - YouTube

The end.

Old 06-03-2013, 09:48 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,352,595 times
Quote:

recently i watched a BBC docu about the case, and although THE ENTIRE TIME i have thought that he did it, watching that made me doubt, for the first time in my life. and if someone would have told me that i would have that reaction, i would have said, "yeah, whatever, EVERYONE KNOWS OJ DID IT". now i am not so certain.

i am now leaning very strongly on the son. he was nearby, he was angry that nicole had not shown up to his restaurant, where he was a chef, and had planned on preparing a special dinner for her...and they had had problems in the past. he had also threatened his girlfriend that week. he was definitely a live wire. he had motive and opportunity, and certainly had the strength. if you go back, and look at all of OJ's reactions, even the forensic evidence, it all fits. because he would NOT have wanted to turn in his son. NO WAY.

not only that, but some of the forensic evidence from his car was found to contain a chemical that is only used in labs, showing quite convincingly that alot of that forensic evidence had seen a lab before it made its way to OJ's vehicle. considering the corruption at the LAPD at the time, that is not AT ALL outside of the realm of possibility.

i know people will attack that, but i am telling you, i was just like you, i believed with total aplomb that OJ was guilty. i mean, i don't like the guy, he was definitely a wife beater and a certified booby. but like bob marley said, "i shot the sheriff, but i did not shoot the deputy". what i THINK is not maybe what IS.

Old 06-04-2013, 12:45 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,889,546 times
Quote:

Like, in some alternative universe/twilight zone/earth falls into a black hole and reality changes/"glitch in the matrix" type concept?

Old 06-04-2013, 01:31 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,383,703 times
I would be delighted to know that he didn't do it. What would be tragic though is that the real killer is running loose somewhere.

His 33 years sentence in the red state of Nevada was retribution. He's in jail now in Nevada because it was assumed that he committed the murders and got away with it. I would expect a presidential pardon to undo this crap decision in his robbery case, and get this man out of jail. Goldman's civil damage award (another excessive award) should also be discarded, and any money taken away from OJ, returned to him. He should be restored to the state he was in before the murders.

Old 06-04-2013, 03:24 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
His 33 years sentence in the red state of Nevada was retribution. .
You mean the state that sends the Top Democrat Harry Reid to the Senate ?

That is so funny, thanks. I needed a good laugh today.

Old 06-04-2013, 03:48 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,442,098 times
I see some are still saying he was found to be innocent. No. No and no again. He was NOT found innocent. He was found not guilty. It's indicative of the differences in this country that some have allowed themselves to supposedly actually think he is not guilty, when it is so obvious to the majority that he took that knife and slit the throats of Nicole and Ron. It's a great country!

Old 06-04-2013, 04:25 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,809,001 times
If OJ Simpson is innocent of murder because he was acquitted, then those two white men tried for murdering Emmitt Till in Mississippi in 1955 were innocent, too, because they were acquitted!

Emmett Till - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-04-2013, 05:15 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
His 33 years sentence in the red state of Nevada was retribution. He's in jail now in Nevada because it was assumed that he committed the murders and got away with it.
Only a liberal such as yourself would believe such nonsense.

Forgive me TC mods - I realize that this isn't P&OC, but Lexus's comment was over the top and needed to be called out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime