Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 11:45 AM

1,999 posts, read 2,472,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Pediophiles should be castrated before prison release.
There are innocent people in prison accused of rape, murder, and even pedophilia. It is a point of fact (not my mere opinion) we know today from both recanted testimony to DNA evidence.

So, for your sake, so you can see your brand of justice executed, let us both hope you are falsely accused of molesting some child, endure the hell of prison as a "pedophile" in prison among harden convicts with no great moral disposition themselves, and are castrated before you are released from prison.

The gorilla in the room no one wants to ask is, Why does the United States seem to produce so many child molesters and child abductors?

It is a honest question I have. And it doesn't just seem to be correlated to are huge population number (which I'm sure is one factor). China and India are both larger in populations and both developing nations. And not that either don't have their criminal problems and child molesters, but for both a large population as the U.S. and a developed nation our social pathology in this seems to be epidemic. It seems to be like a cancer that has spread and has entered its late stages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2013, 12:03 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,472,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
The problem I have is the recidivism rates of pedophiles. Our system does not handle the punishment of this group of abhorrent (in this case deadly) offenders very well. We know, from past experience, that many will commit similar crimes (or worse) as soon as they are released. The fear of doing more time is obviously not an impairment compared to their drive to do a similar crime.

My feeling is that we should give them time that they do fear. I do think that cases should be reviewed case by case – the 16 year old, that has consensual sex with the 15 year old, is not in this same category. But; hardened sex offenders should be sent to a jail with open cells and similar prisoners. These pedophiles might not fear government punishment – but I would bet you they would fear each other. Why not let our problems take care of themselves?
I read a psychiatrist that said the problem with dealing with pedophilia is that it resembles and addiction.

I think sex itself has itself can be addictive for most people. Perhaps similar to alcohol most people can enjoy and engage in sex, like alcohol consumption, without it becoming a dysfunctional problem.

A real hardcore gambling addict (not a substance ingested), similar to a crack, heroin, or meth addict, will go almost to the ends of the earth to get their fix, and not mafia violence or drug dealer violence or incarceration will stop them or permanently (perhaps temporarily) deter them.

One sees mafia movies that depict morally corrupt mobsters as morally superior people, executing extra-judicial punishments, chasing down gambling addicts and beating them to a pulp, and we as U.S. citizens think to ourselves, "Yes, this is the way to be, look how heroic and strong these mafia men are, and how weak and worthy of death the gambling addicts that can't pay their bills are." And we learn our moral lessons. We know who we want to emulate. Who the righteous are. TV always trains the human ape (anthropologist like to call humans apes) what to think. The gambling addict--like the pedophile--is never portrayed as someone of redoubtable physical size, no one that punches the mobster in the throat making him buckle to his knees.

I'm not providing a defensive apology for pedophiles. However, rather than letting "cancer" spread, one might inquire as to what are the causes of "cancer" and how we can both take preventive measures against its development, treat it once it comes, and if at all we can find a cure for it?

Old 07-03-2013, 12:23 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
I'm not providing a defensive apology for pedophiles. However, rather than letting "cancer" spread, one might inquire as to what are the causes of "cancer" and how we can both take preventive measures against its development, treat it once it comes, and if at all we can find a cure for it?
Do we not have people that have written volumes on this "addition" and nothing has changed. Some "experts" have devoted their careers to finding or treating this 'illness'. The reality is that the recidivism rates are too high. We have to change our strategy - if we are going to protect the innocent.

I also don't think that you can have a crystal ball and prevent perversion. I am sure that some group, like the ACLU, would go after anybody trying to "prevent" pedophilia.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:41 PM

1,738 posts, read 2,078,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
There are innocent people in prison accused of rape, murder, and even pedophilia. It is a point of fact (not my mere opinion) we know today from both recanted testimony to DNA evidence.

So, for your sake, so you can see your brand of justice executed, let us both hope you are falsely accused of molesting some child, endure the hell of prison as a "pedophile" in prison among harden convicts with no great moral disposition themselves, and are castrated before you are released from prison.

The gorilla in the room no one wants to ask is, Why does the United States seem to produce so many child molesters and child abductors?

It is a honest question I have. And it doesn't just seem to be correlated to are huge population number (which I'm sure is one factor). China and India are both larger in populations and both developing nations. And not that either don't have their criminal problems and child molesters, but for both a large population as the U.S. and a developed nation our social pathology in this seems to be epidemic. It seems to be like a cancer that has spread and has entered its late stages.
Some of it may be we over-sexualize children, and we have cut back on mental health services and hospitals, and we have a huge burdensome registry of 'sex offenders" (over 200 "offenses" in this country can put a person on it) But we have almost NO focus on prevention and education.
The registry was initially intended for guys like this, repeat offenders with an escalating criminal history...not someone who was 18 with a 15 year old girlfriend etc.
I have a loved one who was falsely accused and who is stuck on the registry, and I know pf people who SHOULD be on it and aren't. to me, it's one big FAIL

Old 07-03-2013, 09:29 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,691,748 times
What kind of "mother" would let her daughter go off with a strange man she just met?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime