Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2013, 04:21 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,467,646 times

Advertisements

I think a lot of people are jumping to conclusions without really knowing the full story. I would be waiting to find out more information before judging this girl. No one knows this girl and how she reacts to situations.

I do find it bizarre that people seem to be placing blame on this girl and saying that the 40 yo (?) DiMaggio was manipulated by a girl who has just turned 16. It is much more likely the other way around. More information will come out about this maybe someone will write a book and really get the "nitty gritty" of this story.

It is really nightmarish what happened to the mother and little boy. All animal lovers will feel for the poor dog and some cats that were killed in this mess as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2013, 04:58 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,618,277 times
I think the mom was screwing around on the dad with DiMaggio-maybe D. believes Hannah is his child? You cannot make this up..what a strange situation.

Old 08-17-2013, 05:44 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,850,819 times
I went to school with a 16 year old girl who lost her father and sister in a tragic fire at their home. She acted nothing like Hannah, believe me! I have been suspicious about Hannah from the first time I heard the breaking news while they were searching for her.

Now multiple news sources are reporting that Hannah made more than a dozen phone calls to him in the hours before the abduction.

This does not add up to Hannah's version of the story.

Old 08-17-2013, 05:52 AM

I feel sorry for Hannah's dad. Lost in wife, son and dog in a horrible manner and now he will surely have more pain to go through as this investigation and possible involvement from his daughter unfolds.

Old 08-17-2013, 05:53 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,632,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
I went to school with a 16 year old girl who lost her father and sister in a tragic fire at their home. She acted nothing like Hannah, believe me! I have been suspicious about Hannah from the first time I heard the breaking news while they were searching for her.

Now multiple news sources are reporting that Hannah made more than a dozen phone calls to him in the hours before the abduction.

This does not add up to Hannah's version of the story.
Yes, because we all know all 16 year old girls act the same. I think most of you have been watching too much reality TV.

Old 08-17-2013, 05:58 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
I read one story that said that DiMaggio was armed and fired one shot. It also went on to say that he was killed by multiple shots to the head and chest. To me; that means that he would have had to fired first. It is unlikely (not impossible) that he could have returned fire after he sustained those injuries. I would like to hear more about the actual FBI takedown.

Did we hear any more information about what this man was armed with or if they did find explosives/incendiaries and what kind? I just don't like ambiguous stories that don't give details. In this new age of Homeland Security our government tends to paint broad pictures and we, the public, might not see things the same way. I saw one account that his house was searched and they found incendiary wire - what the heck is that?

Old 08-17-2013, 06:22 AM

6 posts, read 9,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muttonbuster View Post
Even taken by itself, 13 calls/texts in one day and letters written from her to a guy that she supposedly thinks is creepy enough that she doesn't want to be in a car alone with him throws up a giant red flag, and there are plenty of others with this case.

Sure, you can easily find a psychologist to say that her getting her nails done is just an unusual way of coping; but it also could denote the behavior of a sociopath. We're living in a day and age where we've had a 14 year old girl in Austria kill her mother over an internet ban, a 16 year old girl in Texas shot her mother to be with a boyfriend, etc. Sure she's young an impressionable. However, IMO given how far society has broken down these days, a 16 year old is just as likely to be as conniving as a 30 year old marrying for money. (not saying that women are all bad by a long shot, but there are just as many bad apples as men).

A guy like DiMaggio is absolutely ripe to be manipulated. If she had a bad relationship with her mother, that sure gives her more motive than him; so I'm very curious what the neighbors called PD about that they made a welfare check. Of course it's all conjecture, but PD concluding in just one week of investigation that she was forced to go with him under duress while there is a mountain of evidence and the media circling the wagons around her beyond all doubt is absolute insanity.
Yes exactly thank you!! All I was saying is that I think it is a REALLY bad idea to believe that someone is innocent of a crime just because they're "just a girl" or "just a kid". History is rife with examples of girls and children who have committed not just murder but cold-blooded murder. As much as some of these posters want to demonize those of us who refuse to see this case through a pair of rose-colored glasses by calling us "awful", or telling us we "don't understand", none of it changes the fact that something is very wrong on the part of Hannah in the way everything has happened both before and after her rescue. We're not making this up, people, we're not conspiracy theorists. We just don't believe everything CNN is reports.

Old 08-17-2013, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
Yes, because we all know all 16 year old girls act the same. I think most of you have been watching too much reality TV.
Wait and see what develops as this case gets pieced together.

Hannah's version of the story has holes big enough to drive a truck through.

Old 08-17-2013, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro975 View Post
Yes exactly thank you!! All I was saying is that I think it is a REALLY bad idea to believe that someone is innocent of a crime just because they're "just a girl" or "just a kid". History is rife with examples of girls and children who have committed not just murder but cold-blooded murder. As much as some of these posters want to demonize those of us who refuse to see this case through a pair of rose-colored glasses by calling us "awful", or telling us we "don't understand", none of it changes the fact that something is very wrong on the part of Hannah in the way everything has happened both before and after her rescue. We're not making this up, people, we're not conspiracy theorists. We just don't believe everything CNN is reports.
Not CNN, the sheriff, " Sheriff's spokeswoman Jan Caldwell stressed on Friday that after extensively interviewing Hannah Anderson and reviewing the evidence, investigators had concluded she was an innocent victim.

"Hannah was a victim in every sense of the word," Caldwell said Friday. "We cannot be more clear on that."

Old 08-17-2013, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
Wait and see what develops as this case gets pieced together. ;(

Hannah's version of the story has holes big enough to drive a truck through.
I guess you are privy to some evidence the sheriff is not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime