Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2013, 07:49 AM

2,007 posts, read 6,828,160 times

Advertisements

I too agree that is seems by her actions and posts by her that it was more of an adventure than a kidnapping
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2013, 08:58 AM

226 posts, read 312,004 times
I don't think the LE would be releasing this info if they thought she was in on it, could be wrong though.

Old 08-16-2013, 09:12 AM

297 posts, read 519,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx08 View Post
I don't think the LE would be releasing this info if they thought she was in on it, could be wrong though.
So they believe Hannah is completely innocent, but are going to release information that makes her look suspicious? I think the reason for releasing all this info is to put more pressure on her.

Old 08-16-2013, 09:55 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,964,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler92 View Post
So they believe Hannah is completely innocent, but are going to release information that makes her look suspicious? I think the reason for releasing all this info is to put more pressure on her.
How do you know the information LE is going to release makes Hannah look more suspicious? Do you have access to that information? or did you just already made up your mind about Hannah's participation in this crime because it makes the murder case more sensational?

We are talking about real people here, not tv characters. A real person who just turned 16, probably sexually abused who lost her family. It would be nice if people stopped judging based on assumptions and realize you could be doing a lot of harm to an individual who is not even mature enough to put up with this kind of social judgment

She already took down her webpage. She made a mistake, big deal, that doesn't make her a murderer. The reaction to this case reminds me of the Amanda Knox case, thank God this didn't happen in Italy.

Old 08-16-2013, 09:58 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,887,312 times

No. This article and the included video make it very clear that Ethan's body was found "in the home". That could be interpreted as including the detached garage, I suppose, but this same article and video are very clear and quite specific that the bodies of Christina and the dog were found in the garage - while Ethan's body is only said to be "in the home". That seems to indicate that he was found not only later, but separated from his mother and the dog - in "the home", not the garage.

Why do you say I am "confused"? I see many people exaggerating and distorting the known facts - those released by law enforcement - and rushing to judgment. There are still many uncertainties and confusing, seemingly contradictory accounts in this case, so it seems to me the wisest thing to do is to carefully read and listen to what all primary sources have to say before speculating - and worse, making assumptions - about Hannah's possible involvement. Until then, she's innocent until guilt is proved, and thus far, it's far from that.

As for the letters to DiMaggio from Hannah, I do wish they'd describe them - were they things like thank-you notes for birthday presents (Hannah turned sixteen in July, I believe)? Did they include a "keep away from me, you creep!" message? A postcard sent from a trip without him? Christmas or birthday cards? All of these would be benign, or in the case of the "keep away" message, very clear. Or were they something else entirely? I'd like to know.

It IS significant that DiMaggio kept these "letters" - although I've kept thank-you notes, etc, from my own young family members. Difference is, they are my own relatives and our connection is what it should be.

I do hope LE is examining the reported multiple calls to DiMaggio made by his sister on the day of the murders. What did she know and when did she know it? Did DiMaggio call her first, perhaps panicking (now I'm conjecturing), then she responded in an ill-considered effort to help him in some way? The timing of these calls is extremely suspicious - just as in the reported multiple calls between Hannah and DiMaggio. I'd like to know how many of those H-D calls were placed on each phone, and at what time they were made, information not yet made public as far as I can tell.

Many, many unanswered questions - but it's far too soon to condemn Hannah as seems to be occurring online not only by many here, but in other sites as well.

Let's not indulge in witch-hunting, shall we?

Last edited by CraigCreek; 08-16-2013 at 10:14 AM..

Old 08-16-2013, 10:29 AM

297 posts, read 519,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
How do you know the information LE is going to release makes Hannah look more suspicious? Do you have access to that information? or did you just already made up your mind about Hannah's participation in this crime because it makes the murder case more sensational?

We are talking about real people here, not tv characters. A real person who just turned 16, probably sexually abused who lost her family. It would be nice if people stopped judging based on assumptions and realize you could be doing a lot of harm to an individual who is not even mature enough to put up with this kind of social judgment

She already took down her webpage. She made a mistake, big deal, that doesn't make her a murderer. The reaction to this case reminds me of the Amanda Knox case, thank God this didn't happen in Italy.
Considering the comments under every news article about this case say that they are now suspicious of Hannah and think there's more to this story, I am going to say YES the new info does make her look more suspicious in the eyes of the public. Of course no one knows what the 13 calls were about, or the letters from Hannah to Jim actually said, but the fact is that right now, a lot of people are suspicious of Hannah based on what has been made public.

Old 08-16-2013, 11:29 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,990,710 times
How effed up has this world become? I really hope there isn't anything more to this case other than a kidnapping-

Think the Hannah Anderson case is strange? You’re not alone.

Old 08-16-2013, 01:47 PM

2,135 posts, read 7,653,672 times
Add me to the club that is trying to figure out what is going on here!

Old 08-16-2013, 01:56 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,646,579 times
It's funny(maybe sad really) but 20 yrs ago I would never have questioned whether Hannah was anything but a victim...who would think a husband would murder his very pregnant wife...or a single mom would kill her 2yr old and go out partying that night...kinda depressing...

Old 08-16-2013, 02:14 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,344,416 times
I agree. I still think that she was manipulated.

As I told you guys before, back in the 70's, I was in college, doing a report on juvenile offenders, there was hardly anything to find. Of course, research back then was more difficult. No internet or computers. But, even studies were difficult to find.

Now, no problem. Pick up any paper, juvenile crimes every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime