Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 09:38 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,002,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
George Armstrong Custer, I'd like to give him a hair-cut
His ego, stupidity, and recklessness caused the mass murder of his troops (oh - and him), but he wasn't a serial killer (although he's close to being a "killer" in a sense).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2013, 09:53 PM

16,090 posts, read 10,753,057 times
I found out a few years after the fact that Bundy was stalking a campground the weekend my wife and I were camped there. That's as close as I want to be...too close, actually.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:53 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Serial killer is not the same as a mass murder . Is that what you are referring to?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
He's both.

Old 07-25-2013, 02:12 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
He's both.
here we go again another thread gone; should I mention the current adminstrations usage of predator drones, including on American citizens? nahhh
- IBTL

Old 07-25-2013, 04:06 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
I found out a few years after the fact that Bundy was stalking a campground the weekend my wife and I were camped there. That's as close as I want to be...too close, actually.
Wow!! that's freaky...

Old 07-25-2013, 10:44 PM

2,661 posts, read 5,472,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I just watched a documentary on Charles Starkweather last week. My friend and became curious about what happened to Caril Ann Fugate. She was released from prison after serving 17 years and now lives in quiet anonymity with her husband, who is a weather-observer reporting precipitation levels from wherever they live. She maintains that she did not actually ever kill anyone.

I think I would like to speak with Charles Manson. His lawyer once said that speaking to him on subjects other than the murders was very interesting. He had a lot of stories to tell. Don't get me wrong--it wouldn't make me think he was all birdies and flowers, but I would just like to see what it's like to hear a madman like him sounding normal.
Yes I would like to chat with Charles Manson as well. He is a fascinating character. To me he is similar to Jim Jones and David Koresh. It amazes me how some people can have such a hold on so many people's minds.

Old 07-26-2013, 03:31 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,308,329 times
I would like to meet them all, one at a time. At the meeting with each one, I need open awareness so that I know who I am dealing with, not a charismatic person but a serial killer. Then I would give them the beating of their lives for the sickness and pain they caused countless people...and then take them to jail.

Seriously, treating them like hero's, god's, etc is NOT the answer...if anything that approach has spawned fellow whacko's to start copy cat murders or their own series of events. I would prefer psychologists to evaluate them. Lets interrogate them, understand their thought process, then take that understanding to stop future serial killers...like we do. Then, upon completion of the interrogation, rid them of this earth because the news media and man glorifies them...i.e its Ted Bundy's Birthday, the Hillside strangler just died. This information is listed on headline news along side some real life changing news events...this frustrates me, who cares they are serial killers.

Old 08-01-2013, 03:18 AM

288 posts, read 350,088 times
If I wanted to meet one of (maybe THE) the scariest, it would probably be Carl Panzram. If the most deviant, it would be Albert Fish. But to avoid the nightmares, I think I would go with the one that was described by one of the Beach Boys as a "scruffy little guru", Charles Manson. Calling him a 'serial killer' is a stretch I guess, but still it would be interesting.

Tb.

Old 08-03-2013, 03:33 AM

261 posts, read 497,379 times
Default curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I have no desire whatsoever to meet nor spend an hour with a serial killer.
this is really hilarious why one would bother to click on this link just to post this. lol If you're not interested, why enter the discussion?

Old 08-03-2013, 03:47 AM

261 posts, read 497,379 times
I'd like to meet the Zodiac killer because I don't think the person they suspect was the right one. I am fascinated by this character and for some reason feel that he was similar to Ted Bundy. If I could solve one case, it would be this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime