Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 01:41 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,711,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Some people pimp their kids, seriously so maybe some time with the little girl was the trade for the shopping trip and maybe some extra cash for drugs. Pure evil deserves the death penalty. This man is not a human but some evil thing and there are many like this.

I thought that may be the case too. Why else would you let a total stranger take your kid anywhere?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2013, 06:16 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,828,322 times
Absolutely reprehensible - tragic, to say the least - and correct, once again, what is wrong with the system? Well, many things are wrong with the system, clearly -- what, again, speaks so notably is the issue, or lack thereof, of accountability.

Quite some time ago, I tried to start a thread about 'accountability' [or lack thereof] w/in the system, i.e., law enforcement, prosecutors, judges, probation and parole -- time to bring it back to the table [sorry to go off point a bit].

Senseless tragedy that will probably never make sense and could undoubtedly have been prevented. I mourn for that family.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:18 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,137,228 times
The problem I have is the recidivism rates of pedophiles. Our system does not handle the punishment of this group of abhorrent (in this case deadly) offenders very well. We know, from past experience, that many will commit similar crimes (or worse) as soon as they are released. The fear of doing more time is obviously not an impairment compared to their drive to do a similar crime.

My feeling is that we should give them time that they do fear. I do think that cases should be reviewed case by case – the 16 year old, that has consensual sex with the 15 year old, is not in this same category. But; hardened sex offenders should be sent to a jail with open cells and similar prisoners. These pedophiles might not fear government punishment – but I would bet you they would fear each other. Why not let our problems take care of themselves?

Old 06-26-2013, 01:50 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,634,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie20 View Post
Sex offender charged with murdering eight-year-old Florida girl less than ONE HOUR after mom let him take her to McDonald's after befriending family at dollar store | Mail Online

He befriended mother and she let him take the little girl outside for a hamburger. He took the child away in his van and murdered her.

The mother must be very naive to let her child out of her sight. Also why are these people let out into the community where they can prey on people. It makes me so angry. This sort of thing is happening far too often.

How "naive" can a mother be in 2013, and in of all states Florida? Sex Offender Central.

Who "befriends" someone in a store in matter of a couple of hours?

He is a monster, but the mother needs to be looked at. Unless she has an IQ of 58, what was going on there?

Old 06-26-2013, 06:07 PM

926 posts, read 1,256,093 times
The mother should be charged with child endangerment.

Also, if they put monsters like this in general (prison) population, justice will be done.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:55 PM

1,376 posts, read 1,367,130 times
This is sick that it had to happen. A fellow member of the gun forum I frequent is a friend of the child's father. That man is beside himself, so angry at the mother and the fellow member is worried about him when he shows up at the funeral. He's afraid that the father are going to choke the living hell out of that mama.

You know, I don't blame him one bit and I would not interfere.

Old 06-30-2013, 07:48 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,760,432 times
DON'T underestimate the ability of one of these slimy people to charm the boots off almost anyone. They know how to pick the vulnerable ones. The prison system should have damn well known better, however. Why would you ever let a guy like this go free?

Old 07-02-2013, 01:54 AM

1,057 posts, read 1,691,367 times
Even people who smoke marijuana get more prison/jail time than rapists. What the hell is wrong with the system?

Old 07-02-2013, 01:59 AM

44,628 posts, read 61,611,846 times
Pediophiles should be castrated before prison release.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:37 AM

1,999 posts, read 2,471,766 times
The mother is likely regretting this to the bottom of her heart. My empathy and condolences go out to her.

Not every stranger is going to abduct or molest or murder your child. True. And because of that we can run away with the idea that our surroundings are very safe and strangers approaching are good and loving people. And we can trust strangers.

We can go the opposite and not trust strangers. We can assume potential danger in all strangers.

Of the two the latter one, the one of seeing potential danger in all strangers is the least costly if we are wrong.

The U.S. Government implements this logic of false beliefs in its war on terror by screening people boarding planes. The cost of being wrong about a person they screen or search is less than being wrong about assuming that person will not blow up or hijack and plane and therefore requires no screening and is simply trusted, walking freely on a plane.

There is a price to pay in either direction. One has to weigh the two and decide which they think results in a lower price paid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
The mother and pedophile should both be put in the same cell, save on Florida tax payer money.
Or maybe the mother should sue her local government for knowingly releasing this man into her area without notifying her and others of his past with children? Therefore, maybe tax payers should compensate her with hundreds of thousands of dollars if not millions?

A class action lawsuit might perhaps best be initiated against the local or state government with public advertisements asking people to come forward who have ever been fondled by this man or any other man released from prison for sexual predation on children in which case the city or state never notified parents or the children of the men being released into the neighborhoods?

No? Is it $$$ does not = justice?

I'll hazard a guess going back decades (long before Amber alerts) the adult victims that were once children is an incredible number today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime